We waz Vikangz: The Myth that won't die

Peacock
Gold Member
Mage said:
Nowak said:
The point of this thread is to kill the myth that the alt right and some in the manosphere believe that the vikings were something close to Godly, they were no better or no worse than others in Europe. They were certainly much more egalitarian culturally.

Sure thing Vikings were no better or no worse then others in Europe. They were just about as awesome as Romans. Just about as awesome as Gauls. Just about as awesome Celts. Lot's of awesome cultures coming from Europe. None of them were really egalitarian if by egalitarianism you mean approximation of modern feminism.

The feminists have a bad record of proclaiming other species or ancient cultures as feminist only to get badly refuted. Sadly many people don't hear the refutation and keep repeating the original feminist assertion. This has happened with Bonobo's, with Nepalese, with ancient Minoans, with various indigenous cultures. And now it's vikings turn.

Just look it up, yourselves. I am not doing work link searching work for anybody else. The internet and this forum also if full of refutations about various ancient cultures being egalitarian and feminist. I am not going to beat a dead horse, look it up yourselves, it's been done plenty of times.

The Romans were far more advanced as a civilization. They had concrete highrise apartment buildings, indoor plumbing, aqueducts, philosophers, advanced political and administrative systems, etc. The Vikings had fuck all besides good shipbuilding.

The Gauls absorbed many elements from Roman civilization along with Christian spiritual wisdom, and their Frank descendants were able to take over the mantle of Western civilization centuries after Rome was sacked.

911 said:
Mage said:
Nowak said:
The point of this thread is to kill the myth that the alt right and some in the manosphere believe that the vikings were something close to Godly, they were no better or no worse than others in Europe. They were certainly much more egalitarian culturally.

Sure thing Vikings were no better or no worse then others in Europe. They were just about as awesome as Romans. Just about as awesome as Gauls. Just about as awesome Celts. Lot's of awesome cultures coming from Europe. None of them were really egalitarian if by egalitarianism you mean approximation of modern feminism.

The feminists have a bad record of proclaiming other species or ancient cultures as feminist only to get badly refuted. Sadly many people don't hear the refutation and keep repeating the original feminist assertion. This has happened with Bonobo's, with Nepalese, with ancient Minoans, with various indigenous cultures. And now it's vikings turn.

Just look it up, yourselves. I am not doing work link searching work for anybody else. The internet and this forum also if full of refutations about various ancient cultures being egalitarian and feminist. I am not going to beat a dead horse, look it up yourselves, it's been done plenty of times.

The Romans were far more advanced as a civilization. They had concrete highrise apartment buildings, indoor plumbing, aqueducts, philosophers, advanced political and administrative systems, etc. The Vikings had fuck all besides good shipbuilding.

The Gauls absorbed many elements from Roman civilization along with Christian spiritual wisdom, and their Frank descendants were able to take over the mantle of Western civilization centuries after Rome was sacked.

Not this again.

Duke Castile

Crow
Gold Member
Suits said:
Mage said:
We know what you want to say - "The white people have no culture and history of themselves to be proud of. Only the Jewish faith of Christianity brought civilization and decency to the white savages. Therefore it is right that the colorful vibrant people with rich culture and history take over Europe and bring in more color and diversity"

Please kindly fuck off.

In the same way that OP's decision to start this thread suggests that he has ulterior motives, this reaction of yours tells me that you have beliefs that you'd rather not speak plainly about, but you are fearful of any facts that may undermine your beliefs, (even if those facts happen to be true).

I suspect that the fear that you have may be generated by the knowledge that there are others that would like to twist facts (even true ones) to fit their own agenda.

What concerns me, is that based on posts like the one above, I'm far from convinced that you wouldn't do the same (twist facts to fit your agenda) if it served a purpose that you believed to be good.

My reason for having these thoughts is that fact that you seem to prefer that this discussion not take place at all, rather than that the discussion take place and the true facts become clear.

To me RVF has always been a great resource for men who seek better understanding and knowledge, because the discussion here allow the truth to become clear, as different members contribute from their experience and learning.

If you disagree with the fundamental facts on which the articles that OP posted are based, why not challenge those rather than attack the right of OP to start the conversation in the first place?

It's not like OP is some newbie without a solid rep count and who has failed to establish himself by meeting other members.

You are always the first person to hall moniter someone and virtue signal about your openess to discussion but you almost NEVER add any actual substance to the actual discussion.

So let me ask you, do you have anything to add to this discussion you seem so protective over other than to project all over mage?

questor70

Ostrich
Zona said:
Just more leftist propaganda to convince modern whites, particularly those of Germanic stock, that even our ancestors were all about muh diversity and inclusiveness.

Reminds me of Morgan Freeman being shoehorned into Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. That was SJW revisionism before it was identified as a thing.

https://film.avclub.com/23-years-after-its-release-robin-hood-prince-of-thiev-1798272872

giphy-downsized.gif

Mage said:
spydersuit said:
Hannibal said:
Nowak said:

What we know of the Vikings as cultural egalitarians is generally just guesswork and it's guesswork done by the kinds of people who go into soft sciences like archaeology;

Hmm. I bet these people score higher on an IQ test than you

midwit level retards who can secure student loans.

I have degrees in social science, engineering, and life science, and have worked in academia for years. This is typically not the case. Most people with Ph.D.s get paid to obtain them and these are the people you attempt to bash. In fact, many research archaeologists and anthropologists start around 80-90k a year

Read about any old culture and take a shot every time they write "religious ritual" and you'll be fucking dead after a couple paragraphs.

Have any evidence of this from a peer reviewed journal? Scientists do not write in the way you suggest. You are getting your scientific information from the media. The media fucks up science on a regular basis

These are the same kinds of people who deduced that European women from the Bronze age were "key to exploration" based on the fact that her skeletal remains were found 300 miles from her birth place. :tard:

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-b...hanging-cultural-ideas-as-men-stayed-at-home/

You cited a news article. Not the paper. Don't get mad at the scientists because you cited a news article. Also, these people used some very advanced scientific methods from "hard" science. I don't think you know what you are talking about (here is the paper): http://www.shh.mpg.de/607527/mobile-women

The fact that an American history class 30 years ago sounds so much different than one taken today tells me that historians, archaeologists, and all people involved with recording how people lived their lives have an axe to grind and an agenda to push.

When was the last time that you took an American History class?

So color me skeptical when it comes to any historical claims on gender roles or cultural phenomenon or what-have-you on cultures that didn't write shit down, especially ones that have been dead for so long they can't argue.

After examining your purported facts, I am skeptical of everything you write.

Hey professor with high IQ and lifetime in academia! How about you learn to format your post and quotes correctly?

Too busy for that shit. :tard: FYI: I also own a multimillion dollar company and was in the Army for 8 years.

Audi 5000

Hannibal said:
spydersuit said:
Hannibal said:
What we know of the Vikings as cultural egalitarians is generally just guesswork and it's guesswork done by the kinds of people who go into soft sciences like archaeology;

Hmm. I bet these people score higher on an IQ test than you

Anything is possible.

midwit level retards who can secure student loans.

I have degrees in social science, engineering, and life science, and have worked in academia for years. This is typically not the case. Most people with Ph.D.s get paid to obtain them and these are the people you attempt to bash. In fact, many research archaeologists and anthropologists start around 80-90k a year

I have degrees in physics, mathematics and mechanical engineering and I've spent a long enough time in academia to know that the soft sciences are soft for a reason. That's the first time I've ever mentioned my credentials on the forum because I do not feel the need to wave my dick around.

Precisely, my lettered chum. The people with Ph.D's get paid to obtain them. What better way to get paid to "discover" history than to put a progressive spin on old news? What might have been a dissertation on the first use of the submarine in American warfare is now a breakdown of gender roles in colonial society. The favored target for all the progressive shit are cultures and societies that never wrote anything down.

Read about any old culture and take a shot every time they write "religious ritual" and you'll be fucking dead after a couple paragraphs.

Have any evidence of this from a peer reviewed journal? Scientists do not write in the way you suggest. You are getting your scientific information from the media. The media fucks up science on a regular basis

"Scientists" also fuck up their "scientific information" on a regular basis as well. I'm sure you've heard of the "replication crisis".

These are the same kinds of people who deduced that European women from the Bronze age were "key to exploration" based on the fact that her skeletal remains were found 300 miles from her birth place. :tard:

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-b...hanging-cultural-ideas-as-men-stayed-at-home/

You cited a news article. Not the paper. Don't get mad at the scientists because you cited a news article. Also, these people used some very advanced scientific methods from "hard" science. I don't think you know what you are talking about (here is the paper): http://www.shh.mpg.de/607527/mobile-women

Sure I cited the news article. What you posted says the same thing. Hilariously, what you posted also does not contain the article in question. From what I can gather, there isn't a public version of the text. There isn't even an abstract.

http://pubman.mpdl.mpg.de/pubman/faces/viewItemOverviewPage.jsp?itemId=escidoc:2475207:1

All you get is the title of "Female exogamy and gene pool diversification at the transition from the final neolithic to the early Bronze Age in central Europe" and that's it.

To answer your comment on the "advanced methods from hard science", a retard with a super computer is still a retard.

The fact that an American history class 30 years ago sounds so much different than one taken today tells me that historians, archaeologists, and all people involved with recording how people lived their lives have an axe to grind and an agenda to push.

When was the last time that you took an American History class?

2011, and I passed with an A because I took the stance that everything the white man ever did was wrong and oppressive. Easiest A I ever got to be honest. I distinctly remember getting 100% on one exam because I said that women were oppressed because they had to stay at home and take care of children. My professor was a feminist woman and it's common practice to tailor your essays to the prejudices of the professor.

So color me skeptical when it comes to any historical claims on gender roles or cultural phenomenon or what-have-you on cultures that didn't write shit down, especially ones that have been dead for so long they can't argue.

After examining your purported facts and I am skeptical of everything you write.

I don't care.

I also do not expect you to have the same viewpoint about academia as I do, as you've said that you were employed in academia. Butter meet bread.

Response in red.

Here is how I talk to my average grad student:

Great work!; however, you did not address the finer points of my argument and went off topic. Grade: C

zigZag

Kingfisher
Speaking of Vikangz, Next week they will be playing vs the Saints. It's going to be a good game. Let's all cheer for our favorite Symbol of strength and masculinity. Let the purple rain brothers.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Kona said:
Now, we come to Volvo. A proud Swedish company run by the descendants of Viking warriors. I had an issue with one of their products. Members of their technical support staff, Mohammed, Mohammed, Ahmed, and Mohammed worked very hard to help me. When the issue wasn't resolved, I had to go up the ladder to Mohammed, Ahmed, and Mohammed in management.

:mindblown2:

:laugh:

:potd:

flanders

Robin
spydersuit said:

What does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to prove that there are people out there who waste ten to fifteen years of their lives and rack up 50-100k in deferred loan debt to make less than entry level engineers with bachelor's degrees or pipeline welders with a six week certification?

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
spydersuit said:
Too busy for that shit. :tard: FYI: I also own a multimillion dollar company and was in the Army for 8 years.

Audi 5000

It's been a while since I've heard "Audi 5000" as a sendoff.

I remember when "Talk to the hand" took that one down.

Spydersuit, you are all that and a bag of chips.

Aloha!

questor70 said:
Zona said:
Just more leftist propaganda to convince modern whites, particularly those of Germanic stock, that even our ancestors were all about muh diversity and inclusiveness.

Reminds me of Morgan Freeman being shoehorned into Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. That was SJW revisionism before it was identified as a thing.

https://film.avclub.com/23-years-after-its-release-robin-hood-prince-of-thiev-1798272872

giphy-downsized.gif

That and the film attributes several inventions to Arabs that Arabs didn't invent.

Suits

Fisto said:
Suits said:
In the same way that OP's decision to start this thread suggests that he has ulterior motives, this reaction of yours tells me that you have beliefs that you'd rather not speak plainly about, but you are fearful of any facts that may undermine your beliefs, (even if those facts happen to be true).

If you disagree with the fundamental facts on which the articles that OP posted are based, why not challenge those rather than attack the right of OP to start the conversation in the first place?

It's not like OP is some newbie without a solid rep count and who has failed to establish himself by meeting other members.

You are always the first person to hall moniter someone and virtue signal about your openess to discussion but you almost NEVER add any actual substance to the actual discussion.

So let me ask you, do you have anything to add to this discussion you seem so protective over other than to project all over mage?

I'm sure if you spent more time on threads where people talk about things that they are doing (entrepreneurship-focused business threads) instead of threads where people talk about things that they wished would happen (politics threads), you'd see more of my substantive posts.

Good call accusing me of projection. As every 10 year old Internet troll knows, this elite level insult is perfect for those times that you want to sound deep and level an attack that makes so little logical sense that no one can respond rationally to it.

Very clever.

Duke Castile

Crow
Gold Member
It wasn’t an insult, it’s what you habitually do and Mage’s reasonable reply to you is evidence of it.

I’ll take your answer to my question of “do you actually have anything to add the discussion”? as a “No”.

Thanks suits have a great day ;)

Duke Castile

Crow
Gold Member
Kona said:
spydersuit said:

Audi 5000

It's been a while since I've heard "Audi 5000" as a sendoff.

I remember when "Talk to the hand" took that one down.

Spydersuit, you are all that and a bag of chips.

Aloha!

Spydersuit pwned him

zigZag

Kingfisher
Atlanta Man said:
I own a multidollar business and was in ROTC for one semester in 1988. Top That Mutherfuckers!

Okay i'm out... such success cannot be topped. You probably have MMX or Vox Day Level IQ Atlanta Man... I kneel before you

RexImperator

Crow
Gold Member
This thread reminds me of the Mussolini vs. Hitler debate. :laugh: It's all been argued before:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism
After antagonism exploded between Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy over the assassination of Austrian Chancellor Dollfuss in 1934, Mussolini and Italian fascists denounced and ridiculed Nazism's racial theories, particularly by denouncing its Nordicism, while promoting Mediterraneanism.[248] Mussolini himself responded to Nordicists' claims of Italy being divided into Nordic and Mediterranean racial areas due to Germanic invasions of Northern Italy by claiming that while Germanic tribes such as the Lombards took control of Italy after the fall of Ancient Rome, they arrived in small numbers (about 8,000) and quickly assimilated into Roman culture and spoke the Latin language within fifty years.[250] Italian fascism was influenced by the tradition of Italian nationalists scornfully looking down upon Nordicists' claims and taking pride in comparing the age and sophistication of ancient Roman civilization as well as the classical revival in the Renaissance to that of Nordic societies that Italian nationalists described as "newcomers" to civilization in comparison.[247] At the height of antagonism between the Nazis and Italian fascists over race, Mussolini claimed that the Germans themselves were not a pure race and noted with irony that the Nazi theory of German racial superiority was based on the theories of non-German foreigners, such as Frenchman Arthur de Gobineau.[251] After the tension in German-Italian relations diminished during the late 1930s, Italian fascism sought to harmonize its ideology with German Nazism and combined Nordicist and Mediterranean racial theories, noting that Italians were members of the Aryan Race, composed of a mixed Nordic-Mediterranean subtype.