What are you currently reading?

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox

BasedBaker

Sparrow
"Irenaeus Protestant, Hippolytus Roman Catholic, Ephrem Eastern Orthodox"

Dude, what...
My thoughts as well. The Protestants want to make it seems like they started right after the crucification of Jesus Christ but yet were wayyyyy different than those Catholics who are so wrong. One of the "highly respected" Protestant pastors said the Left Behind Series were the greatest theological work since the Bible. That's the mentally we are dealing with.
I'm not saying this guy should be banned or he shouldn't post what he's reading, but when you do post you have to defend your choices.

Maddox

Robin
raEtkeTQ3iJSpO7bIKlnccTqA87BC7YMKumuaT8HJ6CPECSjQpU7CG_D9Gc29IiVNcOrzKqXVx-Cv-EfGXUaq-XI-QrzW95dxFLZB-ubz_YRmP6jV-eXHR9_goEwJtX1

I'll give a proper review of this once I'm finished. Steinbeck's writing is good, although it's not as enthralling as Updike who I last read. Not having seen the film, I went into this thinking it was all about two brothers. But it's veered off into red pill land starring a simp and a femme fatale.

Maddox

Robin
WNCYL_EastOfEden-1020x686.jpg

I'll give a proper review of this once I'm finished. Steinbeck's writing is good, although it's not as enthralling as Updike who I last read. Not having seen the film, I went into this thinking it was all about two brothers. But it's veered off into red pill land starring a simp and a femme fatale.

Uponthisrock

Sparrow
Currently reading Thomas Sowell's Black Rednecks and White Liberals.
I can never recommend Thomas Sowell too much.
Looks at the connection between the poor whites of early America and the Ghetto culture praised in society today and how the White Liberal holds minorities down.
Also reading Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton. Sci-fi with future tech and aliens.
I always try to pair something very serious with some fictional entertainment and this time it's Sci-Fi.

I'm always reading the Bible, and currently reading The Beach by Alex Garland and actually just finished A Dead Bat in Paraguay by Roosh (really good memoir). Actually, I'm about halfway though The Beach and it's interesting how similar it is thematically to Dead Bat. Both show the dark side of travel but also make me really regret not traveling more.

Last edited: