Video games

infowarrior1

Hummingbird
There is a Doom mod that turns Doom into a tactical shooter:

Would be interesting to see what happens if rainbow six difficulty is applied to fantasy and sci-fi genres for the "dark souls" like difficulty.

Kurgan

Kingfisher

Video Games are fun to play once in a while, but also remember to not let it be your whole life and get pissed off when you lose as seen in this video. These people need a hobby as shown in the video.

Glaucon

Ostrich
Gold Member
MichaelWitcoff said:
Just finished Control and stoked about the upcoming DLC. The Ashtray Maze level is one of the best gaming experiences I’ve had.
same. It was a wild trip for sure.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
Playing Nier Automata, its wonderful.... and more confirmation that Square is finally back to the company it was well over a decade ago. Hats off to the Japanese. It's the rare story that you couldn't tell if were in any medium besides gaming.

That soundtrack....blows a chef kiss.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
I played kingdom come last year for a bit, got about 100 hours in and got busy with real life. I tried picking up again last week and can’t remember the combat controls or what’s going on in the plot

I guess I’ll start a new game and maybe jump back to the original game save

rotekz

Ostrich
Gold Member
You can go to the trainer in Rattay and spar for a bit to re-learn the controls. Don't bother with special combos, they are impossible. Just learn the parry/counter moves. I started a new game a while back but got sidetracked with AC:Odyssey.

Easy_C

Crow
I found a “remaster” mod for Deus Ex while looking it up and have been messing around with that.

It’s an interesting game because it inspired heavily from “pre Internet” anti globalist ideas like those from the John Birch society, the black helicopter rumors, and some Coast to Coast AM stuff. It also misses some aspects that people didn’t know about in that era.

A lot of this sounds old now but keep in mind this game was made in 1998-2000. At the time it was a unique, blackpilled take on the future in a setting that seemed scarily plausible.

The setting can be found online in more detail, but TLDR is that it’s set in 2052 after the USA has experienced major terrorist attacks (that turn out to be false flag events), secessionist movements, economic collapse (in game you notice most people on the street are titled “bum”); and New York City is under martial law due to a plague that has no cure (with “flu like” early symptoms). It also had elements of technology like advanced AI surveillance of all communications, gun-shot sensors, combat drone security, and nanotech augmentation (which is actually going on now as an “invisible arms war”).

It also upended typical video game logic at the time because well...I should say no more.

If you have played it there’s now two “remaster” mods available. The better one is “GDXP”(I think) that modernizes core mechanics and technology.

Easy_C

Crow
I found a “remaster” mod for Deus Ex while looking it up and have been messing around with that.

It’s an interesting game because it inspired heavily from “pre Internet” anti globalist ideas like those from the John Birch society, the black helicopter rumors, and some Coast to Coast AM stuff. It also misses some aspects that people didn’t know about in that era.

A lot of this sounds old now but keep in mind this game was made in 1998-2000. At the time it was a unique, blackpilled take on the future in a setting that seemed scarily plausible.

The setting can be found online in more detail, but TLDR is that it’s set in 2052 after the USA has experienced major terrorist attacks (that turn out to be false flag events), secessionist movements, economic collapse (in game you notice most people on the street are titled “bum”); and New York City is under martial law due to a plague that has no cure (with “flu like” early symptoms). It also had elements of technology like advanced AI surveillance of all communications, gun-shot sensors, combat drone security, and nanotech augmentation (which is actually going on now as an “invisible arms war”).

It also upended typical video game logic at the time because well...I should say no more.

If you have played it there’s now two “remaster” mods available. The better one is “GDXP”(I think) that modernizes core mechanics and technology.

Easy_C said:

Did you download it from a client like Steam? I would also like to revisit this series to do in-depth analysis for the pre-internet anti-globalist clues. Some people told me that the game was made by freemasons instead of being an expose to their Hegelian Dialectic, I want to experience it myself and judge accordingly.

Enigma

Hummingbird
Gold Member
MusicForThePiano said:
Did you download it from a client like Steam? I would also like to revisit this series to do in-depth analysis for the pre-internet anti-globalist clues. Some people told me that the game was made by freemasons instead of being an expose to their Hegelian Dialectic, I want to experience it myself and judge accordingly.
Older games like that tend to run better with GOG (Good Old Games), since they update them to be compatible with modern operating systems like Windows 10. It's similar to Steam, but they specialize more in old and indie titles and is run by CD Projekt, the group behind The Witcher games.

Another advantage to GOG is that their games are all DRM-free, so you actually own the game file.

And Deus Ex just happens to be on sale there now for 97 cents: https://www.gog.com/game/deus_ex

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
rotekz said:
You can go to the trainer in Rattay and spar for a bit to re-learn the controls. Don't bother with special combos, they are impossible. Just learn the parry/counter moves. I started a new game a while back but got sidetracked with AC:Odyssey.
Not a bad game to get sidetracked with. I am mandatory locked down during the evenings an weeks here so I decided to get into a involving game... my list was Red Dead Redemption 2, The Witcher 3, and Assassins Creed Origins. I have played all 3 beofre but never beat any of them for various reasons. I went with AC Origins, that game hooked me like a game hadn't hooked me in years when it came out. But my "Scorpio Edition Xbox One X" was messed up when it released and deleted my game. So last week I downloaded the season pass and dove back into it..... good game but I will go on a bit of a rant. I dont like that when you buy deluxe versions and preorder version of games they give you some crazy strong bonus gear to start the game with.... it seems fine in theory but the first time I played I did not find my first legendary piece of gear until I was level 13, an when I found it I was pumped up and it meant something.... with all the bonus gear from the season pass I started the game with legendary bows, swords, and shields (2 of each) an in this game you can pay the black smith to level them up to you current level. Its pretty much all I have been using.... it really cheapened the legionaries for me in this play through

pitbullowner

Pelican
I've been mostly getting into League of Legends lately. The moba genre is just the type of video gaming I can play to pick up and put down with relative ease and not lose my life into like World of Warcraft like I did ages ago. I'm not great at it, which is fine. It's mostly a slight distraction at worst.