Welcome to RVF II

Roosh

Cardinal
Took a day or so to get used to, but so far I'm very much liking the new forum. It's vastly better on a smartphone, too. The Alerts drop-down is particularly good.

Has "Reaction Score" more or less replaced "Rep"?
Too early to tell, but looks like it.

I think the reaction score should be somewhat put below the nickname (on the left-hand side).
That would be the only additional thing i d like , the rest is all fine.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
I know we're supposed to wait a week to give suggestions but I would really appreciate being able to at least see the users post number under their avatar on any given thread.
I'm an old man and my memory for user names is getting shoddy. Being able to parse the regular contributors from the 3-post-shills at a glance would be nice, especially since so many regular members are using new avatars or no avatars at all.

Roosh

Cardinal
I know we're supposed to wait a week to give suggestions but I would really appreciate being able to at least see the users post number under their avatar on any given thread.
I'm an old man and my memory for user names is getting shoddy. Being able to parse the regular contributors from the 3-post-shills at a glance would be nice, especially since so many regular members are using new avatars or no avatars at all.
In the meantime, hovering over the member username gives you all that data.

ilostabet

Pelican
I noticed a red banner next to some usernames, saying suspended. Is this temporary suspension or banned for good?

Roosh

Cardinal
I noticed a red banner next to some usernames, saying suspended. Is this temporary suspension or banned for good?
Temporary suspension. Permanent suspension is when a line is through their name.

If someone has both a suspended banner and line through their name, what happened is that they were under suspension when they found a way to get banned (usually by sending unhinged PMs or false reports).

PainPositive

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I like the new forum. It's nice to have a fresh look. I used dark reader plug in to make it have a little more of a grey theme.

Great job Roosh.

Can you guys ban me please? Now that you have gone full popeboys I dont feel represented anymore unfortunately.

Also Roosh there is something I wanted to ask you for a few years already but never had the chance to do it in person - why the fuck your head is so big vs the rest of your body? Is that a camera effect or you really look like a real life manga character?

redbeard

Hummingbird
Can you guys ban me please? Now that you have gone full popeboys I dont feel represented anymore unfortunately.

Also Roosh there is something I wanted to ask you for a few years already but never had the chance to do it in person - why the fuck your head is so big vs the rest of your body? Is that a camera effect or you really look like a real life manga character?
I love that I can ignore people without going to their profile. Awesome! Thanks RVF 2.0 :like:

Rob Banks

Pelican
Temporary suspension. Permanent suspension is when a line is through their name.
Banned members are showing up without a line through their name. If you click on their username, it says "this user's profile is not available," but there is no way to tell that they are a banned member unless you click the username.

Last edited:

Roosh

Cardinal
Banned members are showing up without a line through their name. If you click on their username, it says "this user's profile is not available," but there is no way to tell that they are a banned member unless you click the username.
Can you link some examples?

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
I thought that banned members have that big red "SUSPENDED" block underneath their name? That said, a return of the glorious line through the username would be welcome (as an addition to SUSPENDED, not a replacement).

Rob Banks

Pelican
Can you link some examples?
I just checked again and now they are, in fact, showing up with a like through the username and a red banner under it that reads "banned."

The only thing it's not doing is pulling up their profile to show their posting history. It still says "this user's profile is not available."

When I would see an interesting post by a banned member, I used to like to look up their posting history to see why they ended up getting banned.

Roosh

Cardinal
I fixed it so the line goes through the name.

The new software doesn't allow a setting to view banned profiles. If you want to view their posts, do a search with their username.

Rob Banks

Pelican
Roosh, is there any way to quote multiple posts (i.e. to have a quote within a quote) like on the old forum?

When you hit "reply" to a post (and the post you're replying to already contains a quote) the quote will be automatically deleted, sometimes causing the post you are quoting to no longer make sense.

Rob Banks

Pelican
Put the link of a post with multiple quotes and I'll test it out.
OK, for example, if you try to reply to this post, it will only quote my reply. Your original post (which reads "Put the link of a post with multiple quotes and I'll test it out." will not appear in the quote.

Roosh

Cardinal
OK, for example, if you try to reply to this post, it will only quote my reply. Your original post (which reads "Put the link of a post with multiple quotes and I'll test it out." will not appear in the quote.
I see what you mean. If you need to quote multiple replies, go through the history of the thread and click reply for each message you want included in your post. If you prefer the old method, you can request this as a feature when the feature request forum opens next week.