What are you currently reading?

Lawrence87

Chicken
Orthodox
I am one of those people who have about 7 books on the go at once.

Right now I am trying to limit it to:

The Art of Prayer by Igumen Chariton Valamo
On the Prayer of Jesus by Ignatius Brianchaninov

I also read a small part from My Life In Christ by St. John of Kronstadt each day

OrthoCole

Chicken
Orthodox Catechumen
I am one of those people who have about 7 books on the go at once.

Right now I am trying to limit it to:

The Art of Prayer by Igumen Chariton Valamo
On the Prayer of Jesus by Ignatius Brianchaninov

I also read a small part from My Life In Christ by St. John of Kronstadt each day
I envy your reading abilities. How are you able to follow and remember from these books at the same time? Got any tips for an amateur reader who is trying to build up this discipline?

Lawrence87

Chicken
Orthodox
I envy your reading abilities. How are you able to follow and remember from these books at the same time? Got any tips for an amateur reader who is trying to build up this discipline?

To be honest with you I'm not amazing at retaining everything from the books I read, and I have to make a conscious effort to narrow down my reading to a couple of books at a time. It's definitely more of a passion than a virtue that I have loads of books on the go, like a novelty seeking thing I suppose.

One thing that seems to help me retain information for some reason is using a highlighter to highlight passages that stand out as important. I think this might be down to the fact that I re-read it when I'm going over it with the highlighter pen.

Another thing that helps is to have a journal to write in any meaningful quotations that you come across. Both of these things slow the process down though, rather than speed it up. But they definitely help the retention of information.

I'm really not the best person to answer this, I probably gave off the wrong impression in my post. My reading lots of books is mostly because I get excited about new things, and I'm impatient so I end up picking up lots of books at the same time.

Mr Gibbs

Woodpecker
Currently working on Revolt Against the Modern World by Evola. Between the translation and the author’s wordiness, it’s difficult. Some interesting ideas though.
I read that a while ago and honestly I love Evolas work but that book tends to drag, the best parts are his criticisms of America and the Soviet Union at the end. If you wanted to check out some more of evolas work id recommend going to counter currents its got a pretty good chunk of his articles over there! https://counter-currents.com/2021/05/remembering-julius-evola-9/