What are you listening to?

DeWoken

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
For those that can't stand the thought of not flying around all the time...

(warning: miniskirt and dancing)

aitsu wa itsumo tonderu - hae otoko
(that guy is always flying around - fly boy)

Nick Fuentes put out his White Boy Summer playlist a week ago on Spotify and Apple Music, some good songs so far (300 total). I mostly listen to audiobooks though, the first two volumes of the Stalin biography by Stephen Kotkin are good, just finished Ian Kershaw's two-volume Hitler biography, Andrew Roberts' Napoleon bio was great and I'm listening to his Churchill bio now. You can periodically get free credits as part of a trial with Audible and then just cancel before you are charged, even subbing for a few months just to get the books you want is worth it instead of paying full price.

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/white-boy-summer-official-njf-version/pl.u-2aoq8ZzHG2ZyepR

stugatz

Pelican
just finished Ian Kershaw's two-volume Hitler biography
That biography is PHENOMENAL. One of the best histories of anything I've ever read, it's often exciting at times, hard to achieve that with a straight history book.

I read the abridged one-volume first for a class - didn't have the level of painstaking detail, but it was a fantastic read just the same.

stugatz

Pelican
Posting this because this is an album I've been trying to get through for years, and I just can't do it. I'll achieve it shortly - I have a pretty extensive to-listen list that I am eager to get through this summer.

Anyone else heard this album? Something about the odd chaotic-but-relaxing sound just unsettles me. It sounds like a musical interpretation of mental illness. (Which probably isn't surprising - the lead vocalist/songwriter of this band went off the rails shortly after releasing this, and didn't end up releasing a follow up album until TWENTY-TWO YEARS had gone by. He's almost the JD Salinger of alternative rock.)

Posting this because this is an album I've been trying to get through for years, and I just can't do it. I'll achieve it shortly - I have a pretty extensive to-listen list that I am eager to get through this summer.

Anyone else heard this album? Something about the odd chaotic-but-relaxing sound just unsettles me. It sounds like a musical interpretation of mental illness. (Which probably isn't surprising - the lead vocalist/songwriter of this band went off the rails shortly after releasing this, and didn't end up releasing a follow up album until TWENTY-TWO YEARS had gone by. He's almost the JD Salinger of alternative rock.)

ive had that album many years, this is the only song that ever made any sense to me (chord progression wise)

MartyMcFly

Woodpecker
I just heard this in a Christian movie and looked it up. I have discovered some good country music fairly recently. Good message. Charlie Daniels has quite a few good songs.

Philonous

Sparrow
Red Rider. Tom Cochrane’s band from the 80’s.

He’s the guy who did the “Life Is A Highway” song 10 years later.

Love the outro on this thing. How it’s so simple, yet comes together so well.

“Here, play these 3 synthesizer chords, then hit this drum 3 times, sustain this note, fade in and out this noise, do this pick scratch”—and then something else just comes in and takes over. Some “spirit of nature”—only it’s a good nature spirit, something that dignifies the Spirit of Man, rather than one so many bands have used as a means to sway girls out of their pants.

And what do I think of the political message of the song?

Well, we now live in an era when any churchgoing white person is considered “the lunatic fringe”. However, whenever you see some non-MSM source do a poll of people’s opinions, all this anti-white/anti-patriotic garbage tends to be way down at the bottom of popularity.

And so we’re not the actual lunatic fringe. The actual lunatic fringe are the people running the American Empire right now—them, and their (((owners))).

Philonous

Sparrow
While at the MVA the other day I heard this old song from the 1990s that I still happen to like.

I was born into bad circumstances on different fronts; I was a powerless young man pitted against unprincipled authority figures. Even now I fear going back into the workforce—dealing with CRT Stasi much as I was dealing with the overlords of capitalism 20 years ago.

Aside from that I dealt with human beings who were little more than walking blanks—like their auras were nothing but different shades of gray. Today’s world is no different (not in that regard). In fact, one could argue commercial American culture hasn’t changed since 2000—cars look the same; music sounds the same (or worse).

And the “good men of religion” of 20 years ago?

Give me a break.

“Good at shaking down parishioners for a dollar”—that’s what they were good at.

There are so many things which, as a Christian myself, I try not to get into saying on here, as I realize we’re now in a profoundly anti-Christian era, and it’s not my purpose to dispirit persons struggling for something noble. But even so, in any real appraisal of what was done in American Christianity in the years from 1980 to 2010, it amounts to just a bunch of smug materialistic garbage.

Wave that Scofield, preacher.

Then watch the Catholics fall inline.

Bunch of empty heads with a string running through all of them, all bowing down to the same Federal Reserve Notes.

The 80s were bad; the 90s were little different. In fact, it was an even bigger aggravation in the 90s, as you saw all the lies and philandering coming from Bill Clinton, and you wanted some sort of virtuous bulwark to resist him—only to get hit with endless modern versions of the alms-seekers from the Canterbury Tales.

I remember falling / I remember marching / Like a one man army / Through the blaze / I know I'm coughing / I believe in something / I don't wanna remember falling / For your lies…