Weird things you noticed lately

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
Fashion fads seem to come and go in cycles. Slashed clothes were also popular during the Renaissance era among the aristocrats,
as a marker of conspicuous consumption: "I'm so rich, I can afford to slash my finest silks just for fun!" But in that time their slashes
never exposed the skin, only the underlying material, usually of a contrasting color. Hopefully the current fad for ripped jeans will fade
just like the Renaissance fad for slashed clothes.

View attachment 50453
View attachment 50454
View attachment 50456

View attachment 50460
View attachment 50458
View attachment 50459
Those slashes are purposely sewn cuts to highlight and contrast the outer material with the inner material. I think that is completely different from wearing jeans that look worn out, like a peasant wearing rags.

I would be in favor of styles like this coming back.

Last edited:

DenizenJane

Woodpecker
Non-Christian
I notice the google path to newslinks with -insert any large dysfunctional city here- has drastically different hits than weeks ago. Its no longer the usual crime stories, its the stats of the local sportsball team for the entire page 1.

Of course then I remember November 8th is coming up, and there was lots of noise about our crime problems being overstated...

So... seriously, is this type of crap going to be pulled off in real life? Is your liberal neighbor going to stride up to you while you're clearing a heroin encampment in your backyard and say "Eh, did you catch the big game last night?"

Unreal....

andy dufresne

Pelican
Other Christian
Today while walking my dog in my local liberal borg enclave I approached a small enclosed bus stop. There is fire station directly across from the stop and I noticed 3 paramedic types cross the road and approaching the stop and entering it. Walking by I noticed that inside were two young white males. One was conscious but clearly heavily strung out on opiates. The paramedics started work on the other but it appeared he was completely unresponsive. I didn't feel like sticking around because it was a beautiful day and the ensuing scene was sure to be very depressing, but it was pretty clear that I saw my first public dead person.

Great job liberals and RIP stranger.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
I've noticed a disturbing trend. They're trying to really ruin our brains through the display of symbols. Look at Tiktok: it's a symbol that's vague on purpose. It's like watching 3D without 3D glasses on. Your head hurts. Now today I got an android update where the texting icon is something similar. So what I think we're gonna see increasingly from now on is digital display designed to make your head hurt, so they can attack your body mind and system everytime you click on it or see it which for most of the youth with e.g. tictoc is all day everyday. Another step deeper in the sickening of the masses on purpose. They truly try to degrade and sicken us in any way possible.

inthefade

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Now today I got an android update where the texting icon is something similar.
First thing I do with every piece of software is to turn off auto updates and "anonymous" user data sharing for this reason. Companies are constantly ruining their own software with pointless updates and bad cosmetic changes. I think it is done on purpose.

FisherOfMen

Chicken
Orthodox
We spent all our elementary school summers in the '90s riding bikes across town, building tree forts, catching fish and frogs from the creeks and ponds in the woods behind our neighborhood and other feral child stuff.

One summer there was a new development going in nearby and we used the soft, freshly churned soil to build wicked jumps for our bikes. One kid biffed it hard and broke his collar bone, it was awesome!

One day we were being followed by what we thought was a rabid dog. From a distance it looked like he had white foam around his mouth, but when he caught up to us we saw it was a white paper take-out bag. The good boy brought us a bag of tacos! Ostensibly stolen from some construction workers we figured. We feasted with him, named him Pablo, and he hung out with us in our shenanigans for the rest of the summer. Never found out who's dog he was.

I feel bad for the kids growing up these days missing out on this kind of thing.

Emphasis: I feel bad for the kids growing up these days missing out on this kind of thing.

Here's the downside: Our parents who let us run wild when we were kids... also let our peers raise us when we were teenagers. Where I lived, even back in the late 80s, it was difficult to find a girl my age who hadn't been used and abused by several guys for fun. I knew teenage guys who had a nodding acquaintance with both their parents and went on to screw their lives up in unimaginable way.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that because your childhood was overflowing with free dopamine it was the ideal situation. The way the baby boomers raised kids by throwing them out into the woods so they could have wine parties was surely, like all of boomer culture, influenced by soviets playing a long game to eliminate their main competition.

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
I've noticed that a huge number of people walk around the grocery store leaning forward against the cart with their elbows propped on the cart handle, to support their weight.

I can understand short, fat old ladies doing it. After all, the cart handle is elbow height for them, and they are old and weak.

However, I see young women doing it too, and even young men. I saw one today which prompted me to post this.

For anyone but a short old lady, I think this is pathetic. How about it? Are there any cart leaners on the forum who will set me straight, and explain how this makes sense for a taller person to do?

Argus101

Robin
Protestant
Those slashes are purposely sewn cuts to highlight and contrast the outer material with the inner material. I think that is completely different from wearing jeans that look worn out, like a peasant wearing rags.

I would be in favor of styles like this coming back.
So would I---but without the sumptuary laws that were also widespread in many European countries during the Renaissance era that were
designed to enforce the social hierarchy of the aristocrats against the newly prosperous bourgeoisie and used to punish commoners who
dared to imitate the lavish clothing and lifestyle of the aristocrats.

Nordwand

Pelican
Other Christian
I've noticed that a huge number of people walk around the grocery store leaning forward against the cart with their elbows propped on the cart handle, to support their weight.

I can understand short, fat old ladies doing it. After all, the cart handle is elbow height for them, and they are old and weak.

However, I see young women doing it too, and even young men. I saw one today which prompted me to post this.

For anyone but a short old lady, I think this is pathetic. How about it? Are there any cart leaners on the forum who will set me straight, and explain how this makes sense for a taller person to do?

Been thinking the same myself - damned if I know why people do it.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Many big websites are unavailable for me today, including duckduckgo, bankofamerica and reddit.
They're preparing the ''cyber pandemic'' aka the total internet/electricity grid shutdown. You see regular messages about WhatsApp global outage, or other websites, usually a certain cohort of a sector. Probably they're testing it out now, before they will shut the entire global internet down.

FisherOfMen

Chicken
Orthodox
They're preparing the ''cyber pandemic'' aka the total internet/electricity grid shutdown. You see regular messages about WhatsApp global outage, or other websites, usually a certain cohort of a sector. Probably they're testing it out now, before they will shut the entire global internet down.

How will we be able to tell whether this happens because of diversity/h1b hiring in tech or because of a purposeful shutdown?

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant

If the Internet is down, how will they continue to promote faggotry, white hate, Covid shots, and all the rest of their lies?

IMO, these are probably just war games in case Russia takes out our grid. I can't see the case for a self-imposed shutdown. Everything the Globalists do is done slowly and methodically. To just throw the US into darkness for God knows how long would go against everything they've done before.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
If the Internet is down, how will they continue to promote faggotry, white hate, Covid shots, and all the rest of their lies?

IMO, these are probably just war games in case Russia takes out our grid. I can't see the case for a self-imposed shutdown. Everything the Globalists do is done slowly and methodically. To just throw the US into darkness for God knows how long would go against everything they've done before.
Yeah it'll only be temporary. They need crises to create order from chaos, while having moved the goalpost to further total control as we know. So what could happen is e.g. that they shut everything then and then to ''avoid that from ever happening again'' come up with a bunch of totalitarian new, world government kind of measures.

By the way this idea comes from the horse's mouth. They practice it in Cyber Polygon. Here Klaus. And if they announce it like that you know they're prepping the public and they're absolutely planning to do something with the cyber/electrical grid.

Here 11:15

They did this exactly with Event 201 for corona: practicing with all global stakeholders, doing rehearsals, get everyone on one page so they knew what to do, so they could start the machine and all parts of the system worked effortlessly in the rollout of the lockdowns etc after that.

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant
Yeah it'll only be temporary. They need crises to create order from chaos, while having moved the goalpost to further total control as we know. So what could happen is e.g. that they shut everything then and then to ''avoid that from ever happening again'' come up with a bunch of totalitarian new, world government kind of measures.

Sure, creating order from chaos is what they do alright. I suppose a grid shutdown would be a logical step if it were blamed on cyber criminals so they could implement a global ID system in order to access the Internet.

Is that what you're thinking?

SpyofMoses

Robin
Protestant
I expected a total internet shutdown a long time ago. When the deadline for "Cyber Polygon" passed, I stopped believing it. But knowing that coding is getting worse and factor in that computers simply glitch out sometimes, something like a big sudden glitch out of most of the internet by mistake doesn't sound so far-fetched. Maybe even the whole thing. But, of course, it could be done on purpose for just long enough to get a certain reaction out of ordinary people...

One thing I've heard from someone with a specialized job is that there's noone to replace him. If we just run out of people who can solve certain problems eventually, then stuff like loss of power, loss of internet, or certain utilities going out, etc. will just become the new normal.