What are you listening to?

EgoDeath

Robin

Meant to post this a while back. Politics aside, /thread.

These are the lyrics from a translation I've adjusted, taken from: here

Ducklings float on the (river of) Tisyna.. (x2)

I don't know where I'll die..
I don't know where I'll die..

Oh, I am going to die on foreign lands,
I will die on foreign lands.

Won't you be sorry for me, mother?
Won't you be sorry for your son, mother?

Oh, my son, how could I not regret?
My son, how could I not regret?

You were laying on my heart,
You were laying on my heart..

The ducklings float...

Philonous

Sparrow
Put on a clean Eton silk shirt and splash myself with Dolce & Gabbana. Capezio dress shoes. Military creases and sock suspenders. Fresh cut dozen roses. Show up on time take my date dancing. Just need the right sort of music to help me bust a move.

Try this:

stugatz

Pelican
This came on the radio at work yesterday and I began listening to most of Nickelback's main hits over the past week.

Yeah, they're definitely a third-rate Pearl Jam wannabe post-grunge group and recycle their melodies, but that "they're the worst band ever" meme got annoying for a reason - and as a result, most of the comments on YouTube these days are positive. They're perfectly listenable, and generally don't grate on me as much as today's R&B that all uses that exact same drum machine track.

Maybe I and a bunch of others just wish it was 2006 again, and are going easy on them? Maybe music has gotten so bad lately they just seem good in comparison? Oh well. I'd see them live if tickets were reasonably priced.

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer

Fascinating glimpse of the King in rehearsal. Besides the amazing voice, you can see his production and team skills at work, and the great respect he commanded. And his band is multicultural in a way that is pleasant and makes you feel good about America.

(Elvis befriended a black female group called The Sweet Inspirations and added them to his tour. They sang beautiful harmonies on many of his songs, especially American Trilogy / Wish I was in Dixie-- there was nothing at all racist about it back then, and they were just as proud to be southern as Elvis was.)

unit414

Robin
I can see my tastes vary substantially from most here (generation gap?). Right now listening to a long Nordic music track

It speaks to my Scandi side and racial consciousness. Most peeps won't get it, I realize. Also like a lot of classical like the Strauss waltzes, and much of the older (60s-80s)) country music. I guess in the depths of my DNA lurk elements of the Viking, as well as the redneck from Dad's rural midwest side. :cool:

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
This band and album are practically unknown, but if you're into Stoner/Doom Metal this is absolutely stellar. Unfortunately it's not a Christian band, and the lyrics seem mostly mythology-oriented, but the musicianship are vocal style are top-notch.

Last edited:

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
This band and album are practically unknown, but if you're into Stoner/Doom Metal this is absolutely stellar. Unfortunately it's not a Christian band, and the lyrics seem mostly mythology-oriented, but the musicianship are vocal style are top-notch.
Do you have issue with metal often being dark/Satanic inspired? I listen a lot to reggaeton but it gets my passions going so I try to avoid it completely. All sensory input matters as you put it rightly :)

MichaelWitcoff

Hummingbird
Orthodox
Yes, I try to listen to Christian music as often as possible and never listen to stuff that’s openly satanic. I play guitar though so sometimes I’ll listen to bands I wouldn’t normally listen to for musical ideas while ignoring the lyrics.