Weird things you noticed lately

wojak

Pigeon
The sudden proliferation of sign language interpreters has been one of the stranger points of 2020. Despite the fact that closed captions are an objectively better way to accommodate the hard of hearing, governments and television networks are now displaying these interpreters front and center, ostensibly as a display of their virtue and boundless benevolence.

An elementary school student could give you the following reasons why closed captions are superior to sign language interpreters:
  • Not all deaf people understand sign language
  • Closed captions can be useful for everyone, including those with normal hearing
  • Sign language interpreters will deliver a lower quality translation than that achievable through closed captioning (remember the con artist signer at the Nelson Mandela memorial?)
  • Sign language interpreters are wildly distracting
When I see things like the speech in the clip below (start at 4:00 if the link doesn't automatically take you there), "clown world" is the only phrase that comes to mind.

Moral depravity, all across the board. Was it always there? I guess so, but I do see it more and more each day. I see they way children (young, middle aged and adults) treat their parents with utter disrespect when they sweat away in factories or are made a corporate slave under the thumb of someone else just so they can put food on the table. How do some of these "kids" repay their parents? Bad mouthing them, doing drugs, joining gangs, submerge themselves into the desolate pit of "it's hip" culture and so forth.

I see grown men and women acting like buffoons out in public for fame on social media. A "like" is equivalent to a hit of cocaine/heroin to these people, when in the grand scheme they are solely making a mockery of themselves. Dating apps? Don't get me started, you have women who are out here "looking for a relationship" when in reality they are "looking for attention" it's a "how many swipes can I get" competition which they most likely brag to their friends about and their behaviour is championed with "YAASSS QUEEN" stupidity.

If you want respect you have to first respect yourself and then respect others, I always see "I want to be treated as a queen" line from women, well you have to behave like one first. To many "simps" and orbiters out there that validate these woman and their abnormal behaviour thus normalizing it.

Even men of today, no self control and many indulge themselves in hedonism. Everyone seeks instant gratification, it's so sad. But most of all, I do not see as many people thanking God for the good they have done and things they have accomplished. I don't see them thanking God for being there for them through the thick and thin and whether they needed Him there or not. I'd like to have children one day, but the way the world is going would I really want to bring them into this circus? Makes me wonder.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
The sudden proliferation of sign language interpreters has been one of the stranger points of 2020. Despite the fact that closed captions are an objectively better way to accommodate the hard of hearing, governments and television networks are now displaying these interpreters front and center, ostensibly as a display of their virtue and boundless benevolence.

An elementary school student could give you the following reasons why closed captions are superior to sign language interpreters:
  • Closed captions can be useful for everyone, including those with normal hearing
  • Sign language interpreters will deliver a lower quality translation than that achievable through closed captioning (remember the con artist signer at the Nelson Mandela memorial?)
When I see things like the speech in the clip below (start at 4:00 if the link doesn't automatically take you there), "clown world" is the only phrase that comes to mind.

I've noticed this too. Sign language interpreters thick like flies at every Democrat politician news event, when as you said, the closed caption is way better, and usually already being provided.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
I've noticed this too. Sign language interpreters thick like flies at every Democrat politician news event, when as you said, the closed caption is way better, and usually already being provided.

Up until recently, I thought the signers were just or show. After this happened to Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell I believe the signing is accurate:

Aloha!

MRAll134

Pelican
Plant based foods creeping into the supermarkets I frequent. Very suspicious like they and the Vegan Activists in my area coordinate with each other.

I've noticed this too. I just picked up some roast beef slices (in a package) and it was: "18% meat protein." Um, what about the other 82%. I am sure it is a lot of soy and other fillers.

R.G.Camara

Banned

I remember when Obama was president, and our incompetent Secret Service let a guy doing fake sign language stand right next to Obama for an entire speech doing his fake sign language. On foreign soil (it was South Africa).

Think about how insane that is, and what could've happened if that nut job had let the voices in his head cause him to attack the president. Yes, I hated Obama, but this is about the SS not being able to tell the nut was a fraud and not even doing real sign language until after the entire thing was over.

Dude, who claims he knows how to sign (but all sign language people said he was doing nonsense), then admitted he was a schizophrenic and was hallucinating during the entire event.

You can watch a video of his hilarious fake sign language act here.

How many of these sign language folks are actually doing real sign language? ???

Beekeeper

Pigeon
Protestant
I have been working from home since March and live in proximity to a large surface water reservoir and water treatment plant. The water treatment plant stores chlorine on-site, and quite a large amount from hearsay and a warning siren is fitted so that in the event of a mass leak, the siren rings out and local people are told to go inside and lock all doors and windows, awaiting further instruction. I have known about it for years from discussions with neighbours and the people in the know in the community but it is not local common knowledge; there is no information online about it being stored on-site either, for obvious reasons.

The sound of the chlorine siren is unmistakable:

The air raid siren sound has been ingrained into British History as long as I can remember; it is the sound most people associate with WWII and the German bombing blitzes and is a sound that instilled fear into millions of people. Quite why they chose one of the most fear inducing sounds one can imagine I will never know, but I don't doubt that its choosing was a mere accident.

I noticed that the siren rang out throughout the first lockdown period in the UK, from early April to late May. It has been silent ever since then, until last week on the Wednesday, which also, entirely by coincidence of course, happened to be the day before the second UK lockdown commenced. It has rang out three times since then, at 1pm on last Friday, Monday and today. 1pm just happens to be when children attending the local school are finishing their lunch breaks.

Another handy coincidence in a year full of many other handy coincidences. I have discussed it with a couple of family members who also find it very strange; prior to this year, you NEVER heard it. One thing I will be doing for sure is making a note from now on every time I hear it. Maybe nothing, maybe something.

Slim Shady

Banned
Gold Member

TikTok got big around the same time as the daily COVID briefings with sign language interpreters, and I honestly would scroll down my timeline and confuse the two.

Usually, "that's a shit tiktok", or sometimes "this daily briefing is LIT!"

Jünger

Ostrich
There are some folk that are vocal about “defunding the police”, yet want to continue be able to ring the police when they get into a jam.

Find it a bit weird how people can live with this level of cognitive dissonance.

The row, in a city which saw violent protests over the summer, started when commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty asked the driver, Richmond Frost, to roll the car windows up because she felt cold.

Enhanced Eddie

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
People started to notice that they'd never actually met anyone who's had Covid-19, let alone known anyone who's died from it. So the narrative shifted to "it may not kill you, but it will definitely leave you with permanent lung damage." Of course no one knows anyone with permanent lung damage from Covid-19 either.
A friend of mine told me Covid is real because he knows a guy that got "nerve damage" from it and now has a limp leg.
So basically we're now at levels of clown world where people believe a respiratory virus can give you a limp leg.

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
I've noticed this too. I just picked up some roast beef slices (in a package) and it was: "18% meat protein." Um, what about the other 82%. I am sure it is a lot of soy and other fillers.
I notice that the local Vegan group is connected to the extinction rebellion. Like they are inherently linked cults.

Its like the activists put up a show. To enable the powers that be to do what they already want to do.

MRAll134

Pelican
I notice that the local Vegan group is connected to the extinction rebellion. Like they are inherently linked cults.

Its like the activists put up a show. To enable the powers that be to do what they already want to do.

What does this have to do with packaged meat and lower meat content? I don't see the connection.

A friend of mine told me Covid is real because he knows a guy that got "nerve damage" from it and now has a limp leg.
So basically we're now at levels of clown world where people believe a respiratory virus can give you a limp leg.

Well, for what it is worth I had Covid. Let's see, loss of smell, loss of taste were the main side effects if anything,they came back after three weeks, but I do smell certain things differently and some foods do not taste the same to me. I think with my tastebuds and sense of smell gone for some time they had a chance to rest and reboot hence the possible sensitivity.

I had a fever as well, for four days, nothing to crazy to be honest. I don't know about residing lung damage, after I was cleared I went to the gym and was pushing out good results with minimal side effects. Is Covid a thing, well yea, is it as life threatening as the media makes it out to be? Hell no, they're scaring the crap out of people for NO reason at all. This is just a pilot test to see how far they can push people and lead them to insanity.

Look at all the "omggggggg work from homeeee" movement. Corporations are now enslaving their employees while they are at home to. Before it was give or take 9 hours or 10 in the office, now they have you on lock 24 hours a day at their beck and call. I use to work for a large audit firm, let's say it started with a D. The working hours on a regular day, going into the office were 9-11 hours, then I would take some work home which was an additional 2 hours or three tops. Then "busy season" would roll around and I would be working anywhere from 12-20 hours a day which includes being at the client site and taking work home. "Best" of all we were on salary, yayyyyy! They keep feeding you the b.s cool aid that "It's the culture" I saw men cheating on their girlfriends/wives and vice versa and these people had no remorse and it made me sick. You can make all the excuses you want for why you do what you do, but it's just that, an excuse, you could have avoided the soiling of your character but you chose not to so that's on you.

Working from home is fine if 1) You have your own business, 2) You do it once or twice a week and 3) You have the balls to have a cut off time and not answer the cellphone.