Vaccination in the sports world

Redcrosse

Woodpecker
The problem is he's a borderline NBA player, not a star at all. Many NBA fans will simply rationalize and view this as some weird attempt to get attention and money. But he was definitely a star in college and at his high school. So at least it could wake up those that have been following his career since then.
Sadly you’re probably right. Yet the cognitive dissonance would have to be off the scale. Is it normal to just start getting blood clots? What more proof do people need? “Correlation doesn’t imply causation!” Well, actually it does imply causation when it keeps happening again and again, to one healthy person after another, right after getting the shot.

droughtmeat

Woodpecker
Sadly you’re probably right. Yet the cognitive dissonance would have to be off the scale. Is it normal to just start getting blood clots? What more proof do people need? “Correlation doesn’t imply causation!” Well, actually it does imply causation when it keeps happening again and again, to one healthy person after another, right after getting the shot.
They are in complete denial. I read posts on a basketball forum too and the majority of the posters regard the idea that governments are corrupt and dont have the people's best interests in mind as misinformation. All hope is lost with these normies.

Kiwi

Robin
If you watch the NBA, Kyrie was always someone who had to have the ball in his hands. He is an individual player. That's the thing.

He usually takes way too many shots (especially on a a great team) and way too many ridiculous drives to the basket. He favours the hail mary play way too often and doesn't play the percentages and because of that I never understood why Nets wanted him, especially when you can have the ball in Durant's hands. Even at Boston I said any team with Kyrie will never win, he's not really a team player and lives and dies by hero ball.

His stance on the vaccine is not out of the ordinary really, its' the same way he plays, all or nothing and backs himself completely. God Bless you Kyrie. Stand strong.

Enoch

Hummingbird
The problem is he's a borderline NBA player, not a star at all. Many NBA fans will simply rationalize and view this as some weird attempt to get attention and money. But he was definitely a star in college and at his high school. So at least it could wake up those that have been following his career since then.
100% incorrect. He is the 16th highest paid player in the NBA at 35 mil annually and a perennial all star.

BasedBaker

Sparrow
100% incorrect. He is the 16th highest paid player in the NBA at 35 mil annually and a perennial all star.
My buddy who is an NBA superfan had no idea who Brandon Goodwin was. I would even disagree with the guy who called him a star in college. He played at an obscure school in Florida. Not down playing what happened or anything, but this isn't going to register with your mainstream normie who watches SportsCenter everyday.

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Wiggins caved, but aside from Irving it appears Bradley Beal who is a star and Jonathan Isaac who is a B-ish level player are sticking by their guns.
Irving is a wild BLM supporter and a Mohammedan, so don't go fuller boomer retard and support him to the heavens, but it's good to use him strategically.

Beal conveniently got a knee injury last night so now they are saying there's no guarantee he'll be playing in the upcoming Wednesday opener.

My guess is that the team and every supporter of the fascist regime will pressure him to get the injection before the opener.

droughtmeat

Woodpecker
My buddy who is an NBA superfan had no idea who Brandon Goodwin was. I would even disagree with the guy who called him a star in college. He played at an obscure school in Florida. Not down playing what happened or anything, but this isn't going to register with your mainstream normie who watches SportsCenter everyday.
He was the player of the year in his conference. So he was definitely a star at his school. So some normies who attended those games regularly probably ended up following his career and will wonder what happened to him. A handful of them might wake up as a result.

But as you said no NBA fans know him. He is completely irrelevant there. It's like the vaxxed janitor of an NBA arena having adverse effects and trying to sue the team.

Laus Deo

Robin
Orthodox
The likelihood of nine-time Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic missing January’s tournament in Melbourne has increased after the world No.1 again refused to reveal whether he’s been vaccinated.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews’ view was clear on Tuesday.
“I don’t think an unvaccinated tennis player is going to get a visa to come into this country, and if they did get a visa, they would probably have to quarantine for a few weeks,” he said.
“I don’t think that’s going to be a relevant issue.”
He said he did not think any unvaccinated professional athlete, whether they be a tennis player, golfer or Formula One driver, would get a visa to get to Australia.
“The virus does not care what your tennis ranking is or how many grand slams you’ve won.”

“Things being as they are, I still don’t know if I will go to Melbourne,” Djokovic told the online edition of Serbian daily Blic.
“I will not reveal my status whether I have been vaccinated or not, it is a private matter and an inappropriate inquiry.
“People go too far these days in taking the liberty to ask questions and judge a person. Whatever you say ‘yes, no, maybe, I am thinking about it’, they will take advantage.”
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis...tralian-open-involvement-20211019-p59167.html
Classy response from Djokovic. I hope he doesn’t go, likewise Tsitsipas. 2 out of the top 3 boycotting would be hilariously embarrassing.

Unsurprisingly, none of the media articles on this stated any of the below facts:
1. Djokovic and dozens of players have already had corona with zero aerobic and athletic impact (in fact, all 4 Grand Slams this year were won by “covid survivors”).
2. Unlike in most of Europe, antibody testing is illegal in Australia so Djokovic and others aren’t even allowed the chance to prove natural immunity.
3. One current top 50 pro (Chardy) will miss the last 5 months of the season, if not more, because of jab side-effects.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member

Laus Deo

Robin
Orthodox
An update:
Tennis superstar and nine-time Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic must be double vaccinated if he wants a shot at a 10th title in 2022, with Immigration Minister Alex Hawke confirming on Wednesday morning that there will not be a special exemption for tennis players.

More than a third of players on the men’s and women’s tours had not been fully vaccinated by the start of last week, according to figures provided by the Association of Tennis Professionals (35 per cent) and the Women’s Tennis Association (40 per cent).

All of them faced being banned from the Australian Open, which starts on January 17.

The men’s and women’s tours have refused to force players to get jabbed, but have recommended that they do so.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis...onfirms-federal-minister-20211020-p591h9.html

At least 35-40% unjabbed in the tennis world. Amazing what happens when you play an individualist sport and not in a team with all its peer-pressure.

The moronic Australian Govt has also probably left it too late to mandate it too, because players would need their first doses no later than mid-late November which is in the middle of major season-ending tournaments. I can see a situation where they will end up postponing because of the big hit to revenue from the stars sitting out.

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
An update:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis...onfirms-federal-minister-20211020-p591h9.html

At least 35-40% unjabbed in the tennis world. Amazing what happens when you play an individualist sport and not in a team with all its peer-pressure.

The moronic Australian Govt has also probably left it too late to mandate it too, because players would need their first doses no later than mid-late November which is in the middle of major season-ending tournaments. I can see a situation where they will end up postponing because of the big hit to revenue from the stars sitting out.

You see what Murray says in that article? He's such a globalist commie punk. He's pushing the whole special privileges angle. What an elitist dirtbag.

droughtmeat

Woodpecker
An update:

I think tennis players are just marketed in a completely different way too. Kyrie Irving not getting the vaccine is a much bigger topic than Djokovic. While Irving is a hall of famer, Djokovic is a historically great player, but still gets much less media exposure and attention. And can essentially stay out of the limelight, if he chooses to.

I agree with the peer pressure factor from teammates and the franchise's organisation as a whole, but, amazingly, in those individualist sports guys can actually disappear for extended periods of time and no one will notice, like when Khabib goes back home to work out for 3 months or even guys like Tyson Fury will get zero media exposure between fights. It's a huge advantage in terms of privacy.