Unmarried envious of married women

Geremia

Sparrow
I've noticed that whenever I speak with women besides my wife, I almost instinctually mention my wife, and it's a real conversation stopper (at least among the unmarried ones). Why don't women take interest in her? Are they simply envious of her?

RoadKill

Sparrow
It depends on the context. It's not that they are envious, but that women are jealous and if your wife knew you were talking to other women, she'd go nuts. The woman you're talking to also has to worry about workplace gossip or gossip between friends. For really messed up women, the married man is more desirable. Someone obviously thought you were marriage material before, so maybe she should see why.

RK

PixelFree

Kingfisher
I've noticed that whenever I speak with women besides my wife, I almost instinctually mention my wife, and it's a real conversation stopper (at least among the unmarried ones). Why don't women take interest in her? Are they simply envious of her?
How do you feel when you start talking with a new, interesting woman your age or younger and she mentions her husband?

Geremia

Sparrow
How do you feel when you start talking with a new, interesting woman your age or younger and she mentions her husband?
Never happened. I'm usually the first to ask about her husband in those situations.
(Besides, the comparison doesn't hold because men ⪈ women.)

Geremia

Sparrow
For really messed up women, the married man is more desirable.
Yes, because he's been vetted.
But why do you say "For really messed up women"? It seems most women are this way (or are most women "really messed up"?), because of the current adultery culture.

RoadKill

Sparrow
Yes, because he's been vetted.
But why do you say "For really messed up women"? It seems most women are this way (or are most women "really messed up"?), because of the current adultery culture.
You answered your own question. Anyone who purposely sets out in pursuing a happily married man or woman; especially with kids, and advances on him or her, is messed up and I hope they rot in hell. I have known many couples with good looking wives and I can't even bring myself to have an impure thought about them because they are friends or church members and I have respect for them.

How many sane women do you know?

RK

I often mention my wife and kids if I am in a genuine conversation with a woman (I am trying to avoid it but sometimes women are simply social and want to make the conversation ; it has nothing to do with my average looks ).

First ; it is always a relief. It means that ; whatever might happen after in my brain ; should I fancy the woman in secret or find her attractive ; I have kind of sabotaged myself by mentioning that I am out of the dating market.

I think it has to do with age. If a woman is around 30 she will feel a bit envious or sad so she might simply start to have a few upsetting comments. I think this is not linked to the man ( unless you look great) it's mostly linked to the woman comparing herself to others and feeling that her biological clock might tick.

As soon as the women back in America learned I was eventually planning to move to the Philippines to be with my lady there, I got vastly more attention from them. And this happened from women of all grades of moral quality. I think it is simply built into women, especially single women, to be at some level interested in men who have already been vetted and embraced by other women. And as we know, women are very competitive with each other.

These women never sexually propositioned me, but they would seek me out and engage in long conversations, telling me how lucky she was to have me. And they would say it was too bad they did not get to me first! Lol I knew of this female behavior, though I had never experienced it so strongly firsthand. These were middle aged women on the hunt. I had known some of them for years.

As soon as the women back in America learned I was eventually planning to move to the Philippines to be with my lady there, I got vastly more attention from them. And this happened from women of all grades of moral quality. I think it is simply built into women, especially single women, to be at some level interested in men who have already been vetted and embraced by other women. And as we know, women are very competitive with each other.

These women never sexually propositioned me, but they would seek me out and engage in long conversations, telling me how lucky she was to have me. And they would say it was too bad they did not get to me first! Lol I knew of this female behavior, though I had never experienced it so strongly firsthand. These were middle aged women on the hunt. I had known some of them for years.
I was invisble before marriage and am invisible after marriage. There probably is something about a man who is "taken" but I have not experienced it.