Weird things you noticed lately

Towgunner

Kingfisher
It's funny, I've noticed the loose pants on women trend as well. I was telling my wife that they resemble boot cut jeans that men used to wear during the 00's before it became "unfashionable."

Right, and its as if you can hear the rhetoric playing in the background. Lets make women's pants looser because, you know, yoga pants are too revealing, and what about the whole women aren't sex objects/male gaze etc. If its wrong to sexualize women/male gaze el at, then, why would it be right to sexualize men? Interestingly, my wife commented that some of the new skinny cuts "show off" certain parts of the male anatomy, which makes them sort of popular with women. This makes me think..."they" make women wear looser things so they look less sexy because of objectification and all that, but then at the same time, make men wear revealing items, therefore, sexualizing them? Once again, contradictions. That being said, it achieves the desired effects...1. men become more feminized and 2. they can now be the object of sexual fantasy the same way women have been (revenge). Again, its all so darn diabolical. Indeed, this is the intention behind all this. It's so pathetic but at the same time just vile. These people are really twisted. Of course, lets not forget about the homosexual component here too. They certainly welcome any chance to see more men in revealing clothes etc. But, again and not to be redundant, if sexualizing people is bad then why is it only okay to do that to only men now?

In all honestly, this look isn't very sexy at all. It has no aesthetic whatsoever, but, what can you expect from a fashion trend created by an ideology and not actual market demand. I recall the 1990s...loose was all the rage. Now, it went a little too far, but, loose pants are more practical for men. We have or anatomical differences and need space. Skinny jeans make no such allowances. Plus, they tend to be low cut around the waist, so, there's no way to do any real work without having your backside come out. And above all, how in the wild world of sports did the fashion industry miss this...people everywhere are getting FATTER! Fatter...not skinnier. For Pete's sake!

You see an obese teenage boy with blue hair and painted on jeans and you just feel sorry for the poor kid. He's utterly neutered as a man. And lets talk about the realities of being both fat, lazy and wearing skin-tight jeans. Men go ripe sooner than girls. That's one of many reasons why girls wore tight things vs. men. All it takes is one BM, which said fat slob does frequently, and that gross unclean smell will become an issue. You know what I mean. And I hate bringing this up. I really do. But, this is the truth. Men take large nasty s&*ts. We stink, but, if you're somewhat hygienic and you don't wear clothes that form fit your fat body...you'll be okay. Skinny jeans...you're just inviting this embarrassing situation. But again, embarrassing men, be it unassuming teenage boys is precisely the intention of the radicals.

GreatIrishElk

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Recently I was working in a supermarket and it’s a well known tactic that they like to play feel good music to make those people buy buy buy. I realised that instead of just playing a healthy mix of the worlds most toxic tunes, they have a very specific few that they like to play on rotation.
One such song that I can’t shake from my head was by a certain Demi Lovato, the chorus is like this:

I seen the devil yeah I met him last night
One conversation now he’s staying the night
I think I love him yeah I know it ain’t right

For those of you who don’t know, Demi Lovato has had huge problems with drugs and has been in and out of rehab since her Disney channel days. I thought maybe she may have been committed to singing something slightly more positive, but I guess that’s not what’s going to pay for her lavish lifestyle.

I could talk about the lyrics but you already know.

I don’t work in that supermarket anymore.

RomikJan

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Have you guys noticed weird cringe worthy commercials lately that you know something is really off with them. Some of them are pointless which makes me think whats the real agenda here? Some of them are just insane. Two that pop in my head recently is that commercial about the tik tok video where someone discovered a whole new apartment after putting a hole in the wall and at the end they give the name of the tik tok channel. The other one begins with this woman being like welcome to my vagina in here I make the rules.

magaman

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Not so much weird but rather sad. My in-laws play the oldies 70s-80s station at their business and I notice the same songs play everyday every time I come in at roughly the same times. Sweet Dreams, Everybody Wants to Rule the World, I Love Rock and Roll, Carry on Wayward Son, Don't Stop Believing, September...and maybe a few dozen other songs that just get rotated.

Out of all those songs through the decades and you may only hear the same 50 songs every day.
I’ve noticed that the oldies station in my hometown doesn’t play 60s songs anymore. It sounds like the oldies station you’re talking about is the same way, it’s all about the 70s and 80s now. There is one station out here in Phoenix that plays some 60s stuff from time to time. I wouldn’t mind turning on the radio and jamming some Beach Boys, Grass Roots, Frank Sinatra, Temptations etc

magaman

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Have you guys noticed weird cringe worthy commercials lately that you know something is really off with them. Some of them are pointless which makes me think whats the real agenda here? Some of them are just insane. Two that pop in my head recently is that commercial about the tik tok video where someone discovered a whole new apartment after putting a hole in the wall and at the end they give the name of the tik tok channel. The other one begins with this woman being like welcome to my vagina in here I make the rules.
Yeah I’ve seen the vagina one. Just reminds me of how far society has fallen.

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I’ve noticed that the oldies station in my hometown doesn’t play 60s songs anymore. It sounds like the oldies station you’re talking about is the same way, it’s all about the 70s and 80s now. There is one station out here in Phoenix that plays some 60s stuff from time to time. I wouldn’t mind turning on the radio and jamming some Beach Boys, Grass Roots, Frank Sinatra, Temptations etc
That is quite a surprise considering how many consider the 1960's to be the best decade for modern music and there is quite a variety. Maybe if another movie like Forrest Gump comes out, it will lead to a revival in interest. It was Forrest Gump that got me interested in 1960's music and maybe the same goes for many other people.

magaman

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
That is quite a surprise considering how many consider the 1960's to be the best decade for modern music and there is quite a variety. Maybe if another movie like Forrest Gump comes out, it will lead to a revival in interest. It was Forrest Gump that got me interested in 1960's music and maybe the same goes for many other people.
For me it was my best friend that introduced me to it when I was still a kid. He and his parents used to jam out to the 60s stuff and at first I wasn’t sold on it but as I got older I started appreciating it a lot more.

thetruewhitenorth

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I've noticed how outside Christmas lawn decor is almost identical everywhere - same inflatable Santas, rain deers, candy canes, grenades and so on.

I understand that there are only that many items that are associated with secular holiday season. What I mean is that if its say a rain deer with lights - it is mainly two - three kinds of rain deers everywhere. There's very little variety.

RomikJan

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I keep noticing that Peter Doocy is the only one that asks Terminator Jen questions. Not that I believe politics is even real. But they could do a better job to fool the masses. Bet they are dating and meet up everyday to go over the questions at Panera Bread . Jen loves the you pick 2 . Peter and Jen sitting in a tree k i s s i n g .

Denam8487

Sparrow
Catholic
I've noticed how outside Christmas lawn decor is almost identical everywhere - same inflatable Santas, rain deers, candy canes, grenades and so on.

I understand that there are only that many items that are associated with secular holiday season. What I mean is that if its say a rain deer with lights - it is mainly two - three kinds of rain deers everywhere. There's very little variety.

More broadly speaking I notice that essentially every other new house looks like this

Attachments

• 819033F6-FABB-4A27-92B1-4C86E80D773D.jpeg
    819033F6-FABB-4A27-92B1-4C86E80D773D.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 31

GreatIrishElk

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer

Ordered off Amazon with free next day delivery

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I keep noticing that Peter Doocy is the only one that asks Terminator Jen questions. Not that I believe politics is even real. But they could do a better job to fool the masses. Bet they are dating and meet up everyday to go over the questions at Panera Bread . Jen loves the you pick 2 . Peter and Jen sitting in a tree k i s s i n g .
You get the feeling that Psaki hates him. Notice her cold tone of voice when she answers him, but she has to play along and answer his questions (often without actually answering the questions). I like Doocy's way of asking questions. He politely sets them up to trip over their own hypocrisy (or show their hypocrisy by dodging the questions).

They allow Doocy there to let people feel that both sides are listened to. I think Doocy is sincere, but the US style of government is more sophisticated and sneakier than China or North Korea. Let the masses have the chance to complain and voice concerns and then just do what you want to do anyways and pretend you actually care and listen to opposing viewpoints. Psaki is brainwashed and will defend her administration even if they start throwing children off the Washington Monument as a form of child sacrifice. She would state it is necessary to reduce poverty and reduce CO2 emissions.

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
More broadly speaking I notice that essentially every other new house looks like this
Rush's song 'Subdivisions' is a must listen if you feel this way about the sameness in the suburbs. Things have not improved since the song. "Conform or be cast out" and what is funny (and mentioned on another thread) is that rebellious people with colored hair and tattoos and lip rings seem quite willing to conform in other ways. I wonder if a lot of these 'rebellious' and 'hip' folks will be buying a cookie cutter home in a deed restricted gated community in a few years.

thetruewhitenorth

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I dont know if any of you visited Christmas markets as of lately?

Me and my wife went to probably a dozen or so in the last few years before deciding not to ever go again, unless it is explicitly organized and run Christian Christmas market.

Today, I went to one just to show it to my in-laws who are visiting from abroad. Here's what I noticed based on today's and many past experiences with Christmas markets:

1. Lots of crass, vulgar words/phrases on various locally made products. For instance, one tattooed fellow was selling pillows and on one of them it said "Your secret Santa is fu***g..." in large black font. I didnt read the whole sentence, but the "F" ford was on a few pillows. Then, there were coffee cups being sold, on one of them it said "You mom need a fu***g coffee", the "F" word was not hidden by any symbols. I also saw word "deepshit" on some products sold for a bath. A lot of sexual innuendo.

2. Lots of obese, ugly, weird looking people.

3. Barely anything about Christ at a Christmas market.

4. The place emanated low energy, sad vibe.

Overall, I had an unpleasant feeling being there and felt like someone dumped a bucket of trash inside my soul. It felt nasty and disgusting.

RomikJan

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I dont know if any of you visited Christmas markets as of lately?

Me and my wife went to probably a dozen or so in the last few years before deciding not to ever go again, unless it is explicitly organized and run Christian Christmas market.

Today, I went to one just to show it to my in-laws who are visiting from abroad. Here's what I noticed based on today's and many past experiences with Christmas markets:

1. Lots of crass, vulgar words/phrases on various locally made products. For instance, one tattooed fellow was selling pillows and on one of them it said "Your secret Santa is fu***g..." in large black font. I didnt read the whole sentence, but the "F" ford was on a few pillows. Then, there were coffee cups being sold, on one of them it said "You mom need a fu***g coffee", the "F" word was not hidden by any symbols. I also saw word "deepshit" on some products sold for a bath. A lot of sexual innuendo.

2. Lots of obese, ugly, weird looking people.

3. Barely anything about Christ at a Christmas market.

4. The place emanated low energy, sad vibe.

Overall, I had an unpleasant feeling being there and felt like someone dumped a bucket of trash inside my soul. It felt nasty and disgusting.
Ive noticed the exact same thing , loaded with filth and fat obese double muzzled woman . Who havent once thought about exercising this entire time. Its easier to just double muzzle for them and continue being a fat pathetic mess.

Ive seen things like Santa F'ing rocks and BLM santas. Also gay santas.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
To add insult to injury I see people on bicyles having a face mask on against the cold and rain.
That actually works if your sinuses cannot stand cold air for some reason but the side effect is less oxygen.
I have trouble doing cardio in very cold weather, a gaiter around my face helps a ton, but I'm a lot less inclined to use one since I don't want to be seen with a mask outside and encourage that in others.
The new houses and house renovations near me (northeast/mid-atlantic) all look like a postmodern soviet bloc/modern fusion. Really horrendous stuff. One house down the road from us had a nice stone front but it's getting a second story addition and they've plastered and painted over the nice stone with some boring cream color.