What are the best Youtube alternatives?

tractor

Woodpecker
I mostly use Bitchute, altough I would recommend everyone (especially outside the U.S.) to subscribe to lbry.tv or similar platforms if your favorite creator uploads there too.

BitChute hide videos or channels "deemed illegal" in user's country. It may be fine for the U.S. but the restrictions on free speech (hate crimes laws) are more severe in Europe, for instance. In Germany, I'm not able to access the channel Black Crimes Matter on Bitchute. I think it's because their videos feature swastikas all the time.

tractor

Woodpecker
Vimeo is as mainstream and censorship-heavy as YouTube, right?

I wouldn't even call Vimeo a Youtube alternative since it isn't mainly geared towards attracting viewers who would bring ad revenue. Their main target are content creators who need cheap video hosting with some additional features YouTube doesn't offer, like hiding the video link so the viewer can only see the embedded video on a website behind the paywall. Good for online courses or other cases where you don't want videos to be distributed freely.Plus, if you open the home page, the first thing you see are not video recommendations but the suggestion to see subscription plans. They don't really expect a lot of interactions with the hosted content.

It's certainly not the ideal place for daily political commentary, viral videos etc. regardless of their stance on free speech.

Last edited: