Weird things you noticed lately

quilter

Banned
Orthodox
I saw a new term on a vegan ad today: Specicism.

It's actually a pretty old term from the 70s, the moral philosopher Peter Singer coined it. I did my philosophy dissertation on the moral status of animals so was familiar with his work

You're right though, it's insidious and an earlyish example of the concerted drive to invert the natural order of things and undermine Christian belief in as benign seeming a way as possible; "hey, animals are sentient beings too guys!!??"

You can probably guess what Aussie Pete's early life entry looks like

BasilSeal

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
It's actually a pretty old term from the 70s, the moral philosopher Peter Singer coined it.
I'm not sure he coined the term -- but it is used in, and a main theme of, a number of his books. Peter Singer's views on rights (in general) are extreme, as he also is pretty okay with euthanizing the mentally disabled. Draw your own conclusions about his version of "morality".

quilter

Banned
Orthodox
Surprised he's that open about the longer term goals of euthenasia - they're usually more guarded with their true intent and focus initially only on what appear to be altruistic goals: helping the terminally ill with no quality of life to end their suffering

Likewise speciesism is presented as stopping animal testing on cute bunny rabits but ends up as humans are just the same as cattle but they're destroyig the planet

BasilSeal

Kingfisher
Catholic
Gold Member
Similar to you, I read a lot of his books as philosophy coursework. I would say that I only came across Singer's more controversial views (on abortion, mentally handicapped, etc) later on. The coursework centered primarily around the so-called rights of animals, or as it is termed in such classes, 'non-human animals'.

quilter

Banned
Orthodox
yep, animal rights is just another wing of the (((anti-human agenda))). I mean most students will look into this type of thing from the starting point that evolution is an incontrovertable fact which somewhat colours your conclusions, and of course the loaded language used in classes that you mention clearly flags the 'right answer' too

I'd love to say my dissertation conclusion was along the lines that it was a jewish inspired conspiracy to destroy Christianity and the west but it was more 'no, you can't ascribe rights to animals, but you must be nice to them'

Tardynox

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
It's insane to think at how quick it went. I grew up in the 90s, just getting a computer at age 10 or so, big microsoft 95 stuff. Playing outside, gameboy advanced, some low pixel games at the PC every now and then, no smartphone, no internet everywhere, going to an internet cafe at holidays in Greece, paying for 30mins to get some pictures over to the homefront, actually calling the homefront telling what was up. But I see people 10 years my minor with such a different mindset. Never in the history of human kind has there been such a quick, blitzkrieg, swift change in prime mindset of an entire generation. For thousands of years all was almost the same for generation after generation, then it accelerated since the 60s, but last 10 years the transgender stuff, mysogyny, whatever buzzwords are out there, climate change, fake pandemics, extreme materialism leading to extreme nihilism, me2, and a bunch of other things, it just weren't topics 10 years ago when I was at high school. And there was peace as a result of it. I'm seriously in steep pity for this generation as they're going to crash like a plane on a mountain and will be devastated at the time they'll be 30. Their belief system will lead to disastrous choices, leading to disastrous results, and they'll be like a leaf in the wind in the process, in a tornado spinning around like a looney tune. Also, as the mainstream internet entrances are shutting down in real time more and more, to the extent that hasn't been the case already, will there even be ways to come to the truth like we had? We had a complete open internet a few years ago, with Youtube and other mainstream channels basically broadcasting whatever was out there. We saw a door to go to. Think about Roosh, would you've been here without following him first on Youtube? You've got to be deep underground now to find this forum or his work. I feel like the vortex to even step into the portal towards truth, towards the other side, has diminished 95% over the last 3 years or so, and I fear that this generation will not be able to a large extent to climb out of the hole they'll find themselves in in 10 years, leading to extreme despair, confusion and a state of nihilism never seen before since the dawn of human existance.
Can relate to having to go deep underground to find his work, was about 2 years from getting somewhat redpilled to joining this forum, in which time period I kind of found a lot of things by sheer luck and accident. It's that I am still young that I was able to get influenced a lot by rather extremist views, which ended up in me going through certain communities through which I found Roosh. Otherwise I may have never come across him, and in turn this forum. You really aren't gonna find any of this through a bunch of Google searches unless you know what you're looking for and how to look for things.

Tardynox

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Can relate to having to go deep underground to find his work, was about 2 years from getting somewhat redpilled to joining this forum, in which time period I kind of found a lot of things by sheer luck and accident. It's that I am still young that I was able to get influenced a lot by rather extremist views, which ended up in me going through certain communities through which I found Roosh. Otherwise I may have never come across him, and in turn this forum. You really aren't gonna find any of this through a bunch of Google searches unless you know what you're looking for and how to look for things.
I just noticed this, and perhaps it is better to attribute this to God's work. I really tend to credit "coincidence" a bit too much when it's often something or someone else who has the power over the situation.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
It's actually a pretty old term from the 70s, the moral philosopher Peter Singer coined it. I did my philosophy dissertation on the moral status of animals so was familiar with his work

You're right though, it's insidious and an earlyish example of the concerted drive to invert the natural order of things and undermine Christian belief in as benign seeming a way as possible; "hey, animals are sentient beings too guys!!??"

You can probably guess what Aussie Pete's early life entry looks like
Is Singer what I think he is? Do I need to check the bio?

The Penitent Man

Kingfisher
Protestant
Is Singer what I think he is? Do I need to check the bio?
You’re ready.

“Singer's parents were Austrian Jews who immigrated to Australia from Vienna after Austria's annexation by Nazi Germany in 1938.[6] They settled in Melbourne, where Singer was born in 1946.[7] His grandparents were less fortunate: his paternal grandparents were taken by the Nazis to Łódź, and never heard from again; his maternal grandfather David Ernst Oppenheim (1881–1943), a teacher, died in the Theresienstadt concentration camp.[8]Oppenheim was a member of the Vienna Psychoanalytic Society and wrote a joint article with Sigmund Freud, before joining the Adlerian Society for Individual Psychology.[9] Singer later wrote a biography of Oppenheim.[10]

1659218784861.jpeg

Tardynox

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
You’re ready.

“Singer's parents were Austrian Jews who immigrated to Australia from Vienna after Austria's annexation by Nazi Germany in 1938.[6] They settled in Melbourne, where Singer was born in 1946.[7] His grandparents were less fortunate: his paternal grandparents were taken by the Nazis to Łódź, and never heard from again; his maternal grandfather David Ernst Oppenheim (1881–1943), a teacher, died in the Theresienstadt concentration camp.[8]Oppenheim was a member of the Vienna Psychoanalytic Society and wrote a joint article with Sigmund Freud, before joining the Adlerian Society for Individual Psychology.[9] Singer later wrote a biography of Oppenheim.[10]

View attachment 45965
To see who creates such troube and strife, simply check out their early life!

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
You’re ready.

View attachment 45965
Perfect :laughter: