Western media propaganda

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
One of the most brazen distortions that I've seen in a long time:

Screenshot_20220825-223447.jpg
So let's imagine that Russia used to control some vast imaginary territory, compare it to the territory they currently control and keep expanding daily, then proclaim that "Russia is losing territory" to make it seem like Ukraine is winning and has expelled Russian forces out of 99% of its territory already.

:laughter::laughter::laughter::laughter::laughter::laughter::laughter::laughter:

God save whomever receives military advice from these people. They're probably the same ones who said it would take Taliban 6-12 months to take Kabul (it took them 2 days).

Belgrano

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I think that tweet makes it official: The ISW is run by chews on the same caliber of William Kristol. I think only chews can be so dishonest with a straight face.

The ISW was founded by Kimberly Kagan, who is married to Frederick Kagan. Both are well-known neocons.

Frederick Kagan's brother is Robert Kagan, the infamous neocon and co-founder (together with Bill Kristol) of the "Project for the New American Century".

Robert Kagan is married to Victoria Nuland.

Bill Kristol is on the ISW's board.

You can find out more here:

A case study in American propaganda
What is the Institute for the Study of War? And why do America’s elite media outlets trust it for all of their on-the-ground Ukraine information?

Philosopher

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I think about this a lot, how an "American Idiot"-era democrats, at least up the mid 2000s, opposed American imperial expansion and Bush wars, as well as free trade and gigacorporation plutocracy. A lot of the same stuff most of us believe, at least on an economic and foreign policy level. That all completely ended around the time of Occupy Wall Street, the puppetmasters got scared and launched the White Man Bad psyop with the Martyrdom of Saint Trayvon, and the NPC reprogramming was complete.

I'm really curious if anybody on here came from that formerly mainstream Democrat background after rejecting the new programming - and how you ended up here.
Yes, I was a former mainstream Democrat, organized anti-war protests in college during the Bush years and even worked for Obama's campaign. After moving to Russia, I had an experience where I had a live in girlfriend cheat on me and take my money - was starving. Realized that no one owes me anything and that the Democrats philosophy of relying on the govt (Obamacare) was misguided. Than I found Roosh's red pill pua articles and became more conservative. Euromaidan in 2014 probably sealed the deal for me. Later followed Roosh in supporting Trump and joined the GOP.

Samseau

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
The ISW was founded by Kimberly Kagan, who is married to Frederick Kagan. Both are well-known neocons.

Frederick Kagan's brother is Robert Kagan, the infamous neocon and co-founder (together with Bill Kristol) of the "Project for the New American Century".

Robert Kagan is married to Victoria Nuland.

Bill Kristol is on the ISW's board.

You can find out more here:

A case study in American propaganda

Kagan? Any relation to the Justice? Definitely a tribesman surname.

Gimlet

Pelican
That all completely ended around the time of Occupy Wall Street, the puppetmasters got scared and launched the White Man Bad psyop with the Martyrdom of Saint Trayvon, and the NPC reprogramming was complete.

I would argue that you are partially correct. You see, the puppet masters actively destroyed OWS using racial/sexual identity divisions, then expanded it into the rest of society. They were never scared...

Exhibit A: The glowing introduction of The Progressive Stack

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
FbbcVTrWIAE16BI

honklhonk.jpg

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Zelensky had a long interview with ABC that aired on Labor Day. I happened to catch a bit of it and it just made me very sad and a bit angry. Sad that they were manipulating the millions of Americans who tuned in thinking they would be "informed", and that their emotions were manipulated by the lies, softball questions and playing to sympathies. And mad that they are prolonging the war with more killing and destruction. I couldn't stand to watch more than a few seconds, but it seemed the reporter traveled to Ukraine for the interview.

Muir pressed: "So what you are telling me, more than six months into this war, is that you will cede no Ukrainian territory -- that is not on the table?"
"No," Zelenskyy responded. "We will not. No."

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Catholic
Gold Member
I'm used to all sorts of nonsense from Croatian media, which is in a fierce competition with the British Daily Mail to see who can produce the most idiotic content, but today's article on how "Russian military officials are raiding citizens' homes to requisition chips from their smart dishwashers and TVs to use in weapons, amidst a dire shortage caused by sanctions" surely takes the cake.

In the west the talking parrots will be repeating that this war is still going on long after Russia has finished their business and established their loyalists in control of the Ukraine. I suspect the western media mongoloids will keep doing this as part of a scheme to both have retarded fanatics go to the Ukraine to be killed and to keep up the charade of blaming others for the economic problems in America which are caused by their own masters.

Remember in this war, one side has child trannies and the other does not. We all know who is evil and who is not. That is as simple as it gets if you or anyone you know is questioning what they should feel about this whole thing, from a microcosm to a macrocosm.

Zanardi

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Remember in this war, one side has child trannies and the other does not. We all know who is evil and who is not. That is as simple as it gets if you or anyone you know is questioning what they should feel about this whole thing, from a microcosm to a macrocosm.
The only problem is that the one who is supposed not to be evil just lost in a couple of days what it won in 3 months, in northern Ukraine.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
The only problem is that the one who is supposed not to be evil just lost in a couple of days what it won in 3 months, in northern Ukraine.

No doubt the Russians royally screwed up by leaving the Izyum block undefended while 50,000 troops were doing training exercices on the Pacific coast 11 time zones away, but the big picture here is the body count, more so than the number of square kms, which they can remedy later. Last win which was supposed to be a big win for Ukraine was also one where they have lost up to 40,000 troops between the Kherson and Kharkov offensives.

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer

Fake news about "mass graves" found in Russian territory, implying Russia went on some sort of murderous spree:

So let me get it straight:
> back in July Ukraine rejected a Russian offer to return the bodies of dead soldiers
> so Russians buried their own enemies in individual graves, cross and all
> Ukrainians dug it up and are now crying massacre
You just can't get lower than this.

TCOCBR18

Sparrow
Orthodox
So I came across this article on the four referenda which have actually already begun as of this message. It's from The Moscow Times, which was founded during the Yeltsin era and at one time was marketed as the premier English-language newspaper in Russia. They are now an exclusively online source, if I'm not mistaken, but their articles do indeed get a decent bit of circulation in Western expert circles, prominently featured among American democracy analysts who write articles about Russia for American audiences. They are definitely on the list of credible sources.

So this article, called "Russia's Rushed Referendums", checks off many of the usual propaganda boxes. They absolutely love putting the word referendum in quotation marks, "referendum" to show how it's actually fake. There was a good bit of mockery and denigration of the LDPR leadership, mockery of the Russians as desperate and losing of course, and there was some magnification of the Ukrainians as heroes. There was a lot of very predictable stuff.

But then I looked at the information at the bottom of the article about the author. "Nikolaus Von Twickel is a Berlin-based analyst for the Center for Liberal Modernity." A Berlin-based analyst for the CENTER FOR LIBERAL MODERNITY. The Right couldn't even make up a caricature of these people that was worse that the way they actually are. I mean, how stereotypical can you possibly get? Imagine just embodying the caricature of an elite globalist propagandist so much, you literally work for an organization called the "Center for Liberal Modernity".

I proceeded to look at other Moscow Times articles, and started to notice a pattern that a lot of their articles were not even written by Russians, or if they are ethnically Russian, then they have moved to elite Western cities. I was seeing a lot of different analysts for various institutes, a lot of "European Integration Institutes" or things like that. And of course, none of this is surprising, but you just come to the conclusion, wow, they literally just have whole organizations devoted to propagating narratives and beaming these narratives into dissident countries like Russia via sponsored informational outlets like The Moscow Times. Just another good example of contemporary propaganda.