Weird things you noticed lately

FrancisK

Woodpecker
Gold Member
I’ve noticed people genuinely shocked lately when you are friendly towards them and have manners. They then themselves completely change towards you, like they had a guard up expecting everyone to be an asshole especially in the service industry, but drop it and are happy that they can do so.

Kinda makes me sad that’s it’s come to that.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I've noticed pennies and sometimes other coins on the ground more frequently now. Like pennies are so worthless now nobody cares to pick them up and if they drop them they don't care to pick them up.

We talked about this yesterday at lunch!

My kid has been picking up coins like a madman lately. Its wild. People don't want to risk dying from a nickel I guess.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
On the bus, in the shops, at the library, the posted and nonposted policies, as while as general standards of behavior are in a constant state of change.

That isn't even weird anymore.

What is weird is that people always act like the recent change is how it has always been, even when they themselves are incapable of following the new change either because it hasn't been thought through, or they are incapable of admitting a mistake.

They are aggressively defending something that they either don't even understand or agree with as if even the most reasonable admission will make their whole worldview collapse, and who knows, maybe it will.

I just never foresaw normal people so willingly signing on for a pile of horseshit, swimming in it, claiming to be in a rose scented bath.

At least Winston, in 1984, had to be tortured before he would swear that two plus two equaled five.

People are openly turning their backs on all culture, all practices, all articles of faith, simply to avoid awkwardness.

They don't even act like they are afraid of catching something anymore, not really, because they are playing sidewalk chicken like offensive linemen again, engaging in spotty mask behavior, and clumping together as they wait in line to go into Hot Topic or The Body Shop.

All that is pro forma now. Not the issue. Just hanging onto an incoherent and diseased world view that brooks no dissent.

If I weren't such a sweetie I would be yelling at everyone and everything by now. Plus keeping my composure is how I fight back.

Everything and everyone is completely weird now. That is the weird thing I have noticed lately. These people are making Kona look like a peacemaker.

Bird

Kingfisher

It was the most curious and at the same time most mysterious discovery of the past week: In the middle of the remoteness of the Utah desert, conservationists found a metal monolith of unknown origin. And while the world was still puzzling over who could have placed the piece there and why, it disappeared from Utah again.

Afterwards, the mysterious object appeared in Romania. According to the Daily Mail, it was suddenly found overnight in the north of Romania on the mountain Batca Doamnei near the city of Piatra Neamt. So far it is still not clear what the monolith is all about and whether it is possibly a well-planned advertising campaign.

video

Last edited:

MilvianForce

Sparrow
Maybe it's me but have you all noticed how quickly time passes? It feels like yesterday this COVID plandemic started and everyone was loosing their marbles. Also, it is hard for me to recall what I had for breakfast a day or two ago. I think university has mucked up my memory and has morphed it into long terms instead of focusing on short to medium lengths of memory.

A week passes by much more quickly and I think it's because we are forced to think about tomorrow more so than the present that we end up in an autonomous state in the present. It's nuts. Some also say its a sign of the times. Who knows.

Salinger

Kingfisher
Maybe it's me but have you all noticed how quickly time passes? It feels like yesterday this COVID plandemic started and everyone was loosing their marbles. Also, it is hard for me to recall what I had for breakfast a day or two ago. I think university has mucked up my memory and has morphed it into long terms instead of focusing on short to medium lengths of memory.

A week passes by much more quickly and I think it's because we are forced to think about tomorrow more so than the present that we end up in an autonomous state in the present. It's nuts. Some also say its a sign of the times. Who knows.

Yes, I've noticed this myself. I chalked it up to getting older, but I'd be interested in knowing if younger people are noticing this too.

As I mentioned on the Great Reset Thread
I am curious if anyone has noticed any abnormalities that are already in play as part of the Great Reset. Things I noticed/others mentioned in recent months:
- Surveillance Drones during Lockdowns.
- Low-flying Helicopters regularly over residential areas.
- Smell of Sulphur in the air.
- Weather/Sky abnormalities e.g. particularly orange sunsets / really early sunsets at 3/4pm

MilvianForce

Sparrow
Yes, I've noticed this myself. I chalked it up to getting older, but I'd be interested in knowing if younger people are noticing this too.
I'm sitting at 29 years of age, I think that's still "young" depending on what scale you are going by.

Things are just flying by, feels like I just started something yesterday but it's been months. Maybe I'm too consumed by too many variables in my life and need to de-clutter my life.

Aizen

Kingfisher
Those stickers on the floor with 2 footprints telling people to stay apart. They look like they’d be really hard to take off, which is surprising given the temporary nature of this “social distancing” mandate. I see these on the sidewalk and inside businesses. Super duper strange.

Jive Turkey

Sparrow
I've lived near an airport my whole life. About 10 or 15 years ago they stopped flying fighter jets out of there. They have begun again; within the last week I think I've seen and heard three.

@wisdom_187

I have talked with like 5 different people independently, that this year has had the most spectacular sunsets. And now that you mention it, they do seem to be happening earlier than years past. I remember over the summer it being highly visible past 10 PM, which was never the case in my part of the world ever before.

We're in an informative overload. God never designed us to have to filter this much information out of our lives.

Captain Gh

Ostrich
Gold Member
My mailbox has been getting handwritten offers from different "investor"-groups who are offering to pay cash for the house; no commission, fast sale, house in any condition. Always bottom-signed by multiple people, first name only.

I wonder if the Covid-19 hysteria is fuelling some sort of new 'blockbusting' endeavor.

No matter what you do... Hang on to it! If you're already in a good financial situation... sit back & enjoy cuz rates will be dropping even further once the Small Business eventually Tap Out & File for Bankruptcy