Weird things you noticed lately

An awful lot of Incorrect Grammar, & Weird nonsensical sentences when reading article from MSM Sources! I'm no Stephen King, and English's my second language, but geez... sometimes when I'm reading them I'm like aren't you supposed to be a Professional What is This?

That's what happens when the uplifted underclass and outsourced writers from 3rd world countries write the narrative for the elites.

An awful lot of Incorrect Grammar, & Weird nonsensical sentences when reading article from MSM Sources! I'm no Stephen King, and English's my second language, but geez... sometimes when I'm reading them I'm like aren't you supposed to be a Professional What is This?
I
That's what happens when the uplifted underclass and outsourced writers from 3rd world countries write the narrative for the elites.
It's intentional so it likely has more to do with being cool

Aside from that proper syntaxis and formal speech patterns are probably regarded as signs of the White Patriarchy

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Older women who never had kids putting dogs in baby strollers.

This isn't really new, but it's new to me in that I actually now know women who do this...and post the pictures online. Since I'm a nice guy, I won't re-post them here, but if you look online you can pics like this.
They wear them in baby slings too, which must atrophy their little dog legs.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
I've lived near an airport my whole life. About 10 or 15 years ago they stopped flying fighter jets out of there. They have begun again; within the last week I think I've seen and heard three.

@wisdom_187

I have talked with like 5 different people independently, that this year has had the most spectacular sunsets. And now that you mention it, they do seem to be happening earlier than years past. I remember over the summer it being highly visible past 10 PM, which was never the case in my part of the world ever before.

I live close enough to a air to ground weapons training range. There has been all sorts of training going on there since the summer, both day and night operations.

regarding sunsets, I have noticed that they have been better this year due to less haze. There have been noticeably fewer contrails from commercial traffic where I live and even fewer of what I would characterize as 'chemtrails' the skies have been like I remember them being when I worked in the canadian wilderness in my early years, its great.

The sudden proliferation of sign language interpreters has been one of the stranger points of 2020. Despite the fact that closed captions are an objectively better way to accommodate the hard of hearing, governments and television networks are now displaying these interpreters front and center, ostensibly as a display of their virtue and boundless benevolence.

An elementary school student could give you the following reasons why closed captions are superior to sign language interpreters:
  • Not all deaf people understand sign language
  • Closed captions can be useful for everyone, including those with normal hearing
  • Sign language interpreters will deliver a lower quality translation than that achievable through closed captioning (remember the con artist signer at the Nelson Mandela memorial?)
  • Sign language interpreters are wildly distracting
When I see things like the speech in the clip below (start at 4:00 if the link doesn't automatically take you there), "clown world" is the only phrase that comes to mind.

Here is something I have seen, been around for a while though. Why do drive up ATM's have braille markings on them? What gives, are blind people driving? I can believe it sometimes.

Jive Turkey

Sparrow
Here is something I have seen, been around for a while though. Why do drive up ATM's have braille markings on them? What gives, are blind people driving? I can believe it sometimes.

With regard to the braille, it is most likely due to the fact the ATM machines will be manufactured for drive-up and walk-up locations. So ostensibly a blind person could walk up to an ATM somewhere in the city and use it. A lot of the same ATM components will be saved for walk-up and drive-up locations. Kinda like how American car manufacturers make pick-ups and vans. They have the same front end design, same engines, same transmission etc. It wouldn't make sense to make a whole braille-less ATM for drive thrus.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
More and more people walking in the park where I go are carrying sticks. I was one of the ones who always carries but now I see many, many more. Some even pick them up as they go along.

Interesting observation. I wonder if that is the democrat version of "I wish I had a conceal carry permit, this stick is the next best thing"

kosko

Peacock
Gold Member
The sudden proliferation of sign language interpreters has been one of the stranger points of 2020. Despite the fact that closed captions are an objectively better way to accommodate the hard of hearing, governments and television networks are now displaying these interpreters front and center, ostensibly as a display of their virtue and boundless benevolence.

An elementary school student could give you the following reasons why closed captions are superior to sign language interpreters:
  • Not all deaf people understand sign language
  • Closed captions can be useful for everyone, including those with normal hearing
  • Sign language interpreters will deliver a lower quality translation than that achievable through closed captioning (remember the con artist signer at the Nelson Mandela memorial?)
  • Sign language interpreters are wildly distracting
When I see things like the speech in the clip below (start at 4:00 if the link doesn't automatically take you there), "clown world" is the only phrase that comes to mind.

I'll have to chime in here as I have had personal experience with this via work.

1. Sign Language (ASL) has ~85% penetration within the deaf population; the vast majority of deaf people understand ASL.

2. Closed Captions exist in a vacuum and are only good as the inputs are put in place. It is fine for pre-recorded shows that have proper captions transcribed, but for live events, it is a toss-up as you'll get a mix of on the fly transcription of buggy Robo/AI.

3. The quality of interpreters is a whole other issue with their own regulatory frameworks. Many weirdo-type women enter that field as it is an easy skill for women to grasp and pays decent for lazy work ($50K avg salary).

4. That is subjective and on you - you should never notice them unless the interpreter is attractive (once in a blue moon).

Overall, you see more and more of them because accessibility regulations are now mandated for open access to content. Anything Government related must-have blanket open access for all people regardless if they are blind, hard of hearing, etc. For example, on websites, now pictures have a description under them, which is intended for software to read out for blind people who are using the internet.

If you're a manufacturer, why waste money making two types of keypads?

typtre

Robin
A lot of what's being written today is done by AI and as it learns it'll get better... :oops:

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member
At my age group many people have children.

Instead of children, most people I am Facebook friends with post pictures of their dogs. At least once a week. Their dogs are their children. The dogs are talked about constantly. Nature is getting the big middle finger and the dogs are pampered constantly. Its not healthy.

kel

Ostrich
At my age group many people have children.

Instead of children, most people I am Facebook friends with post pictures of their dogs. At least once a week. Their dogs are their children. The dogs are talked about constantly. Nature is getting the big middle finger and the dogs are pampered constantly. Its not healthy.

iu