What are you currently reading?

GodfatherPartTwo

Woodpecker
I had read The Art of the Deal. Inspiring book.

How is Man in White?
Its not bad. I've read Cash's autobiography before. He's a better songwriter than author but it's interesting to see him do fiction which is hard for many authors to do. I've had the book for years and never got around to it so I figured what the hell.

For anyone looking for a very good book about Johnny Cash get Johnny Cash: The Life by Robert Hilburn. That book was fantastic.

Renzy

Pelican
Currently reading In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick.

Great book! I've always enjoyed books like that which illustrate just how resilient people can be when placed into a survival situation. If you like that type of genre, The Ice Master: The Doomed 1913 Voyage of the Karluk is another good one.

I just started reading Red Platoon by Clinton Romesha

PaulC

Robin
Great book! I've always enjoyed books like that which illustrate just how resilient people can be when placed into a survival situation. If you like that type of genre, The Ice Master: The Doomed 1913 Voyage of the Karluk is another good one.
I'll check it out. Thank you for the recommendation.

N°6

Ostrich
Belloc wrote good essays on usury (any interest on risk-free, unproductive loans).

I’m reading the NT along with the NKJV narration by Johnny Cash. His strong but dulcet southern tone is perfect, especially when the words meant something for him.

Just got the Philokalia Volumes 1 and 4 so I've been reading some of that every day. Great texts, no wonder these volumes are so central in the Orthodox tradition.

Also been re-reading Saint Philaret's Spiritual Sermons. They are so helpful and edifying I started re-reading them not long after finishing the short book.

I wouldn't mind getting some fiction if anybody has any recommendations.

fireshark

Sparrow
Saint Paisios the Athonite "With Pain and Love for Contemporary Man" Spiritual Counsels Series #1.

Been an excellent read up to this point, and greatly applicable to our time.