Weird things you noticed lately

Solitarius

Sparrow
Yeah the unavailability of so much stuff is very confusing. I hear these stories about container ships that used to take 1 month to arrive from abroad now take 4. Because apparently there is huge congestion unloading them? I mean if that is true, can't we get the navy involved in taking the ships from port to docking bay? But I'm suspicious of all these things anyway.

I've found in general no one can explain anything without resorting to buzzwords (this has been an issue for years but gotten much worse in the pandemic).

it's because of the global supply chain.
It's because of the market.
It's because of the pandemic.
It's because of the chip shortage (not a buzzword but doesn't explain anything)

People just throw around these buzzwords all the time. I first noticed it when dating a doctor. She absolutely could not explain things in plain language (ie renal failure means your kidneys stop working correctly). People like this are low intelligence.
I think this is one of the reasons our (((masters))) have caused so many acronyms to be put into common use, starting with small children in the schools; it gets them used to simply parroting a pavlovian response to any question or point raised to them rather than thinking about or really understanding the thing. To use a term from 1984 they're doubleplusgood duck-speakers ha ha.

Easy_C

Peacock
A lot of this isn't too hard to understand from a logistics perspective.

Basically, too much stuff trying to fit through a funnel that's too small. China has full production capacity and we've dramatically cut back our own ability to process and transport that stuff....so it's causing backlogs, which in turn cause more backlogs further up the value chain...and so on.

Think of the following analogy: An Assembly line for candy that has two wrapping machines set up on the line and candy is split between the two of those machines to operate at full capacity. Then one of them goes down: not only will you have a backlog at that machine, but the overflow will eventually back up the entire line.

To probably PARTIALLY explain shipping issues: I know in the U.S. there is widespread striking on the part of truckers (that transport and deliver), due to vaccine mandates. Very likely, bucking against the vaccine mandates in many areas of the shipping/transportation chain is a global phenomena.

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Basically, too much stuff trying to fit through a funnel that's too small. China has full production capacity and we've dramatically cut back our own ability to process and transport that stuff....so it's causing backlogs, which in turn cause more backlogs further up the value chain...and so on.

Think of the following analogy: An Assembly line for candy that has two wrapping machines set up on the line and candy is split between the two of those machines to operate at full capacity. Then one of them goes down: not only will you have a backlog at that machine, but the overflow will eventually back up the entire line.
The only reason the port of long beach and Los Angeles can't move fast enough is entirely because of the unions, their assine labor restrictions, and the infamous cali NIMBYs who won't let the ports expand without a decade long (((environmental impact study))). I'd love to get a job unloading stuff from ships but can't because the ILWU requires me to get unionized first and then and only then can I apply for longshoreman jobs. Except i'm white so sadly I won't be getting a card at all.

I have a gut feeling that these unions are purposefully slowing down and not hiring to clog import channels in an effort to help spur domestic factory creation in a sort of silly keynesian ivory tower way. The truck driving shortage would be solved if they would stop testing for marijuana.

DeWoken

Robin
The truck driving shortage would be solved if they would stop testing for marijuana.
Maybe there is good data to show that pot smokers do not make good truckers. Alex Berenson, lately of anti-Covid fame, has done research into the undesirable effects of cannabis.

The oligarchs be testing out various buttons and levers to mess with us :boring:

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Maybe there is good data to show that pot smokers do not make good truckers. Alex Berenson, lately of anti-Covid fame, has done research into the undesirable effects of cannabis.

The oligarchs be testing out various buttons and levers to mess with us :boring:
The only reason it's banned is because it's on the controlled substances list. Another government pain in the @55.

Edek

Robin
Orthodox Catechumen
My gym also has this garbage on by default.
Some people have fancy headphones to block it out. I take it to the next level: earplugs plus builder's hearing protection. I look like a boss: all the girls stare at me. Sure, my ears fill up with gunk after a while, but it's better than listening to the sound of psychological warfare.