Weird things you noticed lately

Gazeebo

Sparrow
Orthodox
I have noticed that people's cars have become more and more loose with their hygiene. Before I would get into a vehicle that looks like it just came off the lot brand new after 20k miles. Now I'm servicing cars that less than 10k miles and it smells and looks like they live in the vehicle. Cracked touch screens, stained seats, drink cups and fast food bags stuffed everywhere.

It's sad the lack of pride people have for their vehicles. I don't have to imagine what their housing looks like because 9 times out of 10 their car is a direct reflexion of their house.

ed pluribus unum

Ostrich
Protestant
I have noticed that people's cars have become more and more loose with their hygiene. Before I would get into a vehicle that looks like it just came off the lot brand new after 20k miles. Now I'm servicing cars that less than 10k miles and it smells and looks like they live in the vehicle. Cracked touch screens, stained seats, drink cups and fast food bags stuffed everywhere.

It's sad the lack of pride people have for their vehicles. I don't have to imagine what their housing looks like because 9 times out of 10 their car is a direct reflexion of their house.
Disposable culture. Nobody buys a car for 20 years anymore, they exchange it every couple years for a clean one.

Pete345

Robin
Orthodox

Could also be due to the increase in people living in their cars.

GigaBITE

Sparrow
Oriental Orthodox
It's become increasingly common for leftists and RINOs to use the term "Christofascism," "Christian Nazism," or "Christian Taliban" when describing religious conservatives and opposing Christian nationalism.

No doubt these were the same people warning Americans about "Islamofascism" after 9/11, as they cheerfully supported the ravaging of Afghanistan and Iraq, just as they are supporting NATO's proxy war against Russia now. "Christofascism" wasn't kosher back in the 2000s, but looks like it is now. Speaking of, when will they use the term "Judeofascism?" I'm guessing never.

Some of them are militant atheists but most of them seem to be the kind of people who will only tolerate Christianity if it's some kind of trivial, neutered irrelevance.

teodort

Pigeon
Orthodox
Western society has become polarized and extremely conformist. Doesn't feel it was even that long ago that rebellion (in the sense of not putting up with tyranny and pushed around by "the man") was seen as positive and people looked up to that; They saw it as courageous and "cool". Now it's seen as a bad thing, even my own parents will expect that if something becomes "the law" then I will be expected to conform. They may talk about how bad things are and how much they disagree but nothing of substance ever changes. If I were growing up as a kid now, you bet I would be vaxxed, still in public school and probably wearing masks everywhere like a fool.

Having personal boundaries and "drawing the line" with the COVID agenda trying to eliminate bodily autonomy is seen as a bad thing and people would rather worry about your ability to make money than your well being. I've come to realize this.. You guys plus maybe a few I know in real life may be the only true allies I have in all of this. It wasn't so obvious a few years back but now it's obvious that no one is looking out for us and no one is coming to our rescue. WE, us guys, are in this together. Most of society would sell us out for $20 in the name of following "the law".
Understandable, but don't forget that everything is under God's control, even Lucifer. Our Lord won't let anything happen to anyone unless it's for their spiritual progress. I too feel that we are truly alone and quite a small number, but still, we have to hold tightly on the true, ancient church.

The saints and our holy Theotokos are truly alive and can come to our aid whenever we ask for assistance and guidance. So our team might seem small only if we count it on earthly numbers.

Samseau

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
I've noticed that the top 10 countries in the world with the highest per capita abortion rate are all either communist or former communist.

#COUNTRYAMOUNTDATEGRAPH
1Russia53.7 abortions per 1,000 women2004
2Vietnam35.2 abortions per 1,000 women2000
3Kazakhstan35 abortions per 1,000 women2004
4Estonia33.3 abortions per 1,000 women2005
5Belarus31.7 abortions per 1,000 women2004
6Romania27.8 abortions per 1,000 women2004
7Ukraine27.5 abortions per 1,000 women2004
8Latvia27.3 abortions per 1,000 women2004
9Cuba24.8 abortions per 1,000 women2004
10China24.2 abortions per 1,000 women1998

For the top 15 it's 13 out of 15 communist or former communist. That's also a taint on Orthodox territory to be honest, but the communist spirit where abortion was celebrated and stimulated for 70 years can't be put back in the bottle in a whim I suppose.

20 year old stats?

GuitarVH

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
OK, weird things I've noticed lately:

The supermarket I use doesn't have the small carry baskets or only a few. I noticed this at 2 separate locations of the same chain. I often just get a few things so I like to use those instead of a big push cart.

Has anyone else noticed this? What would be the agenda behind having carry baskets removed? I've never seen such a thing in decades of grocery shopping.

BasilSeal

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
Those got the axe during COVID because they "collect germs".

Somehow, more than shopping carts ...in which shoppers seat infants' bottoms.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant

The supermarket I use doesn't have the small carry baskets or only a few. I noticed this at 2 separate locations of the same chain. I often just get a few things so I like to use those instead of a big push cart.

Has anyone else noticed this? What would be the agenda behind having carry baskets removed? I've never seen such a thing in decades of grocery shopping.
People buy more when they have the cart. If they get the basket, then see stuff that would be more than the basket can carry, they skip buying it, but with the cart, they do get it.

I know I've done this. In fact, not getting the cart is a good way to enforce budget discipline and reduce impulse purchases.

Number one bummer

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Gold Member

I know places that have done away with smaller carts, baskets, and bags to try and curb retail theft. Easier to load up small basket then run out and throw entire basket in the get-away vehicle.

Caduceus

Ostrich
Parasite-infested bug snacks are starting to make an appearance. Eat 'em up, because cow farts are evil, and we gotta save the climate!

View attachment 45927

How are they killing these innocent insects and worms without squishing them ?
Probably in enormous gas chambers in various bug concentration camps.
I bet 6 Gorillion have been murdered already.

This is violence and genocide against living parasites who feel both emotions and pain.
Bug lives matter.

Last edited: