Welcome to RVF II

Roosh

Cardinal
I don't see a link for "Today's" posts. I usually read the forum that way every morning. Occassionally a friend will send me a link and I'll check in middle of the day on my phone, but only do a cursory read, so I like to be able to see everything in the last 24 hours, not just since my my last login.

Try using the "What's new" menu up top. If you mark forums read at the end of the day, you can visit the next day, click on What's new > New posts and experience a similar effect. If that's not doing it for you, you can request a feature in the Suggestion forum when it opens next week.

For the next few days, try to adapt to the existing software and see where that gets you. On the moderator side, a few things are missing/different, but I don't think it will take long to adapt.

Serie A1

Robin
A smooth and qualitatively excellent software upgrade. My concern was that the raw, earthy quality of the forum might be lost in transition, but the colour scheme really works to mitigate against this. Kudos!

redpillage

Ostrich
Gold Member
I like the new forum but have one suggestion: Is it possible to size down the icons? I think it would remove a lot of 'dead' white space and make it particularly easy on mobile devices. Also, is there are dark mode on this new platform? At night I hate to look at bright screens. That's one feature I really really enjoy about Reddit.

Roosh

Cardinal
I like the new forum but have one suggestion: Is it possible to size down the icons? I think it would remove a lot of 'dead' white space and make it particularly easy on mobile devices. Also, is there are dark mode on this new platform? At night I hate to look at bright screens. That's one feature I really really enjoy about Reddit.

Suggestions will be considered starting next week. Re-read the first post in this thread about that.

Dark mode tutorial was posted in the How-to forum at bottom of page: https://www.rooshvforum.com/#forum-meta.37

There's few issues when trying to view this on a cellphone.

When you click on a sub directory e.g. Coronavirus Pandemic, it lists the threads, but does not show the last post of each thread listed on the right side of the screen

Is it possible to have a "switch to desktop view" as in the old forum? This is very helpful when trying to view the site on a phone. When I select Desktop View in my phone brower, I see all the features, but it doesn't fit on my dispaly and I jhave to scroll across to see the full page.

Roosh

Cardinal
There's few issues when trying to view this on a cellphone.

When you click on a sub directory e.g. Coronavirus Pandemic, it lists the threads, but does not show the last post of each thread listed on the right side of the screen

Is it possible to have a "switch to desktop view" as in the old forum? This is very helpful when trying to view the site on a phone. When I select Desktop View in my phone brower, I see all the features, but it doesn't fit on my dispaly and I jhave to scroll across to see the full page.

This is more of a feature request. You can start a new thread on what you would like starting on Monday. Re-read the original post in this thread.

In mobile, if thread has unviewed posts, clicking thread title will take you to them. If thread is viewed, clicking will take you to top of thread.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
There doesn't appear to any "Last Post" shortcut in mobile mode, so you have to first click the thread title, then the last page's number once you're inside. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Ok, I see Roosh explained it above

SlickyBoy

Ostrich
Liking the dark mode feature; and the UI overall.
I'm guessing the back end is probably a bit more secure than the older forum software. Hope it wasn't a budget buster to switch.

Noticed the new "suspended" feature has already been tested by a member or two.... heh...

Roosh

Cardinal
Liking the dark mode feature; and the UI overall.
I'm guessing the back end is probably a bit more secure than the older forum software. Hope it wasn't a budget buster to switch.

Noticed the new "suspended" feature has already been tested by a member or two.... heh...

Yes maybe some public shaming will help members see the error of their ways. :D

bucky

Ostrich
Took a day or so to get used to, but so far I'm very much liking the new forum. It's vastly better on a smartphone, too. The Alerts drop-down is particularly good.

Has "Reaction Score" more or less replaced "Rep"?

LINUX

Ostrich
Gold Member
I have five + years worth of old pm's that I deleted many years ago that have all reappeared in my inbox, some with sensitive information , phone numbers , etc.

How did this happen if I deleted them many years ago? I thought they were purged from the forum once deleted. From what it looks like, it is every pm I have ever received, hundreds of them.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
"RooshVForum wants you allow notifications".

Okay.

*five minutes later*

Hmm. That's a bunch of notifications. I'm just going to shut off data and figure out how to customize it tomorrow.

*turns on data next day*

RVF:

Roosh

Cardinal
I have five + years worth of old pm's that I deleted many years ago that have all reappeared in my inbox, some with sensitive information , phone numbers , etc.

How did this happen if I deleted them many years ago? I thought they were purged from the forum once deleted. From what it looks like, it is every pm I have ever received, hundreds of them.

See here: