Unusual but good music thread

The Japanese have a way of being eccentric and classical at the same time. I like this man's performance. What's it what he's doing with his hands and the laser beams?
He triggers the choir and music by using the laser beam like an electric harp. Each laser triggers a different aspect of music.

stugatz

Pelican
See, in my adolescent stage I intentionally seeked out music that was unusual but NOT pleasing to the ears, like this.

I'll think of something that fits this thread better.

stugatz

Pelican
OK, this one fits. Friend turned me onto this band a few years ago, said they had an odd vibe that sounded like Pink Floyd meets Bruce Springsteen - and this track in particular has a strange ending. It's this droning coda that goes on and on for three minutes, has some hypnotic shoegaze overtones. I don't know what they were going for, but it works.

stugatz

Pelican
If I were introducing someone to strange music, I'd probably start with Pink Floyd and move onto these guys next. This track is pleasantly hypnotic and (at least for me) it's hard to notice that it goes on for nearly 20 minutes.

Dark Side of the Moon seems to deal with insanity as it's main theme. This is a much more intense version of the same thing, and makes that album look tame, I would say.

One more. I don't know what to make of this one, my mom got excited whenever it came on the radio though.

I only ever heard that track after first discovering the fantastic Jean Michel Jarre "Oxygène" album years before. I could never understand why my gf at the time called it "Popcorn Music".

OK, this one fits. Friend turned me onto this band a few years ago, said they had an odd vibe that sounded like Pink Floyd meets Bruce Springsteen - and this track in particular has a strange ending. It's this droning coda that goes on and on for three minutes, has some hypnotic shoegaze overtones. I don't know what they were going for, but it works.

I never heard that longer version, I only ever heard the radio cut, but it's a great track. Can't decide which I like more, Under the Pressure or Red Eyes: