Video games

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I'm hyped for this and I really don't get hyped for games anymore. This video and his two upcoming lore videos are the last things I'll watch about it before release. Good luck avoiding spoilers gentlemen!

Also, if any RVF'ers will be playing on PC and want to do some jolly cooperation let me know!

I’ll be playing on PC, my Steam name is BrotherAugustine

Hermetic Seal

Pelican
Orthodox
Gold Member
If I had the capabilities I'd make some kind of Orthodox monastery sim game.

The idea being you start off as a recluse who has to chop down trees to make their cell in the wilderness, which then grows into a monastery. Within the game you could have a sped up version of the church calendar (so you could educate kids on the Saints and major feasts etc), as you monastery grows you have to manage resources, carry out work and so on. Perhaps there could be a random chance of a Saint appearing (you could use real monastic Saints, again for educational purposes). There could be some kind of balance to maintain between reclusiveness and having lots of visitors and such.

I guess making a video game would not be the most wholesome thing, but I figure kids are going to play them anyway, it would be good to have a game that Orthodox kids could play that would teach them something wholesome at least.

I like the idea of an open-ended game where you're a monk and roll up to some remote pagan town to evangelize it in medieval Russia or something like that. Form relationships, build a church, take care of the poor and needy, establish a monastery, that sort of thing.

uncledick

Woodpecker
Catholic
I'm hyped for this and I really don't get hyped for games anymore. This video and his two upcoming lore videos are the last things I'll watch about it before release. Good luck avoiding spoilers gentlemen!

Also, if any RVF'ers will be playing on PC and want to do some jolly cooperation let me know!

I'll be playing it too brother. I haven't been this excited for a game since... mass effect 3.

I think Elden Ring is really goin to be something special.

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
I like the idea of an open-ended game where you're a monk and roll up to some remote pagan town to evangelize it in medieval Russia or something like that. Form relationships, build a church, take care of the poor and needy, establish a monastery, that sort of thing.
“Zealot” is coming out one of these days, but sadly the developer isn’t giving any hints as to precisely when.

Aizen

Kingfisher
Orthodox
GTA is a fun franchise and GTA V is arguably one of the best storylines ever told in the vidya sphere

Moral qualms need to be set aside when picking up a game; the purpose of playing many of these titles to walk in the shoes of the game's protagonist (whether they be forces of good or evil)

No one in their right mind would glorify or try to emulate Trevor. After all, it's a fictional game. It was very interesting to play the world from his warped schizo perspective

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Did anyone play Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time as a kid? I'm playing it on an emulator and it's taking on new meaning for me. For those who remember the game, Ganondorf is strikingly like the Antichrist, in that at first, he deceives the King of Hyrule into thinking he intends peace, before usurping power and destroying Hyrule and all the associated Kingdoms. There is a marked shift in the game when you go from child to adult. In the child world, obviously everything is more positive and people are generally happier, but there is also law and order. Link needs to basically get passports/permission to enter new lands, he can't just walk anywhere he wants.

In the adult world, by contrast, borders are wide open. The moat/bridge to Hyrule castle is destroyed, and all other lands are completely open as well. Famines and disease have spread during this time frame and the land appears cursed. Hyrule is infested with zombie people – whoever managed to escape fled to nearby Karaiko village, a town at the foot of the Goron Mountain, where you can find some of the inhabitants. Also, much of the landscape has been afflicted with extreme weather patterns – notably in Goron Mountain there is an unceasing violent eruption, and in Zora's Kingdom the lake is frozen. All this stuff appears in parallel to our modern world, with no law, order, or justice, with open borders, war, and with unquestioning zombie NPC's. We are also affected by extreme and bizarre weather phenomena as well as disease.

I also noticed this really eerie thing at the entrance to Ganon's castle.

rainbow.jpg

The bridge to the Antichrist is rainbow. Nowhere else in the game does this rainbow theme appear, but I find it odd that the game creators would have made the bridge to this horrific looking place a rainbow color, and it makes me wonder why they chose to do this.

It reminded me of Serge Monast prophecies of the New World Order from his discussion on the "Great Hoax" written in the 1980's.

Now for those who will not accept the NWO, who will reject it, the new age people -- the new ager, the new world order people, which is the same -- they plan concentration camps - re-education camps - and for those camps they made what is known to be the rainbow color classification of the new world order prisoner. The rainbow considered as the bridge symbol leading to the Satanic world of the New World Order. We already do know for instance, that everybody will have to take an oath to Lucifer with a ritual initiation in order to cross that bridge into the new World Order. All resisters to that initiation, as they plan, will definitely be sent to a detention facility where they will be separated in different categories. That's what they call the rainbow color classification of the New World Order prisoner.

Last edited:
Did anyone play Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time as a kid? I'm playing it on an emulator and it's taking on new meaning for me. For those who remember the game, Ganondorf is strikingly like the Antichrist, in that at first, he deceives the King of Hyrule into thinking he intends peace, before usurping power and destroying Hyrule and all the associated Kingdoms. There is a marked shift in the game when you go from child to adult. In the child world, obviously everything is more positive and people are generally happier, but there is also law and order. Link needs to basically get passports/permission to enter new lands, he can't just walk anywhere he wants.

In the adult world, by contrast, borders are wide open. The moat/bridge to Hyrule castle is destroyed, and all other lands are completely open as well. Famines and disease have spread during this time frame and the land appears cursed. Hyrule is infested with zombie people – whoever managed to escape fled to nearby Karaiko village, a town at the foot of the Goron Mountain, where you can find some of the inhabitants. Also, much of the landscape has been afflicted with extreme weather patterns – notably in Goron Mountain there is an unceasing violent eruption, and in Zora's Kingdom the lake is frozen. All this stuff appears in parallel to our modern world, with no law, order, or justice, with open borders, war, and with unquestioning zombie NPC's. We are also affected by extreme and bizarre weather phenomena as well as disease.

I also noticed this really eerie thing at the entrance to Ganon's castle.

The bridge to the Antichrist is rainbow. Nowhere else in the game does this rainbow theme appear, but I find it odd that the game creators would have made the bridge to this horrific looking place a rainbow color, and it makes me wonder why they chose to do this.

It reminded me of Serge Monast prophecies of the New World Order from his discussion on the "Great Hoax" written in the 1980's.

Now for those who will not accept the NWO, who will reject it, the new age people -- the new ager, the new world order people, which is the same -- they plan concentration camps - re-education camps - and for those camps they made what is known to be the rainbow color classification of the new world order prisoner. The rainbow considered as the bridge symbol leading to the Satanic world of the New World Order. We already do know for instance, that everybody will have to take an oath to Lucifer with a ritual initiation in order to cross that bridge into the new World Order. All resisters to that initiation, as they plan, will definitely be sent to a detention facility where they will be separated in different categories. That's what they call the rainbow color classification of the New World Order prisoner.
The Japanese developers wrote this game as an allegory of the desert (((outsider))) coming in to the peaceful kingdoms and races and sowing discord, spreading lies, and bringing war under the guise of peace. Ganondorf is a semitic caricature, and Link is the Aryan hero, the necessary defender and steward of the existing civilizations. It's not just that the guy has green skin and a big nose and hails from a "race of thieves," its his schemes that make him very jewish.

Interesting takes on this, though I could see the NWO connections too and the freemasonic allegories like the Temple of Time. Here's a read about it, though some of the things on this site seem like fedbait they have good points on this game series:

https://againstjew.wordpress.com/20...bolic-for-the-aryan-struggle-against-the-jew/

bb9.png

Valentine

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Tried to play Disco Elysium and Encased on my Linux computer. Sadly neither one would even launch to the title screen. Steam for Linux works very selectively and I’ll probably make it into a Windows PC before Elden Ring comes out. Anyone know how to transition from Linux to PC?

Disco Elysium runs fine via Proton compatibility layer in Steam, use the version that other user reviews recommend.

Encased is native so I'm not sure why you have issues there. Are you running it via Steam? Do other Linux games work fine?

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Disco Elysium runs fine via Proton compatibility layer in Steam, use the version that other user reviews recommend.

Encased is native so I'm not sure why you have issues there. Are you running it via Steam? Do other Linux games work fine?
About half the games I tried didn’t work, regardless of using Proton. I changed the PC into Windows 10 and everything runs perfectly now, been getting into XCOM2 a bit as well.

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Protestant
Gold Member
My wife and I play a little bit of Nintendo Switch - Animal Crossing, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Taiko Drum Games, Mario Kart, Mario Party.

Not in excess but it's certainly enough to fill out any spare time, and easy enough to bring over for socializing.

I love PC gaming but it's too much temptation for me...
I grew up pc gaming since dos. Ditched it after playing the original Far Cry and never looked back.

I’m mostly a Nintendo man now for gaming and collecting. Give me some aaa Nintendo or jrpg stuff any day over more activision ea etc nonsense.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Other Christian
Gold Member
Cyberpunk may be playable now if you have a next gen system (Xbox series X/S or PS5)

I am about 5 hours into Cyberpunk which is actually about how far I was in when I played it at the original launch on my Xbox One X and it was just too buggy for my taste. Plays a lot better now but there are still some visual glitches here and there. I have been playing on performance mode on my Series X (60fps/4k) but today my buddy told me that the visual mode 30fps with ray tracing is pretty amazing so I am going to check that out next time I play.

Second first impressions... CD Projekt Red is one of the premier studios when it comes to world building. The game is very immersive from the characters to the atmosphere to the setting.... its all top notch. The role playing elements are very well thought out as well. From the gear to the mods to the implants and cybernetic upgrades you can get. The game gives you a lot of freedom to focus on how you want to play and still have a viable character. The gun play and driving can still feel a bit wonky at times but perhaps with enough upgrades I can get beyond that... not sure if its meant to be wonky until I start to get the proper gears and mods or if its just a bit wonky in general.

I am only scratching the surface of this game but so far its showing a lot of potential

BVRqig.gif

presidentcarter

Ostrich
Protestant
Gold Member
I want to pick this up badly, but the price is too high. Will get it during a sale though.
Yeah I usually just grab one open box a few weeks later for a steep discount if I don't catch a sale. I agree, it should retail at $40 not $60. Online play will be the highlight imo.

Bizet

Woodpecker
I saw the new Uncharted movie today. I'm a huge fan of the video game series (especially Uncharted 4), but I thought the movie was okay, just okay. I can understand why people who have never played the games before wouldn't enjoy this film.

I wasn't a huge fan of the casting to begin with, but Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg grew on me as the film went on (the actress who played Chloe Frazer however, was spot on from the beginning).

images.jpeg

I really hope they make a sequel, because there are so many incredible action sequences in the games they can borrow from. Just like the first Uncharted game wasn't amazing, but each game got a bit better, I think the films will be the same.