Was World War II necessary?

Was World War II necessary or good?

• It was good but not necessary.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Permit me to clarify: My statement wasn't an argument of "Capitalism vs Nationalist War Economy vs Communist War Economy". It was to point out that when you have zero Chromium to use in building your heavy tanks when fighting a two (and later, three) front war, futures contracts and market pricing for Chromium deliveries, are not going to make the war effort more efficient.

Sure. Although I am sure that given the incentives. There will spring up smuggling networks to supply such needs or substitution at a faster rate.

North Korea for example when they became more "Capitalist" had this happen:

They also unnecessarily antagonized the Partisans when they could have allied with them to fight the Soviets. So they had to deal with sabotage and the constant disruption of their logistics.

Sure. Although I am sure that given the incentives. There will spring up smuggling networks to supply such needs or substitution at a faster rate.

North Korea for example when they became more "Capitalist" had this happen:

They also unnecessarily antagonized the Partisans when they could have allied with them to fight the Soviets. So they had to deal with sabotage and the constant disruption of their logistics.

1. North Korea isn't involved in a hot war, at this time.
2. NK's current sponsor, China, and the border they share, make such transactions and smuggling possible by providing the transport and payment infrastructure that can avoid sanctions.

Neither condition existed for wartime Germany.

As for the partisans argument - perhaps, to a certain degree. There were large numbers of collaborators enlisting in officially sanctioned local forces as close to the Reich as occupied Poland, and as far as "Reichskommissariat Ukraine", and even farther in the Northern Caucasus (the Karachays). Not to mention the many ethnic legions that were enlisted as part of the Wehrmacht and the Waffen-SS.

The sabotage in the rear were typically arranged either by infiltrators, or by elements of enemy divisions which were left behind and instead of surrendering, went into hiding. If they happened to recruit local sympathisers in their operations, then those weren't people that Germany could've sided with to begin with.

2. NK's current sponsor, China, and the border they share, make such transactions and smuggling possible by providing the transport and payment infrastructure that can avoid sanctions.

As for the partisans argument - perhaps, to a certain degree. There were large numbers of collaborators enlisting in officially sanctioned local forces as close to the Reich as occupied Poland, and as far as "Reichskommissariat Ukraine", and even farther in the Northern Caucasus (the Karachays). Not to mention the many ethnic legions that were enlisted as part of the Wehrmacht and the Waffen-SS.

The sabotage in the rear were typically arranged either by infiltrators, or by elements of enemy divisions which were left behind and instead of surrendering, went into hiding. If they happened to recruit local sympathisers in their operations, then those weren't people that Germany could've sided with to begin with.
Have you watched this video on German Logistics?

What's your thoughts on the points he raised? It does look like even with those problems you stated. The way they did things make things are worse than they already are.

Have you watched this video on German Logistics?

What's your thoughts on the points he raised? It does look like even with those problems you stated. The way they did things make things are worse than they already are.

I have indeed, and I'm not saying he is completely wrong on some of the historical events - such as the competition for resources and supplies within the different branches of the military. He makes some great research accessible and comprehensible for the masses interested in these topics.

My point was that while - in hindsight - a lot of mistakes were made by the Wehrmacht, putting "price tags" on services or resources during a two or three front war, isn't going to address any of the issues they were facing. In short, in a fight for survival, capitalism won't neccessarily help.

I have indeed, and I'm not saying he is completely wrong on some of the historical events - such as the competition for resources and supplies within the different branches of the military. He makes some great research accessible and comprehensible for the masses interested in these topics.

My point was that while - in hindsight - a lot of mistakes were made by the Wehrmacht, putting "price tags" on services or resources during a two or three front war, isn't going to address any of the issues they were facing. In short, in a fight for survival, capitalism won't neccessarily help.
Outside of a wargaming session we will never know. Simulation is the best way to test this out.

To understand WW2 first we have to understand the real motivations behind WW1.

World War One Conspiracy -

The problem I have with this video is that at the beginning it talks about secret societies and an "inner circle" who are really in the know and an 'outer circle" of 'helpers' working on a need to know basis to help achieve the aims of the 'inner circle'.

Watching this, it shows that parties in America and Britain were trying to engineer a confrontation with and a defeat of an ascendant Germany, engineer America's entry into the war for that affect and then divide up the post war spoils of territory etc amongst themselves in order to create their own "New World Order".

The problem is that the reveal of how Britain and Wall Street and Germany all conspired severally or (((jointly)))? to engineer the Russian Revolution and the Balfour declaration on the fate of Ottoman possessions seem like awkward add-ons.

Other posters on this forum have talked about how counter- and rival (((conspiracy theories))) of how the world is somehow secretly controlled by the British Royal Family networks or the Vatican that are propagated from time to time seem to forget that these are formerly powerful institutions that have been cucked and parasited over centuries.

This feels like my history lessons at school where names like Rothschild just 'pop-up' about five times incidentally in this long video but it seems that he and his ilk are really just bit part players, playing their role on the side lines of evil "politician" machinations.

For me it doesn't add up in the same way that the Germans embarking on a war of massive conquest and pre-planned genocide in 1939 without being fully prepared for it, lacking the full navy it needed and then, having initiated and initially prosecuted this war utterly victoriously, constantly then started suing for peace with their opponents.. just doesn't make sense.

Now IF Germany was FORCED into these wars and offensives against their wishes, if Germany was caught in the trap of a pincer movement co-ordinated from the West and simultaneously the East then the fact that Germany showed excellent tactics and yet a defunct overall strategy begins to make sense.

Seems to be me that the group described as the "inner circle" in this World War One video were really just the "outer circle" of "helpers".

Sword and Board

Woodpecker
Can you imagine the intelligence report on this pole back at Juden HQ.

Oye vey the evidence is clear. The goy all want to turn us into lampshades and bars of soap and this is why we must never take our foot off their throats. They deserve our cruelty and then some. It is the great burden of being the supreme Jewish master race chosen by our lord Lucifer.

Can you imagine the intelligence report on this pole back at Juden HQ.

Oye vey the evidence is clear. The goy all want to turn us into lampshades and bars of soap and this is why we must never take our foot off their throats. They deserve our cruelty and then some. It is the great burden of being the supreme Jewish master race chosen by our lord Lucifer.
Don't forget the head shrinking..

There has to be at least one little plastic troll doll shrunken head that the Goys aspire to create in there somewhere.

Sword and Board

Woodpecker
Ah yes the shrunken heads too. All “evidence” used in the trials to torture and execute a range of Germans from photographers and button makers to army generals.

Mysteriously all went missing when scientific advancements became available to determine their legitimacy.

AntoniusofEfa

Kingfisher

Nazi Germany had Switzerland.

Goni

Woodpecker
Sort of. The gentleman that prepares the videos does have a passion for discovering correct history, but sometimes lets his "modern" liberal/capitalist education misguide him. For example, on one of his videos regarding the logistical failures of Germany, he went on a rant of sorts to persuade the viewer that if only Hitler's Germany had been a capitalist, "free market" society, their production and logistics would've been handled better. The issue there is that when you have very little to no natural resources of your own, and are essentially blockaded worldwide, a centralized war economy is the only path forward. At that point, it doesn't matter what the market price of Chromium is, when you have no Chromium whatsoever.
The guy does absolutely give mire information to you than the average joe and no doubts that his videos have good explanation, analysis and gives to the viewers a more in depth perspective.

Nevertheless, modern warfare logistics are depended on 4 components: money supply, raw materials, manpower, and good organisation.

While I don't think the Germans lacked the last one, for sure they lacked the money supply and raw materials.

Evan USA which was a much bigger economy with much mire raw materials, centralised the economy for the total war effort.

Saying that the logistics issue of Germany in the Eastern front would have self adjusted if the economy would be freed and prices being mire adequate, it doesnt make any sense considering that Germany lacked oil and metals and the industrial capability to provide much numbers ( despite the excellent quality).

And of course that he quotes " historians " that quote other historians ( thus entering a clown circle of no facts) who state that Germany killed 4 million war prisoners and 2.4 million Jewish workers.

Bris

Chicken
A few considerations:

1. World War II began when Germany invaded Poland in 1939, sparking Britain's entry into the war. However, this could have just been Hitler's attempt to unite western Poland's German speakers into a single German-speaking entity. This is not a bad thing per se.
The idea that Germany's incursion on 1 September 1939 was the start seems like possibly a farce to me.

We're lectured that the "Gleiwitz incident" on August 31st wasn't Polish troops attacking Sender Gleiwitz, that it was all a false flag.

But what if it wasn't a false flag? What if Polish army did genuinely attack Germany but then they lied and called it a false flag to avoid culpability for initiating the aggression?

Plus there's also, months prior to this, all the stuff about people of German heritage suffering ethnic cleansing within Poland during the spring of 1939.

We're of course told that this was all a lie too, but that seems like something which could've also been true which they just buried.

3. The Holocaust began in 1942, well into the war.
Depends on what you mean by Holocaust I guess.

I believe at some point after Americans raped supply lines that when there were food shortages that Germans prioritized food and medical care for their own people (soldiers and civilians) over that of prisoners, leading to prisoner fatalities, but beyond that?

Before that, Jews were persecuted, but not to an extent that justified war -- a conclusion that the 1938 Evian conference upheld. The Nazis even offered the Jews money to settle in Palestine, but the Zionists refused this.
Pretty sure the zionists accepted, it's the diasporists who refused

EDIT. Yes, the Nazis killed Jews prior to 1942, but not in a systematic or targeted way, and only in a manner that is unfortunately associated with war. They also killed Poles, Russians, gypsies, etc., but nobody bothered.

The question is if there was systemic wronging or situational.

Given the present-day fake news about "systemic racism" by the same people who malign Hitler and NSDAP the claim isn't something I take for granted anymore.