What are you listening to?

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
Christmas is over but anytime is good to listen to Christmas songs. The video intro is quite funny. This song has a lot of energy and I like the idea of turning a traditional song into a Heavy Metal song.

Turretin

Banned
Protestant
While driving I listen to pop, but at home mostly classic. Makes me feel someone sophisticated, I'm not lying. I sometimes even move my hands as if I would conduct an orchestra althoughh I have no clue about music. At the moment I'm into Chopin.

Pointy Elbows

Kingfisher
Orthodox
An old family favorite, excellent for fireworks show (from minutes 12-end for short show):

Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture - with Cannons, Bells, and Fireworks

Interesting explanation of 1812 Overture:

Explains why the introduction sounds so familiar to Orthodox Christians: "Spasi, Gospodi, lyudi Tvoya" - O Lord, Save thy People.

Last edited:

bubs

Robin
Protestant
I like 80s and 90s pop music. Most of it is trash, but it is very relaxing and well produced, very clean sound.
If you like 80’s pop, have you ever heard of a newish band called “The Bleachers”? Their songwriting and melodies are better than most anything on pop radio today, but very much have an 80’s sound to them. If John Hughes we’re still alive and making teen movies today, Bleachers would be in the soundtrack for sure.

Turretin

Banned
Protestant
If you like 80’s pop, have you ever heard of a newish band called “The Bleachers”? Their songwriting and melodies are better than most anything on pop radio today, but very much have an 80’s sound to them. If John Hughes we’re still alive and making teen movies today, Bleachers would be in the soundtrack for sure.
Yeah, It sounds good.