What are you listening to?

Forester

Sparrow
always listening to the war on drugs. always making great music.

Hadn't heard of this band before, but really digging some of their songs so far (especially when listening through some quality speakers or headphones)!

Heard this one on a small community radio station today and had to give it a few more listens this evening:

Last edited:

HKBhusal

Pigeon
I like ratatat's old 90s era rap mashups (more tastefully melodic), bootleg underground remixes in general spanning various genres, nothing mainstream or commercial:

Examples (*warning: uncensored language/themes*):

FTW (Prod. By Terry Urban) - Lana Del Rey & Notorious B.I.G

Wrong Game (Prod. By nVMe) - Lana Del Rey & Notorious B.I.G

stugatz

Pelican
Hadn't heard of this band before, but really digging some of their songs so far (especially when listening through some quality speakers or headphones)!

Heard this one on a small community radio station today and had to give it a few more listens this evening:
War On Drugs is PHENOMENAL. I saw them live in 2014 for dirt cheap, and was blown away. Listen to their entire album Lost in the Dream, you won't be disappointed.

I'd say they're definitely an 80s throwback band, with a little bit of shoegaze thrown in...listen to that oddball droning end of Under the Pressure, and tell me they don't sound a little like My Bloody Valentine.

stugatz

Pelican

This might be a video game soundtrack, but I've listened to it for years - REALLY good music. This was really the acme of how good the soundtracks to 1990s FPS games got. (I may have a soft spot for Doom, but that was a bunch of Megadeth and Metallica ripoffs.)

fokker

Pelican

If Porcupine Tree had made more Britpop like this, they'd have become one of the genre's biggest bands, but instead they ended up becoming one of those pseudo-metal bands teenagers who cut themselves listen to. Steven Wilson also seems to have his head up his arse recently.

stugatz

Pelican

I heard this one last week as a YouTube commercial and immediately had to look up the song. I was stunned at how much I immediately liked it.

It just has an absolutely perfect pop arrangement. It builds beautifully as the song continues, and each verse just keeps topping the last one.

The tricks might be a little cheap, I admit, but I’ve had this stuck in my head for a week and haven’t minded.

It’s a shame the lyrics suck - it seems like they have to say “I’m a hopeless romantic” in as vulgar a manner as possible these days.