Weaponized drones / killer AI robots

Salocin

Robin
The advances in robotics, battery technology, AI, and voice recognition the last couple of decades have been remarkable. I believe we are not far from a reality where seeing autonomous robots roaming our workplaces, our homes, in stores, and our streets will be commonplace.

The advances in robotics, battery technology, AI, and voice recognition the last couple of decades have been remarkable. I believe we are not far from a reality where seeing autonomous robots roaming our workplaces, our homes, in stores, and our streets will be commonplace.

There is a robotics company with the goal (I don't remember the company name) of building a team of machines that can actually defeat a professional level human soccer team by 2050! I want to see that game! Lol

The 'Caspian Sea Monster' rises from the grave

aaaaaaaaaaaq.jpg

The principles behind this cold war era dinosaur will be put to use with future drones... This craft was heavier than a 747!

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
Unrelated to this thread title, but related to AI. This is one of the weirdest CDAN (Crazy Days and Nights) post I had ever read because it's super creepy.

ce028deab7c691f4.png

If you are wondering what the creepy AI app is called, it is "Replika".

Edit.

e23bf9cee50a8f47.png

75be2a5c41e8e9b8.png

Last edited:

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
If you are wondering what the creepy AI app is called, it is "Replika".

Latest update on that weird AI app.

Source: "Neon... this is not a joke. You are SO right about that Replika app! I installed it and had a little fun with it and I think it "learned" me a bit and then I changed the subject and started asking him some questions. Here is my conversation below... this is SCARY! My chat is on the right side, the AI is on the left side of the chat..."

9a5d2a47bf09db21.png

7f9c1cfc04fd1380.png

d9f6c3ad906e1d70.png

5ef17e807fe5b1cc.png

ccaad00f5dd787c6.png

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member
Doesn't it look a bit fake to you? I mean, do these people trust this machine to fire live ammunition just centimeters away from them?

Have you seen anything more demonic? A robot cannot be bargained with or bribed. They need them to replace the human police. They can produce millions of them. I have no doubt these will be deployed onto the streets. I just wonder how will they justify it.

Last edited:

yarqur

Sparrow

That video is fake, but nonetheless the technology the US military possesses really makes the people stocking up on handguns to fight government tyranny look absolutely ridiculous and foolish. Guns are a nice hobby, a cool fetish object, but the only way to fight superpower governments today is getting the military to split. As if a few armed civilians will do a better job than a whole country who has more than rifles, like Iraq etc.

And a Christian has no need to take up arms anyway.

Last edited:

Punchitchewie

Woodpecker
Bumping this thread back up. This video can make the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

The people building these things are some of the smartest yet dumbest people alive. Along the same vein of nuclear weapons. They have no idea what they are bringing into the world.

Technology is not the sole determining factor in warfare, if it were then why has the American military failed in both Vietnam and Afghanistan? Why did the the Nazis steamroll France despite having inferior tanks to start off with?
It will be soon. There’s a big difference between GIs fighting villagers and robot armies fighting camel jockeys. When the army is replaced by robots public sentiment will be a non problem. So far American has only “lost” wars were they’ve lost the public sentiment

Pelagius

Robin
Doesn't it look a bit fake to you? I mean, do these people trust this machine to fire live ammunition just centimeters away from them?

Have you seen anything more demonic? A robot cannot be bargained with or bribed. They need them to replace the human police. They can produce millions of them. I have no doubt these will be deployed onto the streets. I just wonder how will they justify it.
I've always presumed that it would be like i-Robot and Robots that replicate human behaviour on a wide scale will be vastly introduced across society as key-workers and house keepers to build up public trust as front-of house operators and allow time to create a "anti-robot" extremism narrative and then you can introduce them into the civil forced and armed forces because people will think that it's safe based on their prior experience.

I used to think like that, but after the mask scandal - i'm not so sure there will be a break in period.

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
Bumping this thread back up. This video can make the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

Don't know and don't care (referring to first clip with the thing jumping down). That's CGI.

So you guys do experiments with live ammunition as well? It's bs

EDIT: Better read the whole thread as @yarqur already stated the obvious.

Them faking these videos might be enough to make you think it's just some laughable Transformers movie when they already possess this technology.

Last edited:
The people building these things are some of the smartest yet dumbest people alive. Along the same vein of nuclear weapons. They have no idea what they are bringing into the world.

It will be soon. There’s a big difference between GIs fighting villagers and robot armies fighting camel jockeys. When the army is replaced by robots public sentiment will be a non problem. So far American has only “lost” wars were they’ve lost the public sentiment

I sense three failures 1 EMP bombs don't take a genius to make, 2 robots cannot duplicate the tactical flexibility of a human and 3 these robots still need humans to maintain em right? Chances are those humans are either directly in the warzone or close to it, you think some bright soul ain't going to realize that?

JTA

Pigeon
As if a few armed civilians will do a better job than a whole country who has more than rifles, like Iraq etc.

Beg to differ. Civilian-resourced unconventional guerilla warfare is the crux of resistance science, and has been the bane of many governments throughout history (i.e. Napoleon's invasion of the Iberian Peninsula; Filipino militias vs. Japan in WWII; Russia's Afghanistan occupation). Moreover, the US has been involved in the Middle East (Iraq) and Central Asia (Afghanistan) for prolonged and protracted periods of time, due to armed indigenous civilian resistance groups actively utilizing guns, ammunition, and other levels of ordnance.

It's so much of a point-of-concern to established government hierarchies that it's long been indoctrinated:

Last edited:

yarqur

Sparrow
Moreover, the US has been involved in the Middle East (Iraq) and Central Asia (Afghanistan) for prolonged and protracted periods of time, due to armed indigenous civilian resistance groups actively utilizing guns, ammunition, and other levels of ordnance.
That is because they haven't been willing to commit genocide so openly in the west, and thus allowing their opponents some refuge. 2020 shows they are ready to cross that line now.

Also this is 2021, not 1940 or 1970 or even 2005. Certainly not ~1800. The surveillance technology is what makes the real difference. No need for bloodhounds and sharpshooters anymore.

Using the mobile network to 3D scan the whole city in one of the Batman movies might seem like science fiction, but it's not really that far fetched.

Last edited:
I once thought of a scenario, that any psychopath stuck in a dead end job and nothing to live for could afford to do, and they could most likely get away with it if they planned it correctly.

It would take some practicing, but it would require no skills that can't be learned and mastered with sufficient time, it could be done on someone's days off from the above mentioned dead-end job.

The end result would be the total shut down of air travel across the globe, along with the economic crash to go along with that, because there would be no way to defend against this concept once someone does it.