Weird things you noticed lately

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
At my age group many people have children.

Instead of children, most people I am Facebook friends with post pictures of their dogs. At least once a week. Their dogs are their children. The dogs are talked about constantly. Nature is getting the big middle finger and the dogs are pampered constantly. Its not healthy.

That' just 'dog mom' hesitancy. It will all make sense after the vaccine.

Jive Turkey

Sparrow
More and more I can no longer tell men from women at any distance. Maybe my eyes are just getting worse, but I don't think so. For the last two years I feel that men's and women's bodies have gotten so similar, and their gates so similar that it is very hard to tell them apart unless I can see their faces.

It happens all the time that I'm in the parking lot of the grocery store, and as I get closer the "women" turns out to be a man, and vice versa. But I more often confuse men for women than the other way around.

An awful lot of Incorrect Grammar, & Weird nonsensical sentences when reading article from MSM Sources! I'm no Stephen King, and English's my second language, but geez... sometimes when I'm reading them I'm like aren't you supposed to be a Professional What is This?
You can add to the list of grievances regarding MSM articles - Improper Use of a Headline.

Most MSM sites are full of real clickbait headlines followed by either "Here's why", or "This is what we have found out". Why would that need to be stated?

The main purpose of an article is to further elaborate on the headline, and go into further detail.

Garuda

Woodpecker
More and more I can no longer tell men from women at any distance. Maybe my eyes are just getting worse, but I don't think so. For the last two years I feel that men's and women's bodies have gotten so similar, and their gates so similar that it is very hard to tell them apart unless I can see their faces.

It happens all the time that I'm in the parking lot of the grocery store, and as I get closer the "women" turns out to be a man, and vice versa. But I more often confuse men for women than the other way around.
Most people are eating too much soy and most men don't lift or work in jobs that require physical activity.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Gold Member
My youtube and google account seemed to have totally disappeared yesterday, was wondering if maybe I'd done something, but turns out that google, youtube and gmail all crashed yesterday.

Have noticed we seem to be destroying western civilization so that a couple of generations of women can ride a dopamine wave in their teens and 20s.

That and men with waxed/shaved legs. I remember a girl mentioned to me a while ago that some men shave their armpits and legs now and I didn't believe it.

Have noticed it twice now, grown men wearing shorts and completely smooth legs.
Rat Utopia experiments from the 1960s. This sort of self grooming is easily observable in decaying social hierarchies among rats, faily bleak if you extrapolate to humans.

Instead of children, most people I am Facebook friends with post pictures of their dogs. At least once a week. Their dogs are their children. The dogs are talked about constantly. Nature is getting the big middle finger and the dogs are pampered constantly. Its not healthy.
I'd argue nature has won... Dogs have successfully tricked a superior species into their caretakers.

yarqur

Sparrow

Dog is basically one of the most popular idols. Women are quite happy to smell dog farts and sleep with dogs in their beds and clean after their dogs, while men are supposed to do the same for women and sleep on the couch etc.. I don't really fancy dogs nor do I hate them, but dog people are just generally nasty. The dog is the most important thing to them. Can't help the homeless and the poor, but giving manicure to their dogs is fine.

Thomas More

Hummingbird
iu
That dog looks pissed off!

Dog is basically one of the most popular idols. Women are quite happy to smell dog farts and sleep with dogs in their beds and clean after their dogs, while men are supposed to do the same for women and sleep on the couch etc.. I don't really fancy dogs nor do I hate them, but dog people are just generally nasty. The dog is the most important thing to them. Can't help the homeless and the poor, but giving manicure to their dogs is fine.
Women gravitate towards pets because the touching of an animals soft fur elicits the same mental catharsis as a mother touching her child's hair. They don't have any opinion on the matter, this hard wired into their neural pathways. This is why you see white women in particular being so adamant about their "fur babies", they have a natural inclination towards motherly behavior.

They are stuck in a Gordian Knot of talmudic subversion and misplaced liberal sentiment.

Easy_C

Peacock
Meh. I don’t even like dogs in general much but I like ours. My wife had one because at the time it was her and a friend as roommates having the dog made her feel safer.

I do think having a dog around is a good idea because they’re an extremely effect alarm system. Not one of those little rat dogs, a larger one from a territorial breed.

yarqur

Sparrow
Women gravitate towards pets because the touching of an animals soft fur elicits the same mental catharsis as a mother touching her child's hair. They don't have any opinion on the matter, this hard wired into their neural pathways. This is why you see white women in particular being so adamant about their "fur babies", they have a natural inclination towards motherly behavior.
That alone doesn't explain why dog is their choice. Dogs naturally feed their narcistic greed to be objects of adoration among other things.

I also like furry (don't even think about it) animals like Raccoons and the Cat, which happens to make sounds very similar to babies among other things, but of course that doesn't mean I have to worship them and dedicate all my time to them, and give them higher value than men.

They are stuck in a Gordian Knot of talmudic subversion and misplaced liberal sentiment.
Very true.

Man I just watched the movie The Take with Richard Madden and Idris elba. The movie kinda sucked but what blew me away was this one scene where this sophisticated gang of terrorists or anarchists that were well connected with the deep state in France staged a police brutality incident and made the video go viral via a very simple methodology of hashtagging hoping to provoke riots and civil unrest.... could this have been a similar situation back in June of this year? After all George Floyd did have masonic connections... It makes you wonder how many of these Iphone videos are real? With advancements in the tech game such as deepfakes etc it is going to get harder and harder to know what is real and what is not...brace yourselves

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
I saw one of the most bizarre commercials in a hotel room recently. It was all about "there is no normal" and the commercial made it seem like it was something about "the new normal" ie how we cover our faces and socially distance each other and don't go to bars or restaurants or concerts or public areas. But then I checked out the website and it seems to be about something different and possibly is normalizing mental illness?

I think mental illness has been neglected for far too long in our country and it should be addressed better, the way physical illness is (though I am very suspicious of many of the treatments, particularly when they are SSRI inhibitor pharmaceutical drugs) but this strikes me as very bizarre if not subversive.

I find the commercial extremely jarring and confusing. It's underlying message seems on the one hand to be positive--that we are all different people and you can't project happiness from one person to the next, and also there is no one size fits all recipe for happiness and certainly no pill can make you happy.

But on the other hand, the statement that "1 in 5 has a mental illness" is a bizarre statement, as if the mentally ill should just be accepted, or are just a "normal" part of society.

Of course, we do *not* treat physical illness that way. Just look at how they overreact to 0.000001% of people who are dying of the flu this year. Can you imagine how much they would flip out of 20% of us were dying of the flu? Would we just accept it as "normal" ?

What is your reaction to this?
Maybe they are trying to give a good message and millennial college graduates in advertising and media are just so piss-poor at their jobs that they failed miserably at what should be a positive message that mental illness needs to be destigmatized?

Pelagius

Robin
OK time for a Christmas laugh - But I've become convinced that Sloths are being pushed to exert control. This year I noticed all toys, and designs meant to be 'cute' on house hold items such as cups, table clothes etc are increasingly sloths - and I think the idea is to push the idea of the Sloth on people because it invokes a feeling that it's OK to be slow, and lazy and stay at home - since there soon won't be any economy to worry about anyway!

And also it promotes the idea of slothfulness which is a quick way to fall into sin.

My wife think's I'm crazy but I say be careful of those inviting those sloths into your house guys :laughter:.

OK time for a Christmas laugh - But I've become convinced that Sloths are being pushed to exert control. This year I noticed all toys, and designs meant to be 'cute' on house hold items such as cups, table clothes etc are increasingly sloths - and I think the idea is to push the idea of the Sloth on people because it invokes a feeling that it's OK to be slow, and lazy and stay at home - since there soon won't be any economy to worry about anyway!

And also it promotes the idea of slothfulness which is a quick way to fall into sin.

My wife think's I'm crazy but I say be careful of those inviting those sloths into your house guys :laughter:.
On the sloth agenda, I first noticed them around Valentine's Day and many of them were so shoddy that they were missing limbs and eyes, maybe foreshadowing :laughter:

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member

I thought of this post last night when my son told me that there was a trick that could turn me into a sloth. I played along, but I don't think he understood what was going on. Its something that he picked up at school for sure, I just can't figure out what the sloth thing is all about.

Will dig and report back.