Video games

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
What could a japanese electronics company possibly do to address "racial inequity" ?

The Playstation division (its biggest moneymaker) recently had its center of operations moved to Commie California, that's why your seeing all this crap. The head of the division is now a bean counter and not a creative either.

Sony Japan shut its internal game studio as well.

Fenaroli

Robin
I'm divided on video games. I believe I wasted an incredible amount of my youth playing them and yet I do believe certain games I played like Ocarina of Time, Fallout 3 and several others were real Art.

I have a young son, and boys are incredibly susceptible to video game addiction but I believe that being homeschooled, he's not going to have to deal with the incredible social pressure of playing games.

Some commenters have mentioned the increasing "wokeness" of games and I believe this to be true. The story lines were generally better and more masculine a decade or three ago.

Also, all these video games have nothing to do with enriching the soul. Perhaps there could be gaming that helps clarify the Truth for young people, it's a viable medium. Rather than racking up empty points.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
I'm divided on video games. I believe I wasted an incredible amount of my youth playing them and yet I do believe certain games I played like Ocarina of Time, Fallout 3 and several others were real Art.

I have a young son, and boys are incredibly susceptible to video game addiction but I believe that being homeschooled, he's not going to have to deal with the incredible social pressure of playing games.

Some commenters have mentioned the increasing "wokeness" of games and I believe this to be true. The story lines were generally better and more masculine a decade or three ago.

Also, all these video games have nothing to do with enriching the soul. Perhaps there could be gaming that helps clarify the Truth for young people, it's a viable medium. Rather than racking up empty points.

Shadow of the Colossus has a minimalistic but potent story for young men, don't be a simp or it will consume and destroy you.

Mgs2 and Deus Ex as well.
FFVI-X.
Call of Duty 4 unironically had military quotes between death that have stuck with me.

I only played games for the story, so I was an oddity, and the Japanese always did it best. Microsoft always seemed more "normie" friendly and dumbed down.

Note these games are at least 15 years old.

LightofApollo

Sparrow
Woman
The Playstation division (its biggest moneymaker) recently had its center of operations moved to Commie California, that's why your seeing all this crap. The head of the division is now a bean counter and not a creative either.

Sony Japan shut its internal game studio as well.
Thank you for this info. I was considering going playstation with this generation. Not anymore.

LightofApollo

Sparrow
Woman
Shadow of the Colossus has a minimalistic but potent story for young men, don't be a simp or it will consume and destroy you.

Mgs2 and Deus Ex as well.
FFVI-X.
Call of Duty 4 unironically had military quotes between death that have stuck with me.

I only played games for the story, so I was an oddity, and the Japanese always did it best. Microsoft always seemed more "normie" friendly and dumbed down.

Note these games are at least 15 years old.
SofC is a masterpiece. It's a 3d platformer where you have to climb these impossibly huge beasts until you reach their weak points, then you bring each nightmare down, one at a time. I couldn't recommend that game more. The MGS and Deus Ex series are also fantastic.
My only point of departure is that I'd axe out FFVIII and IX. I found them boring and derivative. Have you ever played any of the Lufia series?

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
SofC is a masterpiece. It's a 3d platformer where you have to climb these impossibly huge beasts until you reach their weak points, then you bring each nightmare down, one at a time. I couldn't recommend that game more. The MGS and Deus Ex series are also fantastic.
My only point of departure is that I'd axe out FFVIII and IX. I found them boring and derivative. Have you ever played any of the Lufia series?
Ahhhh the elusive Lufia series. As a HUGE fan of the early Final Fantasy games on the NES and SNES I always wanted to play Lufia. However as a kid it wasn't easy to acquire games and it always eluded me. At some point in recent years I installed a emulator on my laptop and downloaded Lufia and set out to experience it but there was some glitch where it constantly made a beeping noise like I was scrolling in my menus or something so I gave up on that endeavor.

One day Lufia.... when the moon and stars align....one day
Lufia_Spain_2.png

MRAll134

Pelican
I have just been playing Far Cry 5 on the PS4. It is a bit o' fun. Lots of things to shoot, lots of missions.

And, I took at look at the PS5 and XBOX X Series on Ebay. Wow, gaming is no longer a child's hobby, at those prices.

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
I've heard of Lufia, but back in the day many of these games were hard to get (and we lacked the internet to even order them).

Syberpunk

Pelican
Gold Member
Thank you for this info. I was considering going playstation with this generation. Not anymore.

I wouldn't let that influence your decision, Japanese 3rd parties are still more likely to release on the Playstation brand in the future first, than Microsoft.

Hey look, if Sony USA isn't bringing in the bucks from "diverse" titles, HQ suits in Japan, will pull the plug on California asap.

Sony are utterly rely on Playstation at this point for survival (and building smartphone lenses for every phone manufacturer on the planet it seems)

Batman_

Kingfisher

It wholly depends on the game. Online games in general are very addicting, especially team-based ones like CoD. Also most games that use the free-to-play model are highly addicting to the younger crowds as well and they're mostly cancerous nonsense with microtransactions.

Stick with story driven, linear single player games that take maybe 8-20 hrs to fully beat. RPGs and open-world games like GTA or Skyrim can be very addictive because they have many design elements to hijack on your dopamine system and can be played indefinitely with no end in sight due to all the "grinding" mechanics.

Batman_

Kingfisher
Anyone try RE Village? It's something else. Took me a while to warm up to it but it's like nothing else I've ever played before.

5297F2F3C1F4ABF0C5F89F47608407735041FC1F

fireshark

Robin
Huntdown (Steam)

Pure 80s style red-blooded heterosexual 2D action. Killer soundtrack, great gunplay, nice animation, funny one-liners. Yeah, this game has it all. Played 2 player online coop with my brother. We had an absolute blast. Will be playing again tonight. Can't recommend it enough.

FOEsEWh.gif

It's not exactly PG-13, but there's a hilarious game on Steam called "Cuckold Simulator: Life As A Beta Male Cuck" that's exactly what it sounds like. In the opening sequence, your wife's black son hides all your Funko Pops for a TikTok prank and then the game objective is to go find all your toys.

Last edited:

GodfatherPartTwo

Woodpecker
I am a fan of Far Cry series, but I enjoyed more FC 4. Far Cry 5 seemed to me a smaller version of FC 4, with less side missions. And I always wondered if Joseph Seed is really a bad guy in this game.
He's a bad guy. A murderous cult leader. Still, I get what you're saying. It's obvious what those degenerates at Ubisoft were suggesting.

"Well we're not saying it's wrong to be Christian and right-wing but this is about the extremists."

Notice how they haven't made a game where you get stranded in an occupied San Francisco where legions of homosexual militants and BLM rioters go around killing everybody and its up to you to stop it.