Vaccination in the sports world

Grow Bag

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
In the replies someone writes, "Hmmm. If it’s "your body, your choice”, then people have to also accept its “their country, their choice”. Djokovic would set a better example if he boycotted the Oz open rather than insist he is above their laws."
I agree with that reply, especially what he wrote about boycotting Australia. If Djokovic is concerned about his freedoms, then he ought to be real concerned about the totalitarian measures imposed by the Australian government. A high profile tennis player like Djokovic boycotting Australia would've been much more impressive and impactful.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Seems like after being held at the airport he had been moved to a prison-type quarantine hotel, where he's to remain until Monday when court hearing is to be held.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

FIXmbpSVUAAoF-k

Last edited:

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
In the replies someone writes, "Hmmm. If it’s "your body, your choice”, then people have to also accept its “their country, their choice”. Djokovic would set a better example if he boycotted the Oz open rather than insist he is above their laws."
I agree with that reply, especially what he wrote about boycotting Australia. If Djokovic is concerned about his freedoms, then he ought to be real concerned about the totalitarian measures imposed by the Australian government. A high profile tennis player like Djokovic boycotting Australia would've been much more impressive and impactful.
A high profile court battle would bring some of the dissonance into further relief. A good lawyer would deconstruct the rationale behind requiring people entering be vaxxed. Since we already know vaxxed can infect others ( vaxxed or not) theres literally no reason for this requirement other than “ well its the law and rules are rules”. Id besurprised if they let this go to court

Mountaineer

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Novak should call for a press conference yesterday and publicly call the PM to an arm wrestling match and state that if he loses he will leave Aus and never come back. With this simple call the PM would lose the moral battle no matter what he did and even more if he rejected Novak entry and didn't raise to the challenge. Novak has the moral upper hand here and being a world champion he could enter and win this moral battle, which today seems like the only important win there is.

Last edited:

Igoradorev

Banned
Catholic
Good one! (I like Boris Johnson & Johnson also) I don`t think it will be possible for Novak to play on the ATP tour unless he folds and get`s the shots. Every match and tournament he wins and every record he breaks will be a poke in the eye for the vaccine elites. He`s become a symbol of the unvaccinated, whether he likes it or not.

He's pretty much a veteran, millions in the bank, can't imagine he gives a poo-poo.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
What`s the source of the latest news story? ↑ No one else are reporting that he`s been officially asked to leave.
Story changes frequently so no one really knows due to Australia's control of (media's) information flow & tyrannical COVID policies . Right now, it seems Djokovic's lawyers took the issue to Australia's court.

Tennis: Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic detained in Melbourne asylum hotel, awaiting anti-vaxdeportation​

Novak Djokovic faces at least 72 hours holed up in a Melbourne hotel for immigration detainees, after he was denied entry into Australia, amid a political firestorm over his medical exemption from COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
COURT BATTLE

At a hearing in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia, lawyers for Djokovic and the Government agreed the player could remain in the country until at least Monday.

Djokovic's fate is tied to a political fight in Australia, characterised by fingerpointing between Morrison's conservative administration and the left-leaning Victoria State Government.

The squabbles rumbled on, as Australia's daily COVID-19 infections hit a record high for the fourth consecutive day, overwhelming hospitals and causing labour shortages.

Under Australia's federal system, states and territories can issue exemptions from vaccination requirements to enter their jurisdictions, but the Federal Government controls international borders and can challenge such exemptions.

For reasons that are not known, Djokovic received his exemption from the Victorian Government, which supported his Federal Government-issued visa, but on his arrival, Federal Border Force officials at the airport said he was unable to justify the grounds for his exemption.

The Australian task force that sets the exemption parameters lists the risk of serious cardiac illness from inoculation and a COVID-19 infection in the past six months as qualifiers, but Morrison says Tennis Australia was advised weeks ago that a recent infection did not meet the criteria for exemption.

Tennis Australia and Victoria Government officials say Djokovic received no preferential treatment.

With the Open to start on January 17, lawyer Nick Wood told Judge Anthony Kelly that Tennis Australia had advised it needed to know about his participation in the tournament by Tuesday.

Kelly, who had asked when Djokovic was scheduled to play his first match, responded: "If I can say with the respect necessary, the tail won't be wagging the dog here."

Now, the Serbian star is taking his issue up with the courts. A federal judge in Australia adjourned his case until Monday, and a lawyer for the government agreed the 34-year-old tennis player should not be deported before the next hearing.

It’s possible Djokovic remains in immigration detention for several days, possibly through the weekend as he fights his case to play in the tournament.
Djokovic was transferred Thursday morning to a secure hotel controlled by immigration officials that also houses asylum seekers and refugees.

Peacock
Gold Member

That's debatable, his current ordeal taking the system head on without falling to the jab is going to generate more focus and attention on the insanity in Oz than if he'd just stayed home.

NowhereFast

Pigeon
Other Christian

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Is this not probably overall a good thing that there is now a high profile athlete refusing the vaccine publicly? I know he is mostly hated but it still normalizes this stance a bit more.

I think it's a good thing. Novak and Aaron Rodgers, two of the best in their respective sports, are bringing publicity to this with their conscientious stand against the madness. Two all-time greats doing this can't be considered a bad thing as of now. Who knows what it will turn into but I respect these guys and some of the others who have spoken out or had careers ruined, shortened or threatened.

Tippy

Woodpecker
Other Christian
He's pretty much a veteran, millions in the bank, can't imagine he gives a poo-poo.

I think he cares. He is currently tied with Nadal and Federer on 20 grand slams. Winning and becoming the greatest player of all time (in terms of slam wins) would be huge.

Also, if he was just some millionaire who didn't care at all I doubt he would have gone to all the effort of flying there (clearly with an at least questionable exemption) and would have just cancelled it.

Nomadiccat

Robin
Oriental Orthodox
Djokovic grew up in war-torn Belgrade...he remembers NATO bombings of 1999. He can't budge to vaxers in Australia now, that'd be like 2nd defeat all over again. Serbian government expressed concern over "harassment" of Djokovic.

You see all these clowns, like Macron, Trudeau, little Australian dictators directly threatening the unvaxed on no uncertain terms lately - their problem is that they're cowards.
They never stared death in the face, they never been in military operations, a revolution, they don't even understand what it's like being willing to stand for something you believe in all the way to the end and do anything.
They have no idea about all that and they assume that everyone else is just like them, cowardly and will submit to their cheap threats.
They should pickup a recent history book... and learn what people can do for things they believe in. But this can not be truly learned from books.
They are full of weakness. That fear of fake 'virus' in their minions is weakness and cowardice too and cowards never win on a long run.
They are like those French kings of old times, soft and pampered, not realizing what hungry people they oppress can do.
I suspect they have no clue what kind of bear they're poking right now.