Weird things you noticed lately

MRAll134

Kingfisher
Whenever I go into shops locally nowadays, lots of people are wearing pentagrams. One lady at the counter (today) looked like a witch. I almost asked her if she was one, but I am sure she would have just said "yes." She looked like she should have been at home cutting off chicken heads, rather than customer service. Tonnes of tattoos too.

I don't know where to post it, but this is an ad from a major bank here in Brazil promoting a new way of money transfer between banks. Couple of interesting things to take notice.

CamelJockey

Pigeon
Same has been happening to me as well. I have also received text messages about it too.

Yes, these "accessories" "men" have been wearing lately have been very suspect. I've seen multiple individuals of a particular demographic wearing crossbody fanny packs like its masculine.
I know exactly what demographic you're talking about, and I've noticed that for quite a while. The weird thing is this fad was started by rich drug dealers but it's always the poor looking guys just following a trend to look cool.

CamelJockey

Pigeon
Have noticed we seem to be destroying western civilization so that a couple of generations of women can ride a dopamine wave in their teens and 20s.

That and men with waxed/shaved legs. I remember a girl mentioned to me a while ago that some men shave their armpits and legs now and I didn't believe it.

Have noticed it twice now, grown men wearing shorts and completely smooth legs.
I actually do shave my armpits because it's more hygienic to not have hairy pits that get sweaty and smell funky. It's sort of pointless to rub deodorant over hair.

Shaving legs is definitely gay though

scubadude

Woodpecker
I know exactly what demographic you're talking about, and I've noticed that for quite a while. The weird thing is this fad was started by rich drug dealers but it's always the poor looking guys just following a trend to look cool.
I have a couple of these cross body Fanny packs. They’re holsters. Convenient for large frame pistols and extra mags.

Easy_C

Peacock
There’s one and only one good reason to carry a fanny pack: they’re fantastic EDC/Concealed Carry bags. You can stuff in a few first aid supplies, a lighter, a gerber AND even a decently large handgun with some extra mags.

Volador26

Pigeon
I’m sure it’s been noted on the forum before, but attending Mass with the entire congregation masked up never ceases to be a strange (and sad) sight to behold.
To be fair, my experience is limited to the East Coast, hopefully there are brothers on here who are fortunate to be part of churches full of free thinking Christians

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member

Guys in Asia have been wearing the cross body bag things for decades now, it's really not that weird. Though it does make more sense in public transportation heavy countries like Japan, where you can't just leave your stuff in your car and have to carry things with you. Backpacks are usually too big just for your keys/wallet/phone/sunglasses/water bottle/whatever else you carry, and it's annoying having to completely take it off your back to get your stuff out.

I wore one of these all the time when I lived in Japan but never do anymore in the US where it doesn't feel as necessary (at least not if you don't live in the city.)

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Complete collapse of USPS package delivery. So many people in Washington DC either don't have jobs, or have them and are staying home and not doing them.
During the election there was almost a solid 2 months where mail wasn't getting delivered. Apparently the post office prioritized certain tires of mail over others.

That was my first mark of societal decline. When the mail stops working! I started prepping shortly after

Durden347

Sparrow
Welcome to 2021! It is not 2020 anymore. It flies so fast with COVID19. Been noticing a lot of more aggressive Leftists and rental cars. Yesterday, two guys (and a dog in a black vehicle, not surprised if it is a gay couple as I live in a big city) just gave me the middle finger out of nowhere for having pro Second Amendment stickers and Gadsden Flag in my car. They had the nerve to follow my car until I parked my car. Biden is President (after 'bonus' votes) now so I don't see what the fuss is about.

jonNorth

Sparrow
Coordinated climate change propaganda. They are going hard on this right now.

Many states are shutting their coal/natural gas fired power plants within this decade. Yet no cost effective and reliable alternative has been identified.

How exactly will the fleets of electric vehicles be powered? They won't be, the grid will be unreliable and prices will be very high.

This is a slow moving train wreck and very intentional

SpyofMoses

Sparrow
Welcome to 2021! It is not 2020 anymore. It flies so fast with COVID19. Been noticing a lot of more aggressive Leftists and rental cars. Yesterday, two guys (and a dog in a black vehicle, not surprised if it is a gay couple as I live in a big city) just gave me the middle finger out of nowhere for having pro Second Amendment stickers and Gadsden Flag in my car. They had the nerve to follow my car until I parked my car. Biden is President (after 'bonus' votes) now so I don't see what the fuss is about.
Similar thing happened to me a few times when I moved to the west coast a few years ago. It stopped when I got a new car without that Gadsden flag. That's when I realized the reactions I was getting weren't about my driving.