Video games

Easy_C

Crow
Look closely at that screen shot of Debra's character from fallen order.

Notice anything?

It's an upside down purple triangle necklace, which is not coincidentally a symbol of the gay movement.....which in turn is not coincidentally a semitic/masonic symbol

Terminator game looks fun. Also - about strong woman bosses - if they are hot and have a plump ass and you can bang them in the game, then it's not exactly woke - heh.

It's the game that delivers what the Terminator III movie should have been about.

Kurgan

Kingfisher
^^ I got Terminator: Resistance on Steam just now. The game-play reminds me a lot of the Terminator games from the 90's like Future Shock and Skynet. I will try to get into it this weekend.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
Man, one of the best renditions of the original theme ever. Synthwavey and guitared.

They had small-ish budget, but it looks they made it work.
Yes, you get to actually play what we all envisioned the final assault, i probably shouldn't have spoiled myself, because my expectations for anything good coming out of this IP were on the floor.

Then, so good, I almost lost my mind:

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
So Terminator Resistance was made by a small Polish no name studio, that made only one terrible game before this and pulled a Forest Gump like move by getting the rights and doing what many years and all the money in the world couldn't. (Arguably money was what got in the way)

In a game. Perhaps its the ideal place for it now.

You thought that was good? Well watch this now:

Tech Com 2029:

Fan-made, who'd believe it?

Still having a great time with Fallen Order, but there should really be more bosses. The boss fights are great but I've only come across 2 so far and I've played a good amount of time.

Hehe - Call of Duty being realistic - so realistic is radically feminist, that makes Russians out of some kind of ISIS-psychos while making the ISIS-proxies into secular feminist anarcho-terrorists, because Muslims are all about modern progressive secular values and Muslims are also happy with letting a woman lead their teams. Oh - and nice touch of painting the White Helmets as the uber-good guys.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Yeah, I caught a few streamed scenes from that pile of propaganda garbage. The Russians are apparently psychopaths who just roll into urban areas and start massacring innocent muslim civilians by the hundred.

:laugh:

The youtuber basically boils it down to "white-heterosexual-man-bad therefore Russia bad" but doesn't connect it to any real world propaganda aims and concludes it's simply a hack marketing ploy with no roots deeper than markets and avoiding controversy.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
If they had half the missions where you play as a Russian shooting up muzzies I’d buy and probably pay full price instead of waiting 6 months and getting the game for ten bucks

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Easy_C said:
CoD has always been that way though. It's always jingoistic "current neocon scapegoat bad" type messaging in the game.

There's a difference between "mean invading force" and "literally de-assing a truck by the dozen to mow down nothing but obvious civilians".

The latter is flat-out propaganda.

You can jump straight to 3:10 if you like.

I knew Sekiru was not Dark Souls, but it's not Dark Souls at all and I can't get into it and quit after the first "boss".

Subnautica on the other hand is a great game. Atmospheric, creative and a surprising storyline.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Leonard D Neubache said:
Easy_C said:
CoD has always been that way though. It's always jingoistic "current neocon scapegoat bad" type messaging in the game.

There's a difference between "mean invading force" and "literally de-assing a truck by the dozen to mow down nothing but obvious civilians".

The latter is flat-out propaganda.

You can jump straight to 3:10 if you like.

Have you ever played any of the Modern Warfare games? It's basically John Bolton's foreign policy in action. Ten years ago they had a level where you mow down a bunch of innocent civilians in a Russian airport. Russia discovers that one of the perpetrators is American so they start WW3.

In the new game even the good guys are morally bent. At one point you have the option to blow a terrorist's brains out with a giant Dirty Harry gun.

The creators just like to be absurd and to stoke controversy.

That being said, it's pretty shitty that they would blame the Highway of Death on the Russians. They should have just named it something else.