Weird things you noticed lately

MtnMan

Woodpecker
Here is Vermont, there has been a rash of old Church Fires (including a church that my wife's grandfather had donated a ton of time and money to) and most recently a town grange fire. Now I know these are all old buildings, and probably have very aged electrical and mechanical systems but the frequency seems more than what a standard distribution would dictate.

Elipe

Kingfisher
That is bizarre. Where I live a local company is slowly putting in fiber optic in neighborhoods and everyone is getting off the old monopoly internet over cable provider.

That old provider got the MBA treatment: got bought out, they fired all the older technicians who knew what they were doing and slashed maintenance while advertising like there was no tomorrow. When we first moved in, it took two technicians showing up to figure out how to get internet to the home, and involved running a coax cable across the alley. Called later to ask when the wire was going to be put under ground, and the reply was they had no technicians who could do that and to try calling back in a month.

So, put a toner on a buried coax cable coming up to the house, traced that line back to the cable connection in the alley, swapped wires, put a new end on the cable at the house, and we were on the buried cable. 15 minutes of work. Rolled up the cable that was across the alley, and 2+ years later it is still there.

They kept on having long outages. Once, found them working on some sort of booster in the neighborhood. What they had would not fit in the utility box, so they left it out, exposed, over night. You could see the live transformer. Guess they hoped it would not rain, a scrapper would not happen by, or curious kids would not see it. It was such a joke.

So we switched to fiber, for less money, for more speed, and it has been reliable. And that old company has sent us two pieces of junk mail every week since we switched. Plus they do a lot of on-line advertising. Everyone in this town hates them. They beg the local company to put fiber in as quickly as possible. Instead of doing something traditional like providing a good product at a reasonable price, they have a miserable, shoddy product, they milk the monopoly where they still have it, over-bill people, and advertise the crap out of it. Eventually they will go bankrupt, but will make money in the process.

I guess that is what is taught in business schools these days: how to take a previously good company and loot it to death.
Know what will keep you up at night? Just think about the fact that there will come a day when CEOs of companies like these are no longer boomers or Gen X, but millennials.

And I say this as a millennial.

It's not really a weird thing, but it is something that has caught my attention in the last days: the media here in the NL are now very much pushing the idea how great the lockdown was. It was so tranquill, no people going out and screaming in the middle of the night, nicely working from home and not from a stuffed office, so much free time etc etc. They're easing into the summer of ''less restrictions'' by now proclaiming how much people will miss the lockdown, there are seriously articles and many of them proclaiming that now. They beg for people to share their story with them in order to proclaim how fantastic and great the lockdowns were. Of course a next priming for when we go back into lockdown I estimate in october, otherwise somewhere else this fall, so they can say hey but guys the lockdown wasn't that bad aye? Was pretty good, look at all the benefits it gave us!

RalphMalph

Woodpecker
It's not really a weird thing, but it is something that has caught my attention in the last days: the media here in the NL are now very much pushing the idea how great the lockdown was. It was so tranquill, no people going out and screaming in the middle of the night, nicely working from home and not from a stuffed office, so much free time etc etc. They're easing into the summer of ''less restrictions'' by now proclaiming how much people will miss the lockdown, there are seriously articles and many of them proclaiming that now. They beg for people to share their story with them in order to proclaim how fantastic and great the lockdowns were. Of course a next priming for when we go back into lockdown I estimate in october, otherwise somewhere else this fall, so they can say hey but guys the lockdown wasn't that bad aye? Was pretty good, look at all the benefits it gave us!
Mass media exercising there self-proclaimed right to sway public opinion, and getting paid handsomely by a cabal for doing so.

I've noticed most of those 65 and older that have gotten gene therapy in my area have suddenly become rather aggressive and pissed off. It's like they have no control over what they say anymore...something more common with much older people. Seems like it is having an effect on them mentally. Maybe 2020 just broke them and there is no connection. Not sure...

I've noticed a lot of military helicopters flying around whereas I used to see them maybe like once a year.
Yes, definitely spending the extra dollar on that fuel doing holding patterns and out & back sorties when the plebs are suffering to make their rounds with a monthly gas budget, what a waste. My estimate is that certain groups are being trained for war games and new patrols in relation to the United States' (((transition to UN control))). Everything that has been happening militarily is being done for this point, with the corequisite of weakening the general effectiveness of the US armed forces across the board.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
Shout laundry stain remover gel is completely unavailable in America, and has been for a year.

I went in to the dollar store as they were listed as one of the retailers selling the product. The laundry aisle was about 85 to 90% cleaned out! I tend to stock up on household stuff (I buy razor blades 100 at a time and haven't needed toilet paper in over a year) and assumed all that shortage stuff people were freaking out about at the beginning of the pandemic was long over. It's not.

Target shelves weren't quite as empty for laundry detergent (about 50% full) but still no Shout.
Their toilet paper aisle was almost empty.

What is going on? Are toilet paper factories cutting back production? Are people pooping more than normal? Why would any of this be happening?

Amazon claims they will have a delivery of Shout in 4 months, but I mean, how could you predict that far out?
It has a perfect 5 star rating and is their top seller. And they have been sold out for months.

I found a reddit article from months ago confirming this is a long term issue:

Of course, if you go and research these companies that are selling record low amounts of their product, you will find their stock prices have doubled from a year ago. That's clown world for you.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that a large coal power plant near my location is shutting down 2 years earlier than they projected. I know someone who works there, they are basically letting the units break without fixing them. Apparently switching over to renewables even though (Let's say I totally think that renewables could replace coal power, which they could "In theory") I KNOW that there currently is not an infrastructure. I guess a lot of places get there power and electric from out of state anyway, but it feeds into the idea that there may be a Blackout operation happening here very soon. Probably missing the mark, but we are talking about weird things we notice so. Anybody have any similar reports?

Shout laundry stain remover gel is completely unavailable in America, and has been for a year.

I went in to the dollar store as they were listed as one of the retailers selling the product. The laundry aisle was about 85 to 90% cleaned out! I tend to stock up on household stuff (I buy razor blades 100 at a time and haven't needed toilet paper in over a year) and assumed all that shortage stuff people were freaking out about at the beginning of the pandemic was long over. It's not.

Target shelves weren't quite as empty for laundry detergent (about 50% full) but still no Shout.
Their toilet paper aisle was almost empty.

What is going on? Are toilet paper factories cutting back production? Are people pooping more than normal? Why would any of this be happening?

Amazon claims they will have a delivery of Shout in 4 months, but I mean, how could you predict that far out?
It has a perfect 5 star rating and is their top seller. And they have been sold out for months.

I found a reddit article from months ago confirming this is a long term issue:

Of course, if you go and research these companies that are selling record low amounts of their product, you will find their stock prices have doubled from a year ago. That's clown world for you.
Sounds like supply chain issues. The world’s economies are far more connected than ever and everyone is becoming way too reliant on China. Ford has a shortage of F150s at dealerships right now but the factory(s) that produce them are standstill. However, the production lines and parking lots outside of these factories are full of brand new F150s. The only thing these brand new trucks are missing & waiting on, is a small chip that’s imported into Ford’s US plants from Asia, I believe.

On a personal note, I went to buy a replacement microwave from Sears. They were completely out of THEIR OWN BRAND (Kenmore) of microwaves & other appliances. Not just this particular store....but nationwide. Something is definitely going on.

Dutch national anti-terror agency now lists conservative-christianity among racism, antisemitism and fascism. I see a slow paradigm shift towards more targeting of Christians, although Christians already were in the spotlight for going to church amidst the cojona measures

Saving those fat, selfish boomers was totally worth wrecking the lives of Gen Z, driving healthy, future mothers and fathers, into suicide. The lockdown is tranquil. De lockdown is delovely. All Hail Our Usurper Overlord, Regent Joseph, who is keeping the seat warm for a certain pair of heels.

Dutch national anti-terror agency now lists conservative-christianity among racism, antisemitism and fascism. I see a slow paradigm shift towards more targeting of Christians, although Christians already were in the spotlight for going to church amidst the cojona measures

You're correct on all counts. They need to otherize all of us if they're to enact the full power of their stinky, eschatonic globohomo LARP which will crash and burn quicker than their weak theologies.

Christians have been in the Spotlight much earlier, heh. Hellyweird's big mistake was trying to tar and feather the Schismatic Church for pedophilia, when they had an even greater preponderance of pedophiles.
This new attack of being racist and antisemitic and fascist will also be the end of the ashkeNAZI control system. Just like with pedophila, they are smearing now the whole of the church with these claims.
Which means that they themselves embody all of those elements, and are projecting them onto us. They are racist against Christian Nations. They are antisemitic every time they open their mouths to an Orthodox man, because we are Hebrews, and they are pretenders, the true anti-semites. I am an antesemite, an Israelite, an ally that the Maccabees called out to to save their orthodoxy from the pagans of my own people.
I don't think I need to provide any rhetoric at all on the fascist angle. We all know who the true fascists are.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
Sounds like supply chain issues. The world’s economies are far more connected than ever and everyone is becoming way too reliant on China. Ford has a shortage of F150s at dealerships right now but the factory(s) that produce them are standstill. However, the production lines and parking lots outside of these factories are full of brand new F150s. The only thing these brand new trucks are missing & waiting on, is a small chip that’s imported into Ford’s US plants from Asia, I believe.

On a personal note, I went to buy a replacement microwave from Sears. They were completely out of THEIR OWN BRAND (Kenmore) of microwaves & other appliances. Not just this particular store....but nationwide. Something is definitely going on.
Yes, and GDP is down by one THIRD but most stocks I have looked at doubled in the past year. Freaking clown world.

The weird thing about the stain remover is it's basically just all easy obtainable household ingredients: ammonia, baking soda, and liquid dish soap. The supposedly superior capitalistic super flexible model somehow can't ramp up production of these ingredients, all of which are available in bulk at my local home depot? If I wasn't super busy with work, I would just start making my own and selling them for $10 a bottle and calling it local and gluten free. It feels like we are living in Soviet Russia where the shelves are empty for months and no one in the bureaucracy does anything about it.

I guess the US is not very anti-fragile at all.