Video games

I am not loving The Last of Us II. So far, I have had to play as a sexually confused girl, or some sort of man with a woman's voice and a ponytail. I also got a tour of a synagogue and an explanation of the purpose of the Torah. Later, I am sure I will get the "white man bad," or "Christians are evil," in the next chapter. And, there is very little action/conflict - mostly just watching cinematics.

View attachment 33238
Yeah it's awful. Playing as a trans-ish character or a lesbian - thanks for that, Naughty Dog. And they added the trans character at the last minute (to appease whatever SJW desiring elites they answer to, so it always feels off in the story. An assistant director of some sort quit over it. They literally butchered what might have been a solid game.

GodfatherPartTwo

Woodpecker
RE is about fighting the evil things though. You're not playing as the monsters, you're playing as the cops that are trying to put an end to evil faceless corporations playing fast and loose with genetically engineered monstrosities. You know, kind of like what they're doing with COVID jabs.
The virus itself too. Not just the jab.

Batman_

Kingfisher
Man I recently replayed the Dishonored games for the 10th time and they are still the GOAT. I am a sucker for games that put forth so much effort into world building, it's like an playing alternate history simulation....

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
Man I recently replayed the Dishonored games for the 10th time and they are still the GOAT. I am a sucker for games that put forth so much effort into world building, it's like an playing alternate history simulation....
thumb_get-out-of-my-head-charles-what-kind-of-helo-51937362.png

I just started playing Dishonored last week.... for the first time.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
I recently replayed new Vegas again. Spoilers

One of the vaults in the game was set up as a social experiment: the people are locked in the vault and told that they have to elect a new overseer each year who will serve a one year term as dictator and then be sacrificed/ killed and if the people do not go along with this they will all be killed.

They develop political gangs to try to manipulate the annual vote and it often gets bloody.

They go from a population of several thousand to 5, only 5 people are left and they say they are done sacrificing each other. Vault tec sends them a message that they have satisfied the criteria to unlock the vault entrance and they can all leave unharmed. But they should check with their overseer before leaving to see if it’s safe, because at vault tec, safety is their top priority!

Reminds me of our current real world situation of covid

PassingTime

Pigeon
Orthodox
Although I rarely play video games anymore there is one game that I find myself strangely drawn to replaying every year.

This game is Mad Max. A story of a broken man who has lost everything trying to survive and find peace in a world completely destroyed and overrun with incredibly evil characters.

It's a shame this game was released on the same day as a metal gear solid title, it would have been appreciated so much more by the public.

It has the same trappings of most open world games (mainly repetitive side content) but the setting has been done masterfully. It's also a bonus to be extremely well optimised (on PC) and runs flawless maxed out on my older card (GTX1070 @ 1440p)

GodfatherPartTwo

Woodpecker
Yakuza 0 featured a very Christ-like Protagonist in Kazuma Kiriyu.
Just beat Yakuza Kiwami 2. Awesome game but Kiryu saves his dumbest moments for last.

At the end of Kiwami 1, he abandons the dog in the middle of Tokyo. At the end of Kiwami 2, he does nothing about his impending death knowing full well he is leaving Haruka alone. Awesome game but that was ridiculous

02Hero

Sparrow
Though its fashionable to think they are not 'cool', Japan-style RPGs are some of the least pozzed games around. Usually revolve around being a hero/saving the world, the females are conservative, chaste and attractive; while the games have often overall interesting plots.

It is because their society is still quite masculine/feminine. Not perfect. The males do look feminine from their diet (high in fish, soy, low fat). But the men there do not take shit from women in general. Especially the alpha type of males. They are slaying poon hardcore. Of course there is also a subset of worker drone Japanese who are terrible with women.

From what I have noticed Japanese females are not different at all. They are the same as Western women. If you let them loose it won't be good for society. It is just that the men do not allow such behaviour.

Just beat Yakuza Kiwami 2. Awesome game but Kiryu saves his dumbest moments for last.

At the end of Kiwami 1, he abandons the dog in the middle of Tokyo. At the end of Kiwami 2, he does nothing about his impending death knowing full well he is leaving Haruka alone. Awesome game but that was ridiculous

A serious crime drama with silly moments in the interludes and side quests. They seem to pull it off very well.

Though its fashionable to think they are not 'cool', Japan-style RPGs are some of the least pozzed games around. Usually revolve around being a hero/saving the world, the females are conservative, chaste and attractive; while the games have often overall interesting plots.

So far they manage to portray the women as physically sexually attractive and actually feminine in their behavior.

Although Globohomo is concentrating on the West right now.

Valentine

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Currently playing Divinity: Original Sin 2, and the last few games we've played have been PlanetSide 2, Civilization 6 and Trine 2.

Divinity was excellent, highly recommend it co-op or solo. Best RPG I've played in years, both story and combat-wise.

We got into League of Legends, which is a fun game that tickles my competitive itch but can also be frustrating since it's *very* competitive. It's fun enough though I know I'll play it on and off.

We've started playing Final Fantasy XIV now as our new chill RPG, but didn't realise that choosing different classes starts you off in different cities so we need to level up a bit before we can fast travel to each other. Not much thoughts on it yet, but have heard it's the best current MMO so we'll see.

Intending to play New World once we're done with FFXIV content, it looks great and the combat seems engaging. I've learnt from the Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco to wait a few weeks for proper reviews so will check on whether it's worth playing in about 2 months time.

Also been playing 7 Days to Die with a few buddies. Very satisfying developing your base over time and advancing your gear, especially since you can dig underground you can go full Dwarf Fortress. Will probably add a bunch of mods once we've reached endgame on our current playthrough.

TheWall

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer
I like to play Osu! game online and this game is so good, it has 4 modes (std, mania, ctb, taiko), you can play it with Mouse, Tablet or Keyboard. It has a very active community, The community can do beatmaps and skins (yuichiblue osu skin) for users. osu! is a very good game try it!.
I've played that game for almost 3 years. It does a good job as a rhythm game in the lower difficulties although it eventually turns into an aim simulator at the higher difficulties in standard mode. I've tried mania as well which is fun but you make a lot of noise smashing your keyboard which in turn leads to very annoyed parents/ roommates/neighbours. The songs are really good as well.

I don't think I would recommend this game here though. It's completely engrossed in weeb culture and many beatmaps/charts have a background with anime girls in questionable attires. The community at large are your typical leftists and immature.