Vitamins and Supplements for CV19 Prophylaxis

bmw633

Woodpecker
Hi,

I read a vitamin thread, but with CV19 still affecting folks, I thought I would share this list of vitamins/supplements for CV19 prophylaxis which came from Eastern Virginia Medical School.

Prophylaxis
While there is very limited data (and none specific for COVID-19), the following “cocktail” may have a
role in the prevention/mitigation of COVID-19 disease. While there is no high-level evidence that this
cocktail is effective; it is cheap, safe and widely available.
• Vitamin C 500 mg BID and Quercetin 250-500 mg BID [1-5]
• Zinc 75-100 mg/day (acetate, gluconate or picolinate). Zinc lozenges are preferred. After 1
month, reduce the dose to 30-50 mg/day. [1,6-9]
• Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 0.3mg and increase as tolerated to 2 mg at night [10-13]
• Vitamin D3 1000-4000 u/day [14-20]
• Optional: Famotidine 20-40mg/day [21]
• Optional/uncertain: Once weekly chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine may have a role in
prophylaxis in high risk subgroups i.e. heath care workers, residents of nursing homes, etc.
Ongoing studies are testing this hypothesis.

The CV19 protocol summary is very good information and was updated recently, removing hydroxychloroquine from the protocol, probably because of recent FDA political action.

Attachments

• Marik-Covid-Protocol-Summary (1).pdf
    161 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

bmw633

Woodpecker
Finally some non-political covid-19 solutions.
This prophylaxis protocol should have been in the newspapers and on TV. Autopsies on CV19 found that they were Vitamin D deficient. The better your immune system is and the smaller the viral load (wear a mask) is, the less likely you are to get sick or have a serious disease.

kinjutsu

Pelican
Yup.
I watched a Joe rogan podcast with a woman named Rhonda Patrick where she's goes pretty in-depth about vitamin-d and covid-19 deaths.
About mid way through she red pills joe on why black people have a higher mortality rate from covid-19.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Hi,

I read a vitamin thread, but with CV19 still affecting folks, I thought I would share this list of vitamins/supplements for CV19 prophylaxis which came from Eastern Virginia Medical School.

Prophylaxis
While there is very limited data (and none specific for COVID-19), the following “cocktail” may have a
role in the prevention/mitigation of COVID-19 disease. While there is no high-level evidence that this
cocktail is effective; it is cheap, safe and widely available.
• Vitamin C 500 mg BID and Quercetin 250-500 mg BID [1-5]
• Zinc 75-100 mg/day (acetate, gluconate or picolinate). Zinc lozenges are preferred. After 1
month, reduce the dose to 30-50 mg/day. [1,6-9]
• Melatonin (slow release): Begin with 0.3mg and increase as tolerated to 2 mg at night [10-13]
• Vitamin D3 1000-4000 u/day [14-20]
• Optional: Famotidine 20-40mg/day [21]
• Optional/uncertain: Once weekly chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine may have a role in
prophylaxis in high risk subgroups i.e. heath care workers, residents of nursing homes, etc.
Ongoing studies are testing this hypothesis.

The CV19 protocol summary is very good information and was updated recently, removing hydroxychloroquine from the protocol, probably because of recent FDA political action.
Now ivermectin is also a good prophylaxis, especially for people who got vaxxed. 0.2mg/kg bodyweight once a week for prophylaxis.

https://www.onedaymd.com/2021/03/zelenko-protocol.html.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
One thing about the zinc, it messes with iron absorption so be careful if you’re anemic. I was using zinc daily and couldn’t figure out why I was always tired I didn’t know about the interaction, I’ve always had low iron.

Thought that might help someone

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
^ https://www.rooshvforum.com/threads/zinc-has-made-me-a-better-man.4775/

Yeah, in the old Zinc thread, The Lizard of Oz cautioned people not to overdo it as Zinc can also mess with copper levels. He recommended "L OptiZinc" as this formulation includes 300mcg of copper per pill.

Personally, I run 50 mg of Zinc Picolinate per day & then eat some dark chocolate occasionally to shore up my copper.
50mg is a pretty high dose; if you do that all the time you might get low copper. Copper deficiency is no joke. If you start to lose your emotions and become a zombie then stop dosing.

Peacock
Gold Member

DeWoken

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
One thing about the zinc, it messes with iron absorption so be careful if you’re anemic. I was using zinc daily and couldn’t figure out why I was always tired I didn’t know about the interaction, I’ve always had low iron.

Thought that might help someone
Yup, there has been a sort of ongoing meme of "take zinc" that makes me cringe. From the sources I consume I hear that if you eat adequate amounts of meat - preferably beef - you will not be zinc deficient. Taking extra zinc will probably just exacerbate your copper deficiency.

Minerals interact with each other, often in pairs. For example zinc and copper are a pair: you if you get a lot of zinc you need to get a corresponding amount of copper to balance it out. Minerals such as iodine, magnesium, and copper are low in modern diets due to soil depletion and industrial farming practices. So saying "I eat a balanced diet" probably doesn't cover you the way it might have 200 years ago.

Frank advises:
- Stay away from nuts and seeds because they are inflammatory.
- Pollution in seafood has probably reached crisis levels, and that goes double for bottom feeders like shrimp. Once in a while won't be a big deal.
- Soy is used to make seitan... no more needs to be said.
- Beans are a waste of time. Why agonize about trying to deal with the anti-nutrients thinking that just maybe you can make the nutrients bio-available? Animal-based diet ftw.

I'm just kind of doing a Frank-style paleo diet at the moment, no longer carnivore. I'm thinking of adding shitake mushrooms, and I have enjoyed adding organic cauliflower and potatoes but it's hard keeping them in stock. So non-organic white rice has been a staple of late while getting off the carnivore diet. Ideally it would be organic, though. And Frank recommends organic brown rice, saying that the anti-nutrients actually aren't a factor. I tried eating some that a family member had in their cupboard but it seems to have gone bad because it was too hard to eat after cooking and my guts didn't like it.

That's interesting!
Copper deficiency is no joke. If you start to lose your emotions and become a zombie then stop dosing.

ScannerLIV

Woodpecker
Are you aware you could remove much of anti nutrition in beans and nuts with proper methods?

Are nuts and seeds highly inflammatory because of high omega six?

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
I would say, in order to keep costs down, and to avoid any poisoned chalice effect (a real concern with supplements);

-Intermittent fasting every day + occasional longer fast and/or fasting mimicking diet. (3-4 times a year?) In other words, fast 72-120 hours and then refeed normally with your intermittent fasting program. But normal calories overall. (2800-3500 per day maybe) (supplement with electrolytes) https://drinklmnt.com/

-Moderate exercise. (out of breath every day, no matter how you do it)

-Moderate sun exposure, and vitamin D3 when this is not possible.

-As far as supplements go, I feel that if you can afford a nutrient dense diet, they might not be necessary for the most part. But I do think that NAD+ precursors like NMN/NR, and sirtuin activators like resveratrol and quercetin could be a good way to stave of ageing. And reduced immunity and ageing/disease are in many ways the same phenomenon. No doubt that this will effect your immune system in a favourable way. They are a bit pricey, and you have to do it the right way and over time, but it does seem to work.

-I`ve become more and more convinced that the key to maintaining health and immune function with age is to keep NAD+ levels up, as this is the key to maintaining your youthful epigenomic expression. You can do that with hormetic stressors like mentioned above, and with supplements like NMN/NR etc. (and maybe drugs in the future also) When people die from excessive inflammation or the cytokine storm, and when they get post viral fatigue syndrome it`s due to low NAD+ Here`s a good take on it. https://www.neolifesalud.com/blog/covid-nad-and-our-immune-system/?lang=en

Last edited:

DeWoken

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Are you aware you could remove much of anti nutrition in beans and nuts with proper methods?

Are nuts and seeds highly inflammatory because of high omega six?

Yes, I think it's the O6 concern that makes things "inflammatory". I used to be really into peanut butter. I found that it would give me energy but also I would be off, like make more mistakes and be hasty. Also nosebleeds would start happening once in a while. So I don't think it's that healthy.

I am vaguely familiar with soaking, sprouting and whatnot. What beans and what method do you recommend people try?

Frank says chicken and pork are much more inflammatory than beef even if they are organic. Basically ruminant animals are the best (and obviously grass-fed if possible).

For beans I drink organic coffee daily and sometimes have chocolate. I blend unsalted butter into my beverage with a hand-held milk frother - much easier to clean than a blender #SingleGuyHacks. In years past I've quit caffeine entirely and it was okay but I find that I am worse at dealing with highly-annoying people without. I've definitely stepped down my dose from years ago, though.

Mercifully, the weather has finally allowed me to start tanning again.

I wonder if there is any specific supplement to help deal with shedding.

N°6

Hummingbird
Yup.
I watched a Joe rogan podcast with a woman named Rhonda Patrick where she's goes pretty in-depth about vitamin-d and covid-19 deaths.
About mid way through she red pills joe on why black people have a higher mortality rate from covid-19.

I recall seeing this at the beginning of Event 201.

Then I saw this video by Greg Glassman who was one of the first cancel casualties for his Floyd-19 tweet.

DeWoken

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
I wonder if there is any specific supplement to help deal with shedding.
Whoops, I will get to watching those videos to catch up with this thread!
What does all this mean? Well, SARS-CoV-2 causes our NAD levels to drop. How does it do that? To defend against it, we make our cellular immunity work at full throttle, and now we know that an important part of how we manage to activate our cellular immunity is through activating PARPs. These PARP 7, 10, 12, and 14 that influence immunity consume NAD like all the PARPs, and when there is none or very little left, they can no longer be activated. They don’t activate our cellular immunity and the virus is free to continue replicating and damaging us.

If we increase our NAD levels by taking Nicotinamide (NAM), Nicotinamide Riboside (NR), or increasing the activity of the NAMPT enzyme that is responsible for converting NAM into NAD, we will improve PARP activity, our cellular immunity, and lower virus replication.
Time to hit that vape/pipe/cigar?!

It's all coming back to me now, suppressed memories of 2 0 2 0: wasn't there a headline saying that smokers weren't being hit as hard by the virus?

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
Whoops, I will get to watching those videos to catch up with this thread!

Time to hit that vape/pipe/cigar?!

It's all coming back to me now, suppressed memories of 2 0 2 0: wasn't there a headline saying that smokers weren't being hit as hard by the virus?

I assume that was meant as irony, but in case not, smoking/tobacco use definitely decreases NAD+ by increasing oxidative stress and hence the consumption of the NAD+ dependant enzymes that have to deal with that stress, like PARP`s and Sirtuins. Btw; I`m more of a fan of NMN as an NAD+ precursor. I can recommend this product, but it`s not cheap to make this stuff, so you have to dish out something like 500-600 dollars a year for it! https://elevant.co/

I’ve ordered allicin garlic extract after listening to this discussion:

It not only combats viruses but fungi and parasites.
There is mixed evidence to the degree that allicin persists in storage, and whether it retains its beneficial effects after long storage periods.

I think it's ultimately better to just get a garlic press, crush a few clovers, and wait 10 - 15 minutes (for the allicin to form) before eating it. It's much cheaper than purchasing a supplement, and you get the (likely) added benefit of the entourage effect from the other organosulfur compounds within garlic.