Ways to Love your Husband?

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
Some good questions to ask your husband?

1. How can I pray for you today?

2. What’s your favorite thing about coming home?

3. What’s one thing I could help you with that would lighten your load?

4. Can you remember anything you’ve asked me to do that I have not done?

5. What would be your ideal day off?

feminagirlsdotcom

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
Help your husband by encouraging him into the next season, of beyond the ridicule of the Satanic agenda, to what?:
Watch from1:09, note @1:19:-

MILO​

...on how God has changed his priorities and its impact on our future:

Many Men are content with a peaceful home. And simplicity in possessions.

And of course the obvious that goes without saying:

1 Corinthians 7:1-7
1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good to abstain from sexual relations.a 2But because there is so much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.

3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife.

5Do not deprive each other, except by mutual consent and for a time, so you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again, so that Satan will not tempt you through your lack of self-control. 6I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
Ways to love your husband:

1) Don’t nag him with silly with questions. Instead, be sweet and kind. Smile more. Be genuinely happy and pleasant even if you had a difficult day.
2) Dutifully take care of the children and household.
3) Have family meals prepared on time including his lunch for work.
4) Actively listen when he’s talking or venting about his day at work.
5) Don’t withhold intimacy

Last edited:

Jen18

Chicken
Woman
I find that I can be in prayer and pleasant all day to everyone, but then get annoyed when my husband asks for something in a gruff manner, because I have just sat down after a busy day.

Things have gotten much better, in my opinion, since I quit working outside the home due to COVID. Having our distinct roles definitely plays a role.

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
"The prophecy that her “desire shall be for her husband” was not speaking of romantic getaways, but rather predicting that there would be a struggle for mastery. So instead of trying to gain mastery over her husband, she should struggle to gain mastery over this besetting impulse within herself."

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
I find that I can be in prayer and pleasant all day to everyone, but then get annoyed when my husband asks for something in a gruff manner, because I have just sat down after a busy day.

Things have gotten much better, in my opinion, since I quit working outside the home due to COVID. Having our distinct roles definitely plays a role.
"The Bible does not require a universal submission of women to men, or the necessary submission of any given woman to any given man. The Bible requires women to be submissive to their own husbands, which is a protection against having to submit to men generally. Further, because no one can serve more than one authority, this scriptural teaching amounts to a prohibition of a woman submitting to other men. Nor does Scripture require a new absolute submission to her husband. No authority in this fallen world is absolute, and includes the authority of a husband. When the authority of a husband turns rancid, a wife should receive the help of fathers, brothers, friends, and/or elders to help her stand up against it. I have been involved in this sort of intervention more than once."

(Not necessarily applicable to your comment).

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Ways to love your husband:

1) Don’t nag him with silly with questions. Instead, be sweet and kind. Smile more. Be genuinely happy and pleasant even if you had a difficult day.
2) Dutifully take care of the children and household.
3) Have family meals prepared on time including his lunch for work.
4) Actively listen when he’s talking or venting about his day at work.
5) Don’t withhold intimacy

Great advice. Keep it simple and sweet.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Some good questions to ask your husband?

1. How can I pray for you today?

2. What’s your favorite thing about coming home?

3. What’s one thing I could help you with that would lighten your load?

4. Can you remember anything you’ve asked me to do that I have not done?

5. What would be your ideal day off?

feminagirlsdotcom

My husband responds better if I don’t pepper him with questions. He likes to be able to share his day and his personal challenges freely and the best thing I can do is listen.

He’s also the type that if i do ask him what he needs or what I can do for him, he will say he doesn’t need anything, he’s fine, and will take care of it himself. So if I really want to help lighten his load, I’ve learned to just take the initiative to DO things that help him. This is more effective for me than asking, as he is pleased and appreciates it, even though he’d never ask. He’s quite self-contained.

That being said, after almost 9 years of marriage, I like to do little things outside of keeping the home, things that just let him know I’m thinking of him or things that make him think about me ;)
It’s usually silly things like leaving a little “I miss you already!” note in his lunch. Or if I feel like I’m looking particularly nice, I’ll send him a smiling pic of me (I hate selfies so I don’t do this a lot). Or if I see a small treat or his favorite candy at the store, I’ll leave it on his pillow to find when he gets home.

I think doing these small things once in awhile keeps things fun and reminds us of when we were dating. I never want things to get boring. So my personal key to loving my husband is all about tokens of appreciation and affection, and being a listening ear when he wants to share his day or his thoughts.

Vigilant

Woodpecker
Woman
"Billy Graham and his close associates adopted a rule in 1948. They adopted it in the town of Modesto, California. It is known as the Modesto Manifesto. It has a Wikipedia entry.

The Modesto Manifesto was a set of standards for religious leaders that became notable as the signature practice among men in which they avoid spending time alone with people of the opposite sex to whom they are not married. It has additionally taken a more modern meaning as a display of integrity, a means of avoiding sexual temptation, to avoid any appearance of doing something considered morally objectionable, and to avoid being accused of sexual harassment or assault.
Created for male evangelical Protestant leaders by Billy Graham, it has been popularly known as the "Billy Graham rule." Its adoption by former U.S. Vice President Mike Pence has had it additionally nicknamed the "Mike Pence rule". The Modesto Manifesto has found a prominent foothold on Wall Street and more generally in American finance for its ability to limit the "risk" of perceived sexual impropriety.
In 1948, Graham held a series of evangelistic meetings in Modesto, California. Together with Cliff Barrows, Grady Wilson and George Beverly Shea, he resolved to "avoid any situation that would have even the appearance of compromise or suspicion". The accountability agreement, which has become known as the "Modesto Manifesto", covered not only their interactions with women, but also commitments to integrity with respect to:

finances,
their interactions with local churches, and
publicity.
From that time onward, Graham made a point of not traveling, meeting, or eating alone with a woman other than his wife Ruth. Graham biographer Grant Wacker observed that "Over the years Graham received intense media scrutiny, but hardly anyone accused him of violating any of those four principles."
By Graham's own admission, though, he was not an absolutist in the application of the rule that now bears his name: his autobiography relates a lunch meeting with Hillary Clinton that he initially refused on the grounds that he does not eat alone with women other than his wife, but she persuaded him that they could have a private conversation in a public dining room.
It is a good rule. It applies to money as well as sex. Graham was immune from criticism on both counts."