What are you currently reading?

Just finished Jewish Revolutionary Spirit. Definitely full of interesting history and facts. Maybe it’s just me, but I found the style it’s written in to be difficult to read. The format is chronological but each chapter/sub chapter is set about like some kind of case study of either a particular event or a specific person. There were so many names being tossed around (often with little to no significant introduction) with such frequency that it became difficult to follow or otherwise tedious at times. Overall a very informative book though.

Cicero12

Sparrow
Just finished Jewish Revolutionary Spirit. Definitely full of interesting history and facts. Maybe it’s just me, but I found the style it’s written in to be difficult to read. The format is chronological but each chapter/sub chapter is set about like some kind of case study of either a particular event or a specific person. There were so many names being tossed around (often with little to no significant introduction) with such frequency that it became difficult to follow or otherwise tedious at times. Overall a very informative book though.

Whenever I read Tolstoy or Russian novels with a huge cast of characters, I write out a list of them and their roles at the end of the book. Or a notebook. Hope that helps.

I'm reading What Are the Odds? by MyPillow guy Michael Lindell. It's an easy bedtime read. About his life as a crack addict and major f-up, to finding Christ and forming a successful company. Makes me feel better about my life, dude made so many horrendous decisions for decades, it's almost tough to believe somebody like that could find redemption. I usually read more challenging stuff so this is a nice break.

datdude84

Pigeon
Currently reading 0 to 1 by Peter Theil. This is the guy who started PayPal and invested in Facebook in the super early days. Book is about how to get your company off the ground and making sure it's a company/investment worth looking at. I'm halfway through in 1 day and I'm locked in

DeFide

Robin
Before Lent I had been reading Work of Human Hands: A Theological Critique of the Mass of Paul VI by Rev. Anthony Cekada. THIS tome just arrived in the mail today: Vatican II Exposed As Counterfeit Catholicism by Frs. Francisco and Dominic Radecki, CMRI. I had no idea this book would be so large when I ordered it and it’s about the size of a Family Bible.
0CFCB67D-932F-4440-8D5F-F6A2704E3259.jpeg

I plan to pick these back up after Easter. But I’ve decided that during Lent, I am only going to read devotional type books, so these are the four I’m reading through in order:
1) Four Last Things by Fr. Martin von Cochem
2)Twelve Steps to Salvation & Holiness from the works of St. Alphonsus Liguori
3)The Sinner’s Guide by Ven. Louis of Grenada
4) The School of Jesus Crucified by Fr. Ignatius of the Side of Jesus, Passionist.
8A71F08C-A43D-4E72-B382-8C0D306A0854.jpeg