What are you listening to?

DeWoken

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Nice! I never played that game, I'll have to give this a listen in full :like:

Here are a couple of tunes from a nostalgic SNES game, Secret of Evermore, that I listened to recently. Some of those 16-bit (and 32-bit) composers were very dedicated and talented men.

Storekeepers
A Boy and his Dog

fireshark

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Probably my favorite album of last year. This group really knows how to write meaningful songs and play their instruments.

Last edited:

Grow Bag

Pelican
Just been listening to Eric Clapton latest upload. I've always loved this MTV version of Layla and this latest version is even more laid back and beautifully nuanced. Superb.

MartyMcFly

Woodpecker
Better than Metallica and always have been :

I used to be into Alice and Chains but then I found them too depressing to listen to. Old Metallica ('Ride the Lightning', 'Master of Puppets', and the self-titled 'black' album') are loaded with energetic songs. Even though the 'Load' album is weaker than earlier ones, it was my gateway album to get into hard rock/heavy metal and it has a few good songs as well. One of my favorite songs from Metallica:

MrFreezy

Robin
I used to be into Alice and Chains but then I found them too depressing to listen to. Old Metallica ('Ride the Lightning', 'Master of Puppets', and the self-titled 'black' album') are loaded with energetic songs. Even though the 'Load' album is weaker than earlier ones, it was my gateway album to get into hard rock/heavy metal and it has a few good songs as well. One of my favorite songs from Metallica:

Thats right AIC is more on the depressive side. And I enjoy Metallica very much too. But I just adore very much Jerry Cantrells songwriting and guitar playing style. What a talented guy!
Metallica are legends no doubt but it looks like James Hatfield is quite the AIC fan himself. I wonder if its the same the other way round...

Martinlb

Chicken
Six Organs of admittance - Shelter From the Ash. An amazing record, one of my favourites, originally written during the Iraq war as a protest/commentary i think. The album was dedicated to Veterans for peace. It is like a timeless protest album, it conveys the feeling of the little guy standing up in rightous anger to the evil empire of Caesar, and is thus a very appropriate piece of music to listen to today