Ukraine lounge

La Águila Negra

Ostrich
Other Christian
In other monetary news, some unsuspecting French border guards have accidentally detained a couple of Ukrainian spies in a German car, who were transporting a "massive amount" of bags of cash, neatly made up of brand new 20 or 50 euro bills, fresh from some national money (mint) house. Obviously intended for distribution in Maidan and various streets of Ukraine, to low level crisis actors/Maidan protesters. Is this all a show, one wonders?
This story needs some elaboration.

Your suggestion is related to getting Zelensky out and a hardliner in?

I personally would be more inclined to believe that these are Ukrainian operatives used by Western spy agencies to stir up trouble in Russia or countries close to it.

I can see how many Belarusians wouldn't be too happy about hosting so many russian troops and machines. With the amount of military presence there.... is it a russian state or what?

It is part of the Union State.

As for the Russian stock market, Western analysts refuse to learn from their mistakes. As much as I have criticized Putin in this thread, the past has shown that he is capable of making decisions based on National Security concerns thereby superseding economic/financial motives.

After the 2014 Crimea takeover the Ruble lost close to 50 percent of its value and the Russian state spent about 25 percent of its reserves propping up the economy.

This is something that the merchants and their ilk will probably never learn to understand.

Lukashenko:

Feyoder

Pelican
Wanker warmongers wept...

Russia Stages Snap War Drills Near Ukraine As NATO Backs Off Military 'Option'

teaser image
Jens Stoltenberg now says "NATO will not deploy NATO combat troops to Ukraine."

Not that anyone should be surprised.

La Águila Negra had a good point, I think this and the US continually saying, and when no one asked, that they "definitely won't intervene militarily" is like inviting russia to start a war. Like the limited incursion supposed "slip up" by biden.

1643194670592.png

Oops not supposed to say that out loud.

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
BTW our media is currently throwing a hissy fit over this statement by our surprisingly based president:

The Croats are smarter and cooler headed than Poles. No reason for Croatia to take part in this developing cluster fcuk.

Excellent development.

This is an example of monetary war. Why US citizens don't do the same? The people of US should do the same and withdraw from JP Morgan.

Caduceus

Pelican

Russia's top general hands Putin a list of demands from the USA and other western globomhomo countries

GrimIncompatibleCommongonolek-max-1mb.gif

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
La Águila Negra had a good point, I think this and the US continually saying, and when no one asked, that they "definitely won't intervene militarily" is like inviting russia to start a war. Like the limited incursion supposed "slip up" by biden.

View attachment 36811

Oops not supposed to say that out loud.
Where else is a country supposed to keep its military, if not at its border?????

Going strong

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
This story needs some elaboration.

Your suggestion is related to getting Zelensky out and a hardliner in?

I personally would be more inclined to believe that these are Ukrainian operatives used by Western spy agencies to stir up trouble in Russia or countries close to it.

It is part of the Union State.

As for the Russian stock market, Western analysts refuse to learn from their mistakes. As much as I have criticized Putin in this thread, the past has shown that he is capable of making decisions based on National Security concerns thereby superseding economic/financial motives.

After the 2014 Crimea takeover the Ruble lost close to 50 percent of its value and the Russian state spent about 25 percent of its reserves propping up the economy.

This is something that the merchants and their ilk will probably never learn to understand.

You're right, I should have explained with a bit more clarity.

I don't think it's money related to mounting a coup against the current Ukrainian government. I think it's the contrary, money sent by Western powers to the Ukrainian services, for them to distribute in the streets of Kyiv, to "anti Russian" (paid) people.

It might even be money destined to people who would in exchange kill Russian soldiers? Like, a cash bounty against Russians...

And note that the geographical details of the case point to the cash coming from the famous Paper Money House described in the Netflix series, or from a fast boat crossing near Gibraltar... Note also that the bills were new and in 20/50 euros denominations. Exactly the sum that one gives to a street activist, reportedly.

El Draque

Banned
Orthodox

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
NATO giving Russia a written response to their demands:

giphy.gif

Just watched NATO’s secretary general Stoltenberg commenting on the paper… he’s ”umming” and ”aaahing” more than saying actual words.
Same. Today dispels any remaining notion that NATO was acting in good faith. It's clear that the West will do anything to provoke a war.

Mountaineer

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I doubt there will be a major war. Sanctions come in and Western EU and Britain are hammered by further utility prices.

All the dominos are there for the Great Reset.
Ultimately that is the true winner in this stupid conflict.

A military incursion into EU territory would mean infrastructure damage and Satan can't have that because his system will run on it. The US media is ramping up the scare while Satan Klaus is calmly plotting away... he's not bothered because he knows it will be contained.

skullmask

Woodpecker
Protestant
Ultimately that is the true winner in this stupid conflict.

A military incursion into EU territory would mean infrastructure damage and Satan can't have that because his system will run on it. The US media is ramping up the scare while Satan Klaus is calmly plotting away... he's not bothered because he knows it will be contained.
The same thing was said prior to the first World War. Many believed that a major war would be foolish and destabilize international trade so much that the major powers wouldn't be willing to risk it. And look what happened. These so-called masterminds think they are in control of the situation and can just manipulate things to get their way. That may be working now but it's easy for events to get out of hand. And their enemy always gets a vote.

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
Motives for the Ukraine conflict:
If you want to understand where the US-Russia relationship went off the rails, I think you should start with House of Cards, Season 3, Episode 6, which aired in 2015. Bear with me (spoilers coming in the next three paragraphs).

I stopped watching House of Cards at the end of Season 4, so I don’t know what happened after that, although I know Kevin Spacey was canceled and dropped from the series. For those who haven’t seen it, the show in its early seasons starred Spacey as Frank Underwood, one of the last of the white Democratic congressmen from the South, and featured his rise to the presidency.

By the time of S3:E6, Underwood has reached the top job and basically solved the problem of Middle East peace through negotiations with Russian President “Viktor Petrov”, an obvious stand-in for Putin. Everything has been worked out, except for one pesky detail. The homophobic Russians have arrested Michael Corrigan (John Pasternak), an American gay rights activist, and won’t let him go until he apologizes for being so gay in front of children. The whole deal rests on this, otherwise the Russians won’t go along. Putin reveals he has two cabinet ministers who are gay, and his ex-wife’s nephew who is like a son to him is also gay, but despite all this he must take into account the feelings of the Russian people and can’t budge on the LGBT issue (this reassures the viewer that no intelligent person can disagree with them, only dumb rubes). Underwood doesn’t really care about this, but his wife Claire (Robin Wright) does, and she meets Corrigan in his prison cell, where she comes to sympathize with the activist as he refuses to agree to the conditions of the release and demands that Putin accept his gayness instead. Claire takes his side against Frank and Putin. I won’t spoil the ending for those who care, as it’s not relevant to appreciating the importance of the episode.

There are two things to understand about House of Cards. First of all, it is a show made for people who are very into politics, highly educated types whose views are shaped by what’s in The New York Times and The Atlantic. In other words, liberals who get caught up in mainstream hysterias like Russiagate, but who are not so angry or far out there that they are on the cutting edge of wokeness and can’t appreciate an artistic portrayal of the highest levels of American politics. Second, the theme of the show in its early seasons was that Frank and Claire are ruthless political operators who will crush anyone in their path in pursuit of power. Claire was willing to blow up a Middle East peace deal and perhaps her husband’s chances for reelection out of a genuine concern for a gay rights activist, a rare instance of idealism in a show known for having such a cynical take on American politics that it has been promoted by geopolitical rivals. Sure, the Underwoods are monsters, but not even Claire can deny the moral strength of LGBT as a geopolitical issue. To the show’s audience, stopping Arabs and Jews from killing each other pales in importance.

The background of this is that in 2013, Russia passed a law banning gay propaganda towards minors. This came on the heels of the 2012 arrest of members of Pussy Riot, a female performance art collective, for sacrilegious acts at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow. Three members of the group were sentenced to two years in prison each, with two of them serving their full sentences, and upon release they would face off against Putin in Season 3, Episode 3 of House of Cards.

The US response in the media to Pussy Riot and the anti-gay law was nothing short of hysterical, and coverage of Russia, a country that had previously been viewed largely with indifference by American elites, has never been the same. My impression is that the gay propaganda law may have gotten more coverage in the American press than any other event that happened in Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union.

In the 2012 election, when Romney called Russia “our greatest geopolitical foe,” Obama famously responded that the 1980s called and it wanted its foreign policy back. This was before the gay propaganda law. Although it’s hard to prove that this was the turning point, as someone who was studying international relations at the time on a university campus and who paid close attention to American politics, it felt as if some Rubicon had been crossed and any move towards friendlier relations was impossible. By 2015, even before the rise of Trump, Putin was not the leader of a country, but a Hollywood villain.

In 2014, we saw the overthrow of Yanukovych, the Russian seizure of Crimea, and the beginning of the war in Eastern Ukraine. While this was a big deal to foreign policy hawks, it did not capture the liberal imagination in the same way that the gay propaganda law did. Russiagate required years of demonization in order to take off, and beginning in 2016 Putin became not only a homophobe and anti-feminist, but the man who may ultimately end American democracy.

There is also a turning point given how the Russian Cossacks dealt with the sacrilegious "pussy riot band" of feminists:
Pussy Riot is a Russian feminist protest punk rock and performance art group based in Moscow. Founded in August 2011, it has had a variable membership of approximately 11 women [1] ranging in age from about 20 to 33 (as of 2012).[2] The group staged unauthorized provocative guerrilla performances in public places, performances that were filmed as music videos and posted on the Internet.[3] The group's lyrical themes included feminism, LGBT rights, opposition to Russian President Vladimir Putin and his policies,[2] and Putin's links to the leadership of the Russian Orthodox Church.[4]

One may ask why Pussy Riot and the Russian gay propaganda law made such a big impression in the United States when other countries like Saudi Arabia have much worse records on human rights. There are some 71 countries right now that ban homosexual relations. Russia didn’t even do that, and there is apparently a gay scene in Moscow that looks a lot like it does anywhere else in Europe.

Russian opposition to LGBT triggers American elites more than anti-gay laws and practices elsewhere because Russia is a white nation that justifies its policies based on an appeal to Christian values. Unlike a country like Hungary, it actually matters for international politics.

You can read more about this. In this substack I quoted:

Why did the US administration even under Trump pushed for decriminalization of homosexuality in Botswana?

Seems to me that the American Empire deserves its name as the "Gay American Empire". And its flag is the LGBT rainbow flag.

uncledick

Woodpecker
Catholic
Motives for the Ukraine conflict:

There is also a turning point given how the Russian Cossacks dealt with the sacrilegious "pussy riot band" of feminists:

You can read more about this. In this substack I quoted:

Why did the US administration even under Trump pushed for decriminalization of homosexuality in Botswana?

Seems to me that the American Empire deserves its name as the "Gay American Empire". And its flag is the LGBT rainbow flag.

Can't wait for the American "Why we fight" documentary films for WW3. Trannie narrator, gays making out under the flag, wyman mansplaining why the Russians and Chinese are evil, teenage girls getting pumped with hormones to fight on the front, joggers pretending to fly planes. Truly magnificent, the Oscars will sure to be calling its producers..

Please God, save us

Last edited:

La Águila Negra

Ostrich
Other Christian
NATO giving Russia a written response to their demands:

Just watched NATO’s secretary general Stoltenberg commenting on the paper… he’s ”umming” and ”aaahing” more than saying actual words.

I think he was very clear. The Russian proposal on a future Security Treaty was rejected front, back and center. Putin was sent home like a beggar, hat still in his hand. Long story short: NATO will not rule out Ukrainian admission to NATO, NATO will not scale back it's presence near Russian borders and NATO will not stop the transfer of arms to Ukraine.

Stoltenberg also demanded that Russia withdraw it troops from Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia. Sherman said that the Russians will use force somewhere between now and mid February - and that the US will have to move troops to Eastern Europe before this escalation happens. Blinken stated - literally not even 2 hours after rejecting all of Russia's concerns - that the US remains open for dialogue.

These guys are just trolling now.

Russia, desperately shying away from the military option, is now floating three possible 'countermeasures'

1. Recognition of the LPR/DPR as independent states
2. Starting official heavy arms transfers to the LPR/DPR
3. Increasing cooperation with Venezuela, Nicaragua and Cuba including in the military-technical field.

None of these will remotely worry the DC apparatchiks.

The good thing that happened yesterday is that there are some sort of parallel diplomacy happening wherein France, Ukraine, Russia and Germany have talks within the Normandy Format. Apparantly these talks were mildly positive and ended with an unconditional ceasefire on the contact line but a different interpretation on that ceasefire remains. No idea what that means?

In two weeks they will meet again, this time in Berlin. Quite symbolic.

Germany allegedly also certified the NS2 pipeline. This is strange because it was postponed until June. I couldn't find confirmation elsewhere, so take it with a grain of salt.

If true though we can conclude that Germany is in open rebellion against the US.