What are you currently reading?

Monty_Brogan

Woodpecker
Gold Member

It's a MASSIVE book, around 1000 pages. Really enjoying it so far. I haven't read any sci-fi in a long time and decided to go back to it. Mr. Hubbard also includes a very interesting introduction about the history of sci-fi.

Bizet

Woodpecker
I've started reading 'Demons' by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. I picked this book up after hearing Roosh praising it on a recent podcast.

I'm only about 50 pages in (the book is nearly 800 pages long), but so far it's quite good. Top-notch writing.

Hannibal

Ostrich
Gold Member
I am currently reading Atomic Habits by James Clear.

I decided that my limitations currently have nothing to do with a lack of aptitude, willpower, whatever other woo woo you want to call it, but a lack of structure that looks like discipline.

Discipline looks on the outside to be why many people with their shit together can aspire to lofty heights in any subject. In the past, whenever I got great at anything, it was always the result of an all consuming addiction, a need to feed a habit.

The book James Clear writes suggests that habits can be broken in the reverse order that they are built, and they can be done to yourself by yourself on a conscious and deliberate level.

So far I am finding it to be the case.

SlickyBoy

Ostrich
Post Office was great; thought I would like Women even more, but preferred the former.

A new twist on Bukowski is anything written by forum member Delicious Tacos. Not sure I can print the name of the book he's best known for here without getting suspended, but it's a pretty creative read.

Bizet

Woodpecker
Post Office was great; thought I would like Women even more, but preferred the former.

A new twist on Bukowski is anything written by forum member Delicious Tacos. Not sure I can print the name of the book he's best known for here without getting suspended, but it's a pretty creative read.
Check out 'Ham on Rye' if you haven't done so already. It's Bukowski's best work in my opinion. 'Ask the Dust' by John Fante is also a great read, especially if you're a fan of Bukowski/Delicious Tacos. Fante was a big infinfluence on Bukowski.

Lazuli Waves

Woodpecker
Has anyone read No More Christian Nice Guy: When Being Nice--Instead of Good--Hurts Men, Women and Children. I have not read it, but heard someone casually recommend it online.

Back Cover:
You can live with purpose, meaning, integrity, honesty, love, and faith. It's time to be who you were meant to be.

Tired of seeking other people's approval and how this "disease to please" ruins your life? Fed up with being passive, fearful, and anxious when you wish you were assertive and proactive--the way you see passionate, vital men live? Paul Coughlin unveils a better way with a powerful message that elevates the true biblical model of manhood above the prevailing views of church and culture.

"John Eldredge gave men permission to be 'wild at heart.' Paul Coughlin shows us how to do it. This book is a road map to a larger life."
--Dr Kevin Leman, Bestselling author of The Birth Order Book and Women Who Try Too Hard

"Paul Coughlin is challenging our thinking on what it means to be God's man in the twenty-first century. The apostle Paul pens in 1 Corinthians 16:13, 'Act like men.' That begs the question, What is a man? Coughlin is asking that question. This book is his excellent answer."
--Emerson Eggerichs, Ph.D., Author of Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires, the Respect He Desperately Needs

Edit: Not sure why the URL says "Robot Check"

Based on @Roosh's recommendation I am reading:
Logos Rising:

It was a little pricey and a bit disorienting at first but once I 'tuned in' I was blown away. A lot of this stuff I already 'knew' but having it distilled and articulated in once place made me realize despite my 'red/black/whatever pill' realizations I am often still thinking and living the modern secular narrative.

I am only 1/4 of the way through but already worth the purchase price.

jeffinjapan

Pigeon
I'm currently reading, "The Idiot" by Dostoyevsky; "Jesus-Fallen?" by Father Hatzidakis; "Unknown Empire" by Dean W. Arnold; and "Can't Hurt Me" by David Goggins.

I have the terrible habit of trying to read too many books at a time!

Last edited:
The Coming Revolution by Padraig Pearse
Demons by Fyodor Dostoevsky
The Lays of Ancient Rome by Thomas Babington Macaulay
Infantry Attacks by Erwin Rommel
The Lion of Flanders by Hendrik Conscience

In Broad Daylight. It's about the murder of a town bully in Skidmore, MO when the legal process failed the citizens. Reading it because I remember hearing about it when I was younger, and it was the first time I understood that the media has a vested interest in presenting a story that distorts the truth and maligns Americans.

estraudi

Kingfisher
Gold Member
In 2 days will be reading Might Is Right by Ragnar Redbeard. Heard many a good things about it and though it wasn't cheap to track down the most accurate edition I am actually excited about my book reading as I have been.
I'm a slow reader and will report back with a brief synopsis as I progress.

Spartan85

Pigeon
I am currently reading A Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde,The Cave and the Light by Arthur Herman and the The Wisdom of Life by Arthur Schopenhauer.