Waukesha (Wisconsin) Christmas Parade Car Rampage

There is no reconciling differences with these people. They are full of envy, malice and strife. We cannot live together peacefully because they cannot live with anyone peacefully, including their likeminded kin. They do not value life. They are thieves, liars, and murderers to their core. They live only to fill their bellies with food they did not work for, to blaspheme God with their words and actions, to get high, and to fornicate. They destroy anything and everything beautiful because they hate what they don’t have and can’t steal.

When Jesus talked about forgiveness he is assuming repentance from the offender(Luke 17:4) not the unrepentant that even God doesn't forgive.

jollycynic

Sparrow
When Jesus talked about forgiveness he is assuming repentance from the offender(Luke 17:4) not the unrepentant that even God doesn't forgive.
My natural inclination is to agree with this because it fits my biases. However is there any scripture that is more explicit about not forgiving the unrepentant? It's implied but not explicitly stated in that passage.

The Penitent Man

Kingfisher
My natural inclination is to agree with this because it fits my biases. However is there any scripture that is more explicit about not forgiving the unrepentant? It's implied but not explicitly stated in that passage.
I believe we are supposed to forgive regardless. Check out the parable of the man who is forgiven a massive debt but is incapable of forgiving a petty debt in Matthew 18.

I don’t think the concept of forgiveness has anything to do with living around savages and letting them destroy you. Any Christian society would purge the wicked intent on destroying its institutions and killing or subjugating its people. We don’t live in a Christian society though. I just think we need to form communities capable of self defense when the society at large is at best indifferent.

lskdfjldsf

Pelican
Orthodox Catechumen
Gold Member
Christianity is not self-defeating pacifism. The religious case for ethnic nationalism/separatism is more compelling than secular arguments -- forced multiculturalism is a chronic source of conflict and violence, forever pitting us against each other to where our mind is preoccupied with anger, stress, and safety concerns rather than Christ.

All nations are worthy of God's salvation, and it's inevitable that we interact with those from other nations, treating them as we treat ourselves. There is no imperative however to forcibly and unnaturally integrate when it only leads to tension, violence, and sin. I support the brotherhood of separate nations through Christ, not the dissolution of nations without Christ.

The Penitent Man

Kingfisher
Christianity is not self-defeating pacifism. The religious case for ethnic nationalism/separatism is more compelling than secular arguments -- forced multiculturalism is a chronic source of conflict and violence, forever pitting us against each other to where our mind is preoccupied with anger, stress, and safety concerns rather than Christ.

All nations are worthy of God's salvation, and it's inevitable that we interact with those from other nations, treating them as we treat ourselves. There is no imperative however to forcibly and unnaturally integrate when it only leads to tension, violence, and sin. I support the brotherhood of separate nations through Christ, not the dissolution of nations without Christ.
These proponents of multiculturalism are trying to usurp God and achieve a secular paradise like the Tower of Babel, and it’s going to end up the same way.

stugatz

Pelican
That could have been me.

I lived in Waukesha for a year and only live Twin Cities-area now due to family (mother is in bad health). If I had continued to live there that could have been me.

Easy_C

Peacock
Yes. Styx covered it. He's a black nationalist. there were other suspects. Given the ideological background, location, and recent events there's a very good chance it was retaliation for the verdict.

If you have not yet and are in the states, get your CCW and attend an armed citizen immersion course.

Easy_C

Peacock

There's also a difference between 'forgiving" as in not holding a grudge. I may be able to forgive someone who cheats me out of a deal, but that does not mean I'm ever going to sign my name on any contract that has their name on it.

pico

Pigeon
When was the last time a white person intentionally drove an SUV through a rap concert where everyone was black and fired rifles to kill/injure some more?

I remember a few years ago in Germany it was some Muslims who killed a bunch of people driving through a Christmas parade.
Charlottesville comes to mind

Thomas More

Hummingbird
I believe we are supposed to forgive regardless. Check out the parable of the man who is forgiven a massive debt but is incapable of forgiving a petty debt in Matthew 18.

I don’t think the concept of forgiveness has anything to do with living around savages and letting them destroy you. Any Christian society would purge the wicked intent on destroying its institutions and killing or subjugating its people. We don’t live in a Christian society though. I just think we need to form communities capable of self defense when the society at large is at best indifferent.
I think as Christians, we are to be forgiving on a personal level, both because God has forgiven us, and because it is better for our own hearts to release the anger.

I think the Bible clearly presents a model of the government catching and dealing with criminals as a matter of justice. This seems applicable: Proverbs 24:24-25 "Whoever says to the guilty, “You are innocent,” will be cursed by peoples and denounced by nations. But it will go well with those who convict the guilty, and rich blessing will come on them."