What are you listening to?

Oberrheiner

Pelican
It was recommended to me too, I seriously doubt we listen to much in common.
The youtube suggestions have been pretty useless to me for quite some time already though .. they're mostly irrelevant, no idea why.
They used to be very helpful, until .. I don't know, maybe a year ago or something ?
Not sure, kids made me lose my sense of time I must admit :(

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
Ahh the 90s...back when the lyrics were tight and the jeans were loose.

Sadly now it's the other way around...

Pete Rock in a 2007 interview with Village Voice:

I had a friend of mine that passed away, and it was a shock to the community. I was kind of depressed when I made it. And to this day, I can't believe I made it through, the way I was feeling. I guess it was for my boy. When I found the record by Tom Scott, basically I just heard something incredible that touched me and made me cry. It had such a beautiful bassline, and I started with that first. I found some other sounds and then heard some sax in there and used that. Next thing you know, I have a beautiful beat made. When I mixed the song down, I had Charlie Brown from Leaders of the New School in the session with me, and we all just started crying."

Zep

Kingfisher
Still can't find the samples used for this incredible backing track, Craig Mack said this was his favorite track off the album, it's mine too. I've looked online for the samples used but can't find what sounds were used. I like the ahhhhh ahhhhh background singers loop and the loop that sounds like a slowed-down plucky guitar.

Zep

Kingfisher
Billy Joels "Just the way you are" ran through my head at work yesterday? I must be getting old. It's a very well written tune, great music, great lyrics. Also, I'm pretty sure he had "not in love" by 10CC in his head somewhere, that oscillating Rhodes plus the background Ahhhh's are very "Not in Love".

Not in Love - 10 CC

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member
This is for my boy D.

1:55

To see the love a father has for his daughter.

The Shoreline Ampitheatre gig is quite something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_School_Benefit

Made me think of that story Roosh just told about someone chewing gum in 'back of class' and when he turns around...

Oh boy, didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Pathos and bathos all contained within one.

if you care: https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-pathos-and-vs-bathos/

A lot of top bands played that gig over 30 years. Mazzy Star seemed to die a bit that day, but then again their main songwriter actually did die the other day, so...

You can see lots of video from those gigs over the years. The kids are a bit 'out of it' shall we say, but they are being encouraged by their parents. I wouldn't like to come up against those two Italian Stallions, let's say. Like I said: a father's love for his daughter. Touching.

It was a hard gig, but the music shone through. Soft spot for Mazzy Star.

Kudos to them for playing such a tough crowd.

But even if it was a hard gig, there was good will all around, they got a great round of applause at the end of it.

Even if you aren't in the mood sometimes, it is courteous to show appreciation for other's efforts.

That little girl with all her difficulties has a serious Daddy to look after her. And I wouldn't even want to mess with her uncle. She got protection. She'll make it through. Best she can.

God bless them all.

This is something I never thought I'd see, Charlie Sheen in Lil Pump's music video. Some dope ass music vids these days:

Can't get enough of Russian Hip Hop, the scene is so exciting and original at the moment:

And some old school Yugoslav disco for good measure, a hidden gem:

Johnnyvee

Pelican
Never heard the full version of this tune before. Must admit it`s pretty good, even though I`ve never been a huge Kate Bush fan. Sounds very contemporary in a sense.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
This album is a masterpiece... it broke all the norms of the popular female pop songs at the time. An she writes all her own songs including the ones in this album when she was 15-16 years old.

And the ever popular song

The whole album is pretty much fire

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member
For the not so mean spirited:

=================
Now he's brought down the rain
And the Indian summer is through
In the morning you'll be following your trail again
Fair play to you
You ain't calling me to join you