Western media propaganda

OrthoSerb

Robin
Orthodox
I came across this story whilst at work today. I'm not convinced its true but either way it doesn't really matter. There's nothing informational here, just more conditioning of Westerners. The full story is here behind a pay wall:

There's an abridged version here:

At their home in Kyiv, Ukrainian volunteer fighters Oleksandr Zhuhan and Antonina Romanova pack for a return to active duty.

Their uniform bares a rare distinction - the image of a unicorn sewn into its standard-issue epaulets, just below the national flag - a symbol of their status as an LGBTQ couple who are Ukrainian soldiers.
What army allows people to serve as couples in the same unit (regardless of whether they're straight or not)? I'm also not convinced that the Ukranian army would generally allow people to sew LGBTQ symbols onto their uniform. It would be more plausible that they tolerated it in certain instances because the commanders were ordered by higher ups that they needed material for American news reporters (so that the American public can have confidence they're backing the woke side).

The pair would not describe themselves as LGBTQ activists, but they are both open about their sexuality - Romanova identifies as non-binary and uses she/her pronouns.

Zuhan says the mythical beast carries an important message for LGBTQ soldiers.

“It dates back to 2014 when Russian war started, and lots of people just said there are no gay people in the army. And so the LGBTQ community chose the unicorn because it is like a fantastic non-existent creature and so it became the symbol of LGBTQ people in the army.”

Neither trained to use weapons before the conflict in Ukraine began, but after spending a couple of days hiding in their bathroom at the start of the war, Romanova said they decided they had to do more:

“I just remember that at a certain point it became obvious that we only had three options: either hide in a bomb shelter, run away and escape, or join the Territorial Defense. We chose the third option.”
To be fair if you've spent a couple of days hiding in the bathroom it would be difficult not to do more.

The couple's first tour of duty around Mykolaiv in southern Ukraine, approximately 84 miles from the port town of Odesa, changed their lives.

They fought in the same unit - Zhuhan contracted pneumonia and they risked death from Russian artillery. But, they say their fellow fighters accepted them.

“There was no aggression, no bullying. A slight surprise, it was a little unusual for the others. But, over time people started calling me Antonina, some even used my “she” pronoun.”

However one overriding fear, voiced back in their apartment by Zuhan, remains.

“The thing I'm worried about is that in case I get killed during this war, they won't allow Antonina to bury me the way I want to be buried. They'd rather let my mum bury me with the priest reading the silly prayers and doing those religious things. But I am an atheist and I don’t want that.”
I don't understand this mentality. How can you be more afraid of a Christian burial than of death? Probably the biggest cognitive dissonance displayed in the article is in relation to a part that was left out of the abridged version:

For Zhuhan and Romanova, their vocation gives them an added sense of responsibility.

"Because what Russia does is they don't just take our territories and kill our people. They want to destroy our culture... and we can't allow this to happen" Zhuhan said.
These two are fighting to protect their culture but a priest reading prayers over the dead is silly. What culture are they fighting to preserve - the same one that they're afraid of?

Last edited:

Stoyan

Pelican
Orthodox
These two are fighting to protect their culture but a priest reading prayers over the dead is silly. What culture are they fighting to preserve - the same one that they're afraid of?
They are fighting to destroy the traditional Russian culture in Ukraine, because Ukraine was just a part of the greater Russian civilization, which has been ongoing fiercely de-Russianization, destroying this ancient culture, and the gays are one of the tools that are used for this task. Imagine how the territories of Ukraine, former homeland of the Russkies, now overrun with gay terrorists such as the ones above, which are fighting to protect the foothold of the gay culture in the lands of the greater Ruski civilization. It is a modern kind of cultural colonialism. They want to destroy our culture and replace it with the gay culture.

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I've always wondered how much public figures actually believe what they say.
Sean Hannity supposedly is 100% an actor, believing none of the conservatard talking points he makes every day when he reads his script.

Can Fukuyama be so stupid? Thinking that this is a war about Russia wanting to take Ukrainian territory?

Thinking Russia is a threat to the western way of life?

Believing Russia will use chemical or biological weapons? (particularly bizarre in Ukraine--Russia is discovering *American* biochem laboratories there)

OK I stopped when he said "No democratic state can go to war without the consent of its population" around 6:45. Complete and utter fool or tool.

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
How truthful of him. The subversive merchant behaviour is truly a stroke of genius when laid bare in full view. I really we wish we had some organisation such as Wikileaks giving out information as to where all of the money and arms were going. As the world tips further and further into a pressure cooker in many areas the demand for weapons and bombs only increases.

And just like big Pharma, the people behind it will get even fatter off of profits.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
I've always wondered how much public figures actually believe what they say.
Sean Hannity supposedly is 100% an actor, believing none of the conservatard talking points he makes every day when he reads his script.

Can Fukuyama be so stupid? Thinking that this is a war about Russia wanting to take Ukrainian territory?

Thinking Russia is a threat to the western way of lifBelieving Russia will use chemical or biological weapons? (particularly bizarre in Ukraine--Russia is discovering *American* biochem laboratories there)

OK I stopped when he said "No democratic state can go to war without the consent of its population" around 6:45. Complete and utter fool or tool.

You'd be surprised at how delusional the neoliberal base is wrt to Russia and many other aspects of geopolitics and culture, they really believe their propaganda.

I think neocons are much more cynical and evil, people like Nuland, Kagan, Bolton etc are really out to destroy Russia and dominate the world through brute force, economic power, subversion and deception. This is what separates neolibs from neocons.

Garuda

Pelican
Protestant
Cursed trad art:

FU1OXDUWUAA3dF0.jpg

MartyMcFly

Ostrich
Other Christian
Image^

vs.

reality:
140213-femen-doc-stern-tease_rnizqf

274769672_2316998831784671_490484099135082866_n-678x381.jpg

Shutterstock_7967944a.jpg
They might not even be Ukrainian. Wealthy liberal western women likely care more about Ukraine than their own country, husband, and possibly their own children as well (if they are married or have kids).

Of course, Ukraine won't matter soon as the media will find a new topic to make them enraged.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
They might not even be Ukrainian. Wealthy liberal western women likely care more about Ukraine than their own country, husband, and possibly their own children as well (if they are married or have kids).
That is also true for men, in the case of european mercenaries who have left their families to fight under the Ikea flag.

The core of the Femen women are ukrainian prostitutes and models, started out back when Onlyfans and ethots weren't a big thing yet. They are elevated as a kind of role model for young western women. Before the huge pussy hat marches in DC from the late 2010s, there was Femen, who set the tone for hysterical women SJW "activists".

Last edited:
the times 16062022.JPG
"People “in Germany, Italy and France are most concerned with the impact of war on cost of living and energy prices”, found the study, while “Swedes, Brits, Poles, and Romanians are more concerned about the threat of a nuclear war”.
Last week, the leaders of Latvia and Lithuania pleaded with fellow Europeans to look past the cost-of-living crisis to ensure Russia loses the war in Ukraine. “Our goal must be for Putin to lose the war. If it’s going to take some time, it’s worth it,” said Krisjanis Karins, the Latvian prime minister."