What are you currently reading?

OrthoLeaf

Sparrow
The Gurus, the Young Man and Elder Paisios - Dionysios Farasiotis (pseudonym)

Phenomenal book! The pdf can easily be found online. One of the craziest stories I've ever read. It follows a young Greek man, as he loses his childhood faith (Holy Orthodoxy) and begins to explore the occult, witchcraft, Hinduism and other "new age" religious ideas as a young adult. Before long, he finds himself jumping headfirst into the spiritual epicenters of both Orthodoxy (Mount Athos) and Hinduism (India) in an effort to discover the truth and mysteries of the universe. What takes place is a fascinating contrast between the two competing religions and a young mans spiritual struggle between two radically different worldviews and approaches to the spiritual life. Strongly recommend this!

stugatz

Pelican
Courtesy of Better Bachelor's recommendations, reading this. It's very breezy and I should be done with it by tonight. I like how he's cynical, but not overly so (my main problem with any content that leans MGTOW).

DanielH

Pelican
Started re-reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe for the first time since I read it in 4th grade. Loving it so far. I will read the rest of the series, which I have not read before, afterwards.

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
Pleasure:
Libido Dominandi
The Wim Hoff Method (audiobook)

Religious Study:
The Ignatius Study Bible New Testament
This Is the Faith: A Complete Explanation of the Catholic Faith

Work:
Fox on Canadian Law of Trade-marks and Unfair Competition

Czee

Chicken
Hi guys. Fairly new here. Though not new to Roosh. I actually met him >5 yrs ago in NYC when he gave a speech in a hotel, and prob met some of you IRL. Anyway, I'm reading Jordan Peterson's new book, I find this passage where he's describing him and his wife's illness, very moving:

"When you are visited by chaos and swallowed up, when nature curses you or someone you love with illness, or when tyranny rends asunder something of value that you have built, it is salutary to know the rest of the story: All of that misfortune is only the bitter half of the tale of existence, without taking note of the heroic element of redemption, or the nobility of the human spirit requiring a certain responsibility to shoulder. We ignore that addition to the story at our peril, because life is so difficult that losing sight of the heroic part of existence would cost us everything."

Papist

Robin
Pleasure:
Libido Dominandi
The Wim Hoff Method (audiobook)

Religious Study:
The Ignatius Study Bible New Testament
This Is the Faith: A Complete Explanation of the Catholic Faith

Work:
Fox on Canadian Law of Trade-marks and Unfair Competition

What do you think of that? It sounds very interesting.

Polyhistor

Pigeon
“Wir draußen” (“We Out There”) by Colin Ross, the memoirs of an Austrian commander from WWI, mainly from the battles in today’s Ukraine and Serbia. It was written when the author was on sick leave in 1916, so the memories were absolutely fresh. The descriptions are, one the one hand, extremely vivid, on the other hand, cold as ice, e.g. when he describes how a platoon advancing in front of his one one fails to notice a Russian machine gun and is mowed down completely. An other time, his artillery battery on the March meets a Russian battery, also in the March, on open field without cover. At a distance of one mile, both sides race to bring their guns into firing positions. Since the author was able to describe this event in his book, the Austrians were slightly faster.
It is absolutely incredible what men were able to tolerate just 100 years ago, both in terms of physical hardship and of constant threat of death.

FactusIRX

Kingfisher
What do you think of that? It sounds very interesting.
I didn't much about the Wim Hoff method before I started the book. The actual writing is not great, but I do think there is some use for cold water / weather therapy for improving cardiovascular health, and the book discusses the method for doing that.

DeFide

Robin
The Sinners Guide Venerable Louis of Grenada (1504-1558)

The Four Last Things: Death, Judgment, Heaven, Hell Fr. Martin von Cochsm, O.S.F.C.

12 Steps to Salvation and Holiness from the works of St. Alphonsus Liguori