Video games

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Haha, the RNG comes with the territory. Fortunately, the game does give you the tools to mitigate the RNG - innate cards, intentionally not going for the elites all the time, deck management, mulligan cards, deck search cards, etc.

But the second-to-final fight in the game is a tough cookie to crack. I managed to stumble on a pretty good defensive build for the Ironclad using barricade to keep stacking up blocks, but I've only been able to manage that one time so far.
The way I won with ironclad was massive block build up, then the cars that turns your attack into a multiplier of your block. I beat it with the mystical lady too but could never do it with the weird “orbs” character. Some of the mods are really great, best I’ve seen for a game.

Valentine

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
I've got into Wild Rift lately, the mobile version of League of Legends. I'm normally a big PC gamer and enjoy LoL, but the games are too long for me at the moment. Wild Rift's matches are only 10-15 mins so much easier to fit into busy day. The controls are surprisingly good, though I haven't played any other mobile games.

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Final Fantasy 7 Remake finally came to PC and I'm playing it now. I know there's some backlash and criticism of the changes made to the classic original, but it's been so long since I played the original that I can barely remember all the little details. All I know is I'm enjoying this new one so far after 4-5 hours.

Was trying to play an MMO recently but my piece of crap computer couldn't run LOL or WOW started playing a few MMO's on Xbox, eventually settled on TERA online, really great game, combo mechanics are good it levels fast and after level 20 you can basically dungeon all the way to endgame. I started playing BDO, but that didn't have any dungeons which i didn't like, started playing ESO, but that was confusing and too slow leveling, then I played Neverwinter but it was slow and annoying with all the aggro for mobs, and you don't get experience for killing them. The only quarrel I have with TERA is its lack of pvp at lower levels, and also the combat seems like it would be nice if I had a tutorial to figure out the best way to play my class. Really fun game though.

tothepoint

Banned
Agnostic
This is accurate.

I've been waiting for the 42" LG gaming OLED TV that was supposed to launch last year. It's finally coming out in spring 2022.

So I did a quick search last weekend and bookmarked all the parts for a new gaming high end gaming rig. Surprisingly, I managed to find everything at or close to MSRP except the GPU...

For a RTX 3080 or 3080TI I'd have to pay 2.5 to 3 times the MSRP in Europe so once the TV comes out I'll either have to suck it up and wait or overpay through the ass for 2 year old GPUs. In the tech world RTX 3xxx is outdated at this point and there should be a clearance sale before the RTX 4xxx series.

That's why I despise Nvidia, they already had this issue in the past and did nothing about it although they make a boatload of cash and have a borderline monopoly on GPUs. AMD has the same issue but they are like ants compared to Nvidia or Intel.

The PC gaming hardware industry needs some serious competition.

Ember

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member
I've been waiting for the 42" LG gaming OLED TV that was supposed to launch last year. It's finally coming out in spring 2022.
Haha. That is the TV I'm after. I built my new PC last year but was forced to keep using my old 980ti. The 4080 is the one now because just like you, I can't bear to pay 2x MSRP for a 3080/3090 that will be outdated within a few months.

Tippy

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Donkey Kong 64 was my favorite gaming experience of all time.

Really? I thought that one was pretty bad. Nowhere near as good as Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie. I feel like the creators thought 'hmm...if we make this BIGGER with MORE stuff to collect, it'll be the BEST' however that was not the case. The overworld was way too big and a slog to get around and the game was pretty tedious. It was admirably ambitious though.

Diddy Kong Racing was a blast on the N64 though.

Trudarknez

Pigeon
Non-Christian
Currently playing through Ghosts of Tsushima.

Loving it, except for a few of the stories go into gay stuff.

It's feudal Japan in the 13th century. And apparently gays and bisexuals were so common back then.

I think it is true though. I remember reading stuff about little boys being groomed and used as sex objects and they got a certain haircut. That is not a joke. It was normal apparently. Like old school "femboys".

Turretin

Banned
Protestant
I think it is true though. I remember reading stuff about little boys being groomed and used as sex objects and they got a certain haircut. That is not a joke. It was normal apparently. Like old school "femboys".
Didn't the Samurai have something similar to the original platonic homo-erotic teachter-pupil relation? There was this japanese writer who wanted to start a traditional revolution in the 1960s or 70s and then committed ritualistic suicide. I think, such stuff was going on in his circle.