Weird things you noticed lately

Bird

Kingfisher
YouTube videos I could previously watch, such as Rammstein's Sonne with two hundred million views suddenly needs an age verification. The other thing is that the age verification in recent years now requires giving your credit card details! So no, I didn't, and in the past I have definitely watched a thing or two through my YouTube account which needed an age verification but never a credit card number, until recently.
You can still download age-gated videos with youtube-dl.

Normally firefox deletes all cookies on exit, but I happened to be logged into a google account and suddenly an online clothing store is asking me if I want to visit the page of my home country or the country where I currently am. For a moment I wondered how it possibly knew then realised I had written google reviews for some things in my home country.
If you haven't disabled fingerprinting in your browser you will still be tracked, no matter weather there are cookies or not.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
Who would take a Blue Pill from a stranger telling you that the Blue Pill will just make everything continue to stay normal?!?

Our whole side of the philosophical universe should only have the Red Pill, and no Blue Pill, and we ought to reference Total Recall, not the Matrix!

I think the Blue Pill is real. We can see right now how many people are actually intentionally deciding not to see what is going on. It is a decision to remain ignorant. This is what Neo was faced with.

Remember, before he took the red pill, he hadn't seen either. Potentially, if he took the blue pill, he would have been committing himself to not knowing.

Easy_C

Peacock

If you haven't disabled fingerprinting in your browser you will still be tracked, no matter weather there are cookies or not.
Theoretically, but I’ve had the displeasure of doing an audit on the other side of that where I looked at fingerprinting and it isn’t always enough to validate if it’s correct.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Gold Member

Oh no! Had never heard of fingerprinting but have wondered if installs have some kind of unique ID. That's terrible :( What is wrong with the world.. Will do some reading about that it looks like firefox may have to go and firefox esr replace it with that hack.

Something I have really wanted to know is if Mozilla Thunderbird adds some kind of fingerprint for an install to sent emails, as that would mean that multiple accounts have some kind of ID in them. I think not, but as you mention here a similar stink in Mozilla's browser, it would not be surprising if it was in their email program.

I actually recently did quite a detailed hack in Thunderbird to increase it's privacy, but not that it was something else.

I was at the airport this past weekend and I noticed signs saying, "Get your Real ID now". Looking at the Homeland Security website they didn't provide any substantial information on the id that they were offererig . But I ended up finding some decent videos on it on Youtube.

Are they throwing Gill under the bus?

A sudden burst of negative publicity. Usually this is done to get rid of someone. Could be that he's played his role, what do you think?

Easy_C

Peacock
Not sure if “Weird” buuut.

I hopped on Threadless and was astounded at how much the quality of the art has gone down. When I found out about it on 2015 there were a lot of designs which had bold color plays, creative imagery, or plays on tropes.

Now they’re all bland, ugly colors, crappy “irony” and virtue signaling garbage.

Hannibal

Ostrich
Gold Member
Are they throwing Gill under the bus?

A sudden burst of negative publicity. Usually this is done to get rid of someone. Could be that he's played his role, what do you think?

My guess is he had political aspirations and the MSM borg caught wind of it and decided to squash him early.

Huginn

Pigeon
Might not fit in the weird category but I've definitely noticed that companies have put up a lot of gay rainbow flags in my country since last week. I'm aware that the month of June has been declared by media and corporations as "Pride Month" but when I look at the calender it is still May 2021 as of now. So, why do the flags pop up earlier? I fear, that it has never been about "having just a month to raise awareness for gays".

jollycynic

Sparrow
Might not fit in the weird category but I've definitely noticed that companies have put up a lot of gay rainbow flags in my country since last week. I'm aware that the month of June has been declared by media and corporations as "Pride Month" but when I look at the calender it is still May 2021 as of now. So, why do the flags pop up earlier? I fear, that it has never been about "having just a month to raise awareness for gays".
Gay creep will soon exceed even American style Christmas creep.

BookMark

Chicken
There are people in my neighborhood that will walk without a mask, and when when they are about to pass another person, they walk to the other side of the street, hold their breath, and put on their mask until they pass. I am just absolutely confused by this. I walk the neighborhood every day and it happens a few times a month. Have people really been that indoctrinated about this whole thing?

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
My mailbox has been getting handwritten offers from different "investor"-groups who are offering to pay cash for the house; no commission, fast sale, house in any condition. Always bottom-signed by multiple people, first name only.

I wonder if the Covid-19 hysteria is fuelling some sort of new 'blockbusting' endeavor.

They want to wholesale your house. They get it under contract for say 60k, then turn around and flip the contract to a rehabber for 70k. These are the same people that put signs up on the side of the road saying "Will buy your house in any condition for cash."

Jestx

Robin
I personally haven't gotten the Vax yet (probably like most here), so I still have to abide by the mask "rules" for the "unvaxxed" (the great unwashed).

So ironically, most of the Lib-leaners actually see me as MORE intense about Covid prevention than they are and they seem to subconsiously "respect" my masking decision without question. Anyone else experience similar?

Nordwand

Kingfisher
There are people in my neighborhood that will walk without a mask, and when when they are about to pass another person, they walk to the other side of the street, hold their breath, and put on their mask until they pass. I am just absolutely confused by this. I walk the neighborhood every day and it happens a few times a month. Have people really been that indoctrinated about this whole thing?
See my comment in the lounge thread about people swerving onto the other side of the road, when masked up, and alone, in cars.

Nordwand

Kingfisher
They want to wholesale your house. They get it under contract for say 60k, then turn around and flip the contract to a rehabber for 70k. These are the same people that put signs up on the side of the road saying "Will buy your house in any condition for cash."
Getting these in the UK as well.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
I personally haven't gotten the Vax yet (probably like most here), so I still have to abide by the mask "rules" for the "unvaxxed" (the great unwashed).

So ironically, most of the Lib-leaners actually see me as MORE intense about Covid prevention than they are and they seem to subconsiously "respect" my masking decision without question. Anyone else experience similar?

How do people know you aren't vaxxed?

On a related note, I've been seeing signs in the stores that I have frequented the last year without a mask reading "vaccinated can now shop here without a mask." I guess I was unwittingly breaking the rules, but I never saw any giant signs saying a mask is required, so whatever.

DeWoken

Robin
Oh no! Had never heard of fingerprinting but have wondered if installs have some kind of unique ID. That's terrible :( What is wrong with the world.. Will do some reading about that it looks like firefox may have to go and firefox esr replace it with that hack.

Something I have really wanted to know is if Mozilla Thunderbird adds some kind of fingerprint for an install to sent emails, as that would mean that multiple accounts have some kind of ID in them. I think not, but as you mention here a similar stink in Mozilla's browser, it would not be surprising if it was in their email program.

I actually recently did quite a detailed hack in Thunderbird to increase it's privacy, but not that it was something else.
I don't use Mozilla software anymore, they are very pozzed. Brave works for me.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I don't use Mozilla software anymore, they are very pozzed. Brave works for me.
I see, had a read. Yes, it's not just the code or open source, but the people behind these projects as well. Well he'll be hopefully keeping brave then free of such abominations. I have both installed at the moment.