Weird things you noticed lately

inthefade

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
My next 6 month car insurance premium just went up 20% from prior 6 months. According to the customer service rep I spoke with “no accidents or tickets reported…this is just a business decision”. Inflation rate is 8-10% so not sure how they are justifying 20% increase. I guess I’ll shop around. Recommend you all look closely at your car insurance premiums as well.
Geico claims it's due to increase in cost of materials if you need repairs.

Northumber

Pigeon
Protestant
I've noticed many of the youtubers/podcasters I enjoy listening to are all updating their video cameras.

I'm happy for them but it's strange seeing them transition to a more produced feel.

DeWoken

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
You used to see people with bad acne walking around all the time.

Now you don't.

That's true, I didn't notice until you pointed it out. I think if you look around on YT, etc, and you will discover stories of people having their health destroyed by Big Pharma "cures".
I've noticed many of the youtubers/podcasters I enjoy listening to are all updating their video cameras.

I'm happy for them but it's strange seeing them transition to a more produced feel.
Maybe WW3 is actually penetrating the Normie Sphere. (It's hard to buy Chinese goodies when you're at war with them).

Stadtaffe

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Gold Member
Today's stock exchange is driven more by the Federal Reserve and government policy than by company excellence and performance.

The institution that once provided a public service has seized power. It switched places. Private companies and individuals must now follow the orders of the public service rulers rather than the other way around. It doesn't matter if you vote Republican or Democrat or any of the other European parties.

What surprises me is that this realisation is not spoken about publicly and even privately.
  • The Gen Z and Millenials think the private sector is evil, except for Elon Musk, but even Elon turns out to be evil now.
  • The boomers are completely disconnected, still clapping for the Jews, and thinking about their government pensions and health care
  • Gen X is divided, 80% woke, 20% disconnected and frustrate
This is one of the most interesting insights I've read in recent times..

Actually exactly that point in the first line -

Today's stock exchange is driven more by the Federal Reserve and government policy than by company excellence and performance.

It is very bothersome that there are analysts all over the world in financial centers sitting on the edge of their seats constantly speculating about what the 'Fed' will or won't do with interest rates, or the local central bank, the European Central Bank or whatever. Instead of analysing the metrics of a company, price to earnings ratio, whether their product is relevant right now, whether they have the right team, competitor analysis.. Of course financial analysts do that too but it is overshadowed by this monster of "what will the Fed do next with interest rates".

Those people who analyse the stockmarket must have quite a demeaning time doing their job, when such a big part of their job is now just about guessing something about interest rates.

Intuitively it just doesn't seem right, it's sick. That all the companies on all the stockmarkets are so incredibly influenced by what a few bankers behind closed doors decide about interest rates.

The tail is wagging the dog.

Gimlet

Pelican
This is one of the most interesting insights I've read in recent times..

Actually exactly that point in the first line -

It is very bothersome that there are analysts all over the world in financial centers sitting on the edge of their seats constantly speculating about what the 'Fed' will or won't do with interest rates, or the local central bank, the European Central Bank or whatever. Instead of analysing the metrics of a company, price to earnings ratio, whether their product is relevant right now, whether they have the right team, competitor analysis.. Of course financial analysts do that too but it is overshadowed by this monster of "what will the Fed do next with interest rates".

Those people who analyse the stockmarket must have quite a demeaning time doing their job, when such a big part of their job is now just about guessing something about interest rates.

Intuitively it just doesn't seem right, it's sick. That all the companies on all the stockmarkets are so incredibly influenced by what a few bankers behind closed doors decide about interest rates.

The tail is wagging the dog.

Institutional investors - have been fleeing the stock market all year. The song and dance of how the market moves these days affects "retail" investors, who are still putting money in based on the news about what the Fed is doing. Personally I think this is all a scam to take money from retail before there is a big flush.

image_2022-11-24_232409987.png

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
I have noticed that no one speaks about smaller government. That we are living under "public rule" instead of paying a sum of money (let's say 10%) for them to provide a "public service."
  • Most people demand more stimulus checks and are angry about the fact that other people get free stuff and they don't.
  • All western countries are spending far more than they get in; their trade balances are wrecked.
  • Public sector employees are getting "inflation correction" pay increases of +5% while private sector white collar workers are being fired.
  • The huge "support packages" and regulations around the western world are completely derailing the private sector; this is the main cause of these supply chain issues, e.g., lithium prices are 10x what they were a year ago.

There is no one in the public debate saying we need to cut government spending and cut back government power; maybe people realize it and feel: Let's just get what we can get and forget the rest.

The entire basic concept of the public sector is gone: that 90% of the people should be free men in free employment, and that we collect some money from all to provide a few public services like police, law, road, energy grid, airports, and rail for everyone.

https://data.oecd.org/chart/6Tyr

Only Norway had a positive trade balance in the OECD.

Governments are driving society off the cliff, completely destroying the private sector. It is impossible for the private sector to manage policy volatility. Some months, you may become wealthy as a result of regulations and stimulus payments, while other months, you may become impoverished.

The institution that once provided a public service has seized power. It switched places. Private companies and individuals must now follow the orders of the public service rulers rather than the other way around. It doesn't matter if you vote Republican or Democrat or any of the other European parties.

What surprises me is that this realisation is not spoken about publicly and even privately.
  • The Gen Z and Millenials think the private sector is evil, except for Elon Musk, but even Elon turns out to be evil now.
  • The boomers are completely disconnected, still clapping for the Jews, and thinking about their government pensions and health care
  • Gen X is divided, 80% woke, 20% disconnected and frustrate
Most people talk about what the government should do differently. While I think: 80% of the government should be fired, the powers should be restored, the organism is sick.

They made us (mostly in Europe) dependent on them with health care.

Any criticism is quickly polarized in holocaustian fashion:
  • So who is going to care for you when you get sick? Who's going to keep us safe?
    • Sorry, I'm just saying paying effectively 60% of your salary to the rulers is not a good idea.
  • So you don't want to care for the poor elderly people?
    • Well, I just don't think paying 60% to internationalist rulers is helping poor people.
  • People in the 30s in Germany said these kind of things, I don't want to say it out loud, but.. you sound like an evil nazi.
I've been digging the financial system a bit lately and it's all a monumental ponzi scheme. The top institutions are actually private companies owned by (Jewish) bankers, such as the BiS, central banks, the Fed reserve. They make the rules for others however not for themselves. They print money like there's no tomorrow. If you as the ant would do that you'd go to prison. The whole system is based on debt. Fractional reserve banking means that the banks have a fraction of their supposed money in the bank. The rest is loaned out back to the masses to continue the cycle of debt and interest. If everyone would collect their money today the banks just couldn't provide it. Also for every dollar they are "entrusted" with they can print 9 dollars themselves and then lend this out again. So a system arises where everyone is a slave to debt towards these ultimately private institutions, that keep the game going by printing new money and enslaving people (and states, if that metric means anything anymore at all) to more debt. All of it is a scam.

Prores

Robin
Orthodox
Once you stop eating crap food (redbull, chips, ketchup, doughnuts, anything you instantly know it's crap) you get used to the new habit quickly, and you realize that this allegedly ''tasty'' food actually tastes monumentally disgusting, once you have an instant of going back to it. Good reason not to go back to it again!

Just like you don't see hard right angles in nature, there's something you can taste or smell in processed foods that is the equivalent of seeing a hard right angles. You get very sensitive to that after a few years and can spot it immediately.

Danthomas78

Chicken
Catholic
One thing i noticed is how afraid people are of each other in random settings. For example pre covid, i would ask someone for help a few times to borrow their phoens so i could make a quick call. I never had an issue finding somome to help. I did this a couple months ago and people looked terrified , especially white women. middle aged and younger. for an hour i couldnt find someone to let me borrow their phone for 30 seconds. I am a clean cut, good looking white man as well. People in general are so depressed and unfriendly. Casheirs used to small talk you i remember growing up. The boomers are the only ones that still dot his

Danthomas78

Chicken
Catholic
Another thing i noticed, a lot less attractive women, especially white women. Due to the pill making them more masculine, they have deeper and more horsed voices , they dress more manly more sloppy as well with shit tatoos and dead inside xanax eyes. They rarely dress up. Even going out in public its rare to see a decent looking white woman anymore unles youre near a college

AscendingDude

Sparrow
Catholic
I've noticed that most people in your country rarely send out proper thanksgiving messages on social media nowadays. In the past it used to be about being grateful for family, friends, etcetera. But now, it's nothing but a rather terse "happy thanksgiving"

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant
Once you stop eating crap food (redbull, chips, ketchup, doughnuts, anything you instantly know it's crap) you get used to the new habit quickly, and you realize that this allegedly ''tasty'' food actually tastes monumentally disgusting, once you have an instant of going back to it. Good reason not to go back to it again!

Yeah, I think it only takes 3 weeks to start a new habit. I quit drinking sodas and Vitamin Water years ago. Used to be, I'd have those sugary drinks every day for lunch. Now I have nothing but water, not just for lunch, but all day long. No longer do I crave juices, sodas, or any other unhealthy drinks.

I haven't gotten to that point with food yet where I'm eating 100% healthy but I'm a lot better than I used to be. I replaced doughnuts and other pastries in the morning with a berry smoothie. Now I only crave those at breakfast. Since I don't buy them at the grocer anymore, I'd only eat a doughnut now if you put one in front of me.

Danthomas78

Chicken
Catholic
I saw these stats coming by. If you grossly take these numbers into account, you strip away the women and children, you have about 150 million men remained as possible inmates, then you talk about 1.5% percent of men in the US being in jail and prison. That's roughly 1 in every 50 man. Imagine that. The system literally is set up to bring (especially black men) into prison, while talking about ''racism and equality''. The entire system is a scam, and putting people in prison in the US is a mere business, where the business model for these prisons is to get as many people in prison, for the most time possible. I understand now why they like to give out life sentences like Halloween candy in the US, usually without parole, and have laws into place such as the ''three strikes you're out'' phenomenon, or Rico law where not the perpetrator alone is punished for a certain crime, but anyone involved with it to some degree, whether you actually did something or not, and plea deals where it doesn't matter whether you committed the crime or not but you're scared to get completely wrecked when you go to trial so you just take it.

The opposite extreme is what we have in Western-Europe, where when stabbing someone to death/driving someone over a couple of times you usually see people getting 7 years, with 2/3 standard, meaning that 1/3 usually goes away with good behavior (in the past every sentence would always only be 2/3rd time served). Here, basically there's no law or serious legal consequences for whatever behavior and the system leans on people having so much material comfort that they don't commit crimes.

Altogether a fair system should be something in the middle: where it's not a business to hand out life sentences (without parole!) like Halloween candy, but give (way) sterner sentences than in Western-Europe, with altogether a plan to launch someone back in society when possible (usually this is the case) and to help him on that path, for in the US when you finally get out after X amount of decades you're dumped on the street and you're usually straight in survival mode anyway, with all bad consequences of it, leaving people barely a chance of a return in society (which of course isn't the plan to begin with, for the prison business wants them back asap, as discussed).

The United States incarcerates more people, in both absolute numbers and per capita, than any other nation in the world. Since 1970, the number of incarcerated people has increased sevenfold to 2.3 million in jail and prison today, far outpacing population growth and crime.

Not everyone is treated equally in the criminal justice system. Racial bias keeps more people of color in prisons and on probation than ever before. One out of every three Black boys born today can expect to go to prison in his lifetime, as can one of every six Latino boys — compared with one of every 17 white boys. Black people are also subject to pretrial detention at a higher rate than white arrestees with similar charges and history.

no one really wants to hear it , poor blacks this poor blacks that. This isnt the forum for any pity in this aspect . many of us are well informed on these issues

Easy_C

Peacock
I've been digging the financial system a bit lately and it's all a monumental ponzi scheme. The top institutions are actually private companies owned by (Jewish) bankers, such as the BiS, central banks, the Fed reserve. They make the rules for others however not for themselves. They print money like there's no tomorrow. If you as the ant would do that you'd go to prison. The whole system is based on debt. Fractional reserve banking means that the banks have a fraction of their supposed money in the bank. The rest is loaned out back to the masses to continue the cycle of debt and interest. If everyone would collect their money today the banks just couldn't provide it. Also for every dollar they are "entrusted" with they can print 9 dollars themselves and then lend this out again. So a system arises where everyone is a slave to debt towards these ultimately private institutions, that keep the game going by printing new money and enslaving people (and states, if that metric means anything anymore at all) to more debt. All of it is a scam.

If you want to dig into some of this, the main internet forum to ask questions is Wall Street Oasis. A lot of the users are college kids seeking jobs, but it's still interesting and there's a few posters there who have a wealth of knowledge

Disclaimer that I haven't used that site in a long time and don't know if the best posters are still there.