What are the best Youtube alternatives?

I think the age of centralised social media platforms is coming to an end. The decade of facebook, Google and Twitter will lead into a decade resembling the internet of the old, with individual websites taking center stage, using platforms such as Bitchute only to host videos that are shown on the individual, decentralised websites. This forum as well as Roosh V's blog is actually a good example, and many other commentators are following a more independent model away from youtube channels towards individual websites.

Platforms such as Youtube and Twitter will be more of an echo chamber, with dissenting voices censored, and showing more corporatised and overproduced content such as from Corporate News channels and celebrities who have to obey their management.

Last edited:

tractor

Woodpecker
Bitchute is already banning channels that are forbidden from countries that deem their content illegal. I can access to certain channels and videos only via VPN.

I'm not even sure decentralized platforms like LBRY are in a better position. Even if they don't ban some "controversial" content (critisism of Jews 'n [email protected]), they might end up being banned in certain countries. So, you'd need VPN one way or another.

Plus, Bitchute doesn't really ban channels or videos. It only hides them from some users. In my subscription list, I still see such channels and that their last upload was, for example, two days ago.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I'm not even sure decentralized platforms like LBRY are in a better position. Even if they don't ban some "controversial" content (critisism of Jews 'n [email protected]), they might end up being banned in certain countries. So, you'd need VPN one way or another.

I would guess virtually 100% of content is streamed from LBRY servers, as with Bitchute. Bitchute used to have upload and download arrows in their video, suggesting you were seeding the content, but that has gone. Some have alleged there is zero decentralisation.

You can host content on LBRY from your server/computer, but it has to be on all the time and that only provides a fragment of the media. I don't know what their long term strategy is.

I don't know what their ban policy is, or if they can even ban users.

There is also DLive, which is associated with the BitTorrent token, which is part of the Tron crypto infrastructure. They plan to make DLive fully or largely decentralised and they are the only project with enough money to make a good go at that.

These platforms are just beachheads. It is clear Gab cannot be allowed by the powers that be. They hate that the most, because Gab is the real deal in terms of dissident leadership.

Malta might be a good place to move hosting to. It's one of four countries where abortion is completely illegal and they are somewhat a hub for people wanting to get away from their own country (like Cyprus).

tractor

Woodpecker
Russia may unintentionally help destroy YouTube (and other soy platforms) even faster.