Vaccination in the sports world

droughtmeat

Kingfisher
Catholic
It definitely makes sense, but still too speculative to me, unless we're assuming that someone paid her a healthy sum to not mention her health issues related to the vax or she received death threats. Not unthinkable at this point, to be honest.
But I think it would be truly difficult for a player who is passionate about the game to simply step away from their sport before even reaching their prime, if they felt as though it was being taken away from them, for example due to sports related injuries or the vaxx.

RedLagoon

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
WHAT?!?!?!

Are you serious? The number 1 female player in the world retiring just because?

This is ridiculous. She has nothing left to give at age 25? Are you kidding me? This just doesn't happen. More craziness and lies from the sports world.

They're trying to lower the expected retirement age for Profesional athletes by 10-15 years. She's being used for propaganda and she probably had no say in it.

Men peak mid 30s like Nadal and Federer. But now they want you to believe you drop dead being "top athlete" at 25 - 35.

Soon being 50 is considered elderly.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
600x200

Unable to confirm if he took the vaxx shot.

Sonny Colbrelli suffered an unstable cardiac arrhythmia at Volta a Catalunya​

Doctors have confirmed that Sonny Colbrelli suffered an unstable cardiac arrhythmia that required defibrillators for immediate treatment following his collapse at the finish line of stage 1 at the Volta a Catalunya Monday.

Bahrain Victorious confirmed in a medical update that doctors have not yet determined the cause of Colbrelli's arrhythmia and that he will undergo additional tests on Wednesday at the Hospital Universitari de Girona.

"Following the end of stage 1 of Volta a Catalunya, our medical team can confirm that Sonny Colbrelli suffered an unstable cardiac arrhythmia that required defibrillation," the team stated in a recent medical update.

"The cause is still to be determined, and the Italian rider will undergo further tests tomorrow at the Hospital Universitari de Girona."

Colbrelli finished second place on the uphill sprint stage 1 in Sant Feliu de Guíxols but collapsed just 100 metres after the finish line and required urgent medical attention. He was treated on-site before being taken to hospital in an ambulance 45 minutes after the finish of the stage.

The team confirmed that Colbrelli was in stable condition when he was transported by ambulance to the Hospital Universitari de Girona for additional treatment and thanked medical staff on-site for their help.

"The team would like to thank Borja Saenz de Cos – Emergency Nurse at Sistema d'Emergencies Mediques (Catalan Emergency Service) – for his prompt assistance at the finish yesterday and for supporting our medical staff in the management of the incident," the team said.

Colbrelli is currently recovering in hospital, and the team have stated that he is showing no sign of compromised heart function. Although the first round of tests have returned positive news, doctors aim to determine the cause of his cardiac arrhythmia in a series of follow-up tests on Wednesday.

"Sonny Colbrelli's clinical situation is good, and we wish him a prompt recovery."

With Colbrelli and Jack Haig out of the race, Bahrain Victorious remain at the Volta a Catalunya with Wout Poels, Dylan Teuns, Phil Bauhaus, Santiago Buitrago and Hermann Pernsteiner.

Cyclingnews spoke with Poels at the start of stage 2 in L'Escala, who wished his teammate Colbrelli a full recovery.

"It was a weird day yesterday, especially after the finish of the course," Poels said. "Let's hope everything goes well in the recovery for [Sonny Colbrelli]. The team has said in the press release everything we know."

Vasily Martian

Sparrow
Orthodox
It definitely makes sense, but still too speculative to me, unless we're assuming that someone paid her a healthy sum to not mention her health issues related to the vax or she received death threats. Not unthinkable at this point, to be honest.
But I think it would be truly difficult for a player who is passionate about the game to simply step away from their sport before even reaching their prime, if they felt as though it was being taken away from them, for example due to sports related injuries or the vaxx.
Interesting idea; I would never have thought of it, but just simply rejoiced a little in the fact that there was enough sanity left in the world for someone to want to walk away from fame and fortune, in favour of being a mother (which is the only reason I've heard for Barty giving it away). In that regard - i.e. wanting to be a mother - it could be quite telling that Barty's decision has been reported on very positively by a media that usually craps all over the family life and child rearing. Perhaps that supports your idea that there's more to Barty's decision than meets the eye; otherwise, feminazis and Greta Thunberg might have had more to say on the matter.

Laus Deo

Woodpecker
Orthodox
WHAT?!?!?!

Are you serious? The number 1 female player in the world retiring just because?

This is ridiculous. She has nothing left to give at age 25? Are you kidding me? This just doesn't happen. More craziness and lies from the sports world.
I was in a white/God pilled mood when I heard the news and surmised that she wanted to start a family in the prime of her fertile years and above all had concluded that sportsball isn't everything there is to life, a view she has also expressed in the past. Don't forget she also semi-retired from tennis a few years ago.

My mind didn't automatically go to clotshot this time especially given she had it in October last year. Maybe I'm being naive. Time will tell.

Just an aside on Barty, although women's tennis (and women's sport in general) is utter garbage, I found her to be one of the more feminine athletes around: no rude and boorish behaviour like Williams, no narcissism like Osaka, used guile and clever shots rather than muscular power to win matches. And despite the leftist MSM in Australia granting her plenty of opportunities to give an opinion on divisive wedge issues in Australian society - Margaret Court's views, race issues (herself being Aboriginal) - she remained as neutral and unpolarising as possible with humility.

Retiring young to start a family and prioritise her husband and family over the fleeting adoration of fickle strangers in the crowd is consistent with that idea of femininity. If only every female athlete decided to retire at 25...

GuitarVH

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I was in a white/God pilled mood when I heard the news and surmised that she wanted to start a family in the prime of her fertile years and above all had concluded that sportsball isn't everything there is to life, a view she has also expressed in the past. Don't forget she also semi-retired from tennis a few years ago.

My mind didn't automatically go to clotshot this time especially given she had it in October last year. Maybe I'm being naive. Time will tell.

Just an aside on Barty, although women's tennis (and women's sport in general) is utter garbage, I found her to be one of the more feminine athletes around: no rude and boorish behaviour like Williams, no narcissism like Osaka, used guile and clever shots rather than muscular power to win matches. And despite the leftist MSM in Australia granting her plenty of opportunities to give an opinion on divisive wedge issues in Australian society - Margaret Court's views, race issues (herself being Aboriginal) - she remained as neutral and unpolarising as possible with humility.

Retiring young to start a family and prioritise her husband and family over the fleeting adoration of fickle strangers in the crowd is consistent with that idea of femininity. If only every female athlete decided to retire at 25...

If she's retiring to start a family, of course that would be great.

Bobby the Barker

Chicken
Other Christian
Professional wrestler Triple H announced his retirement today, following a "cardiac event" last year. Here's a writeup and video on ESPN, as well as a link to his twitter where he showed a video from his vaccination.

He's in his early 50s, had been semi-retired but still wrestled occasionally, most recently in January 2021. Guy was known for being one of the few "sober" wrestlers in that he didn't drink or do drugs, unlike many of his other fellow wrestlers who died young. Now, certainly he might've done steroids in life, so who knows if that might have contributed to his heart condition. It wouldn't be unheard of, but what interested me was the fact that his heart condition started following a bout of what they're calling "viral pneumonia."

Last edited:

Bismark_Geist1571

Woodpecker
Catholic
In case no one has posted about the Paris-Nice competition, I found this in the Spanish media:

In a nutshell, the article states there was a highly unusual number of dropouts or people who abandoned the competition even before making it to the start line. The digital newspaper "La Marca" highlighted the possible cause as a "virus", a non-corona virus" to be more specific, that unleashed havoc amongst the athletes (one might surmise most of them jabbed). Of course, none of it was covid, per the article sources.

Another reference to this event can be found here:

Basically, out of 154 competitors, only 95 made it to the finish line, mostly due to weather conditions, but 30% was sick with cold-like symptoms...nothing to do with covid of course, and no mention fo the sacred jab. Draw your own conclusions...

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian