What book changed your life?

All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren

I bought this book from a street vendor for 20 cents when I was 15 years old. The amount of red pill knowledge is astounding in this book: from beta bux to alpha fucks to political scandals and blackmail. Just do yourself a favor and read it.

Also read An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser and The Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck.
 

Laska

 
Shakespeare's plays, the Bible, Aristotle's Ethics, The Oresteia (it's so good), The Book of Mormon (seriously underrated, especially the political commentary), Les Miserables, Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov (it's like my mind and soul put in a book), and Tolstoy's Resurrection.

I know that's more than one, but as the saying goes, "beware the man of one book."
 

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Laska said:
Shakespeare's plays, the Bible, Aristotle's Ethics, The Oresteia (it's so good), The Book of Mormon (seriously underrated, especially the political commentary), Les Miserables, Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov (it's like my mind and soul put in a book), and Tolstoy's Resurrection.

I know that's more than one, but as the saying goes, "beware the man of one book."
I'm with you on everything except the Book of Mormon. Too full of "verilys."

Sounds like someone read the King James Bible once and tried to start his own religion.
 

Elster

Pelican
Gold Member
^ Young blade, meeting the wind age with a grin, a sharp bearded axe and sunglasses because who the fuck cares if the wolves caught the sun chariot , the glasses stay, biatches!

The skalds sing on...!
 

Laska

 
Posted by debeguiled - Today 01:00 PM
(Today 11:34 AM)Laska Wrote:
Shakespeare's plays, the Bible, Aristotle's Ethics, The Oresteia (it's so good), The Book of Mormon (seriously underrated, especially the political commentary), Les Miserables, Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov (it's like my mind and soul put in a book), and Tolstoy's Resurrection.

I know that's more than one, but as the saying goes, "beware the man of one book."

I'm with you on everything except the Book of Mormon. Too full of "verilys."

Sounds like someone read the King James Bible once and tried to start his own religion." His quote ends here (I don't know how this quote system works).

Me: That's what I thought for a while, but when I started learning about early English syntax for a writing project, and was going through texts to better familiarize myself. I found the Bible, like Shakespeare, to be written in a heavily latinized English, whereas The Book of Mormon seemed very close to early modern English. You get things like, "they labored with their mights," or you find in the very first passage a sentence about "goodly parents" in the context of being wealthy. I'm no expert, though. It's a book you expect it to be a lot of emphatic religious noise, but its a dark horse among books if you can get into it.

Also, I want to add that Tolstoy's War and Peace was transforming: Anatole had game, plus it shows imperfect, but happy families pre-women's movement, and it's extremely fast paced, realistic, and Epic! Roosh should read it if he hasn't already.
 

Batman_

Woodpecker
Stumbled across this thread and figured it was worth a bump. For me it was a combination of "Free Will" by Sam Harris and "Why Buddhism is True" by Robert Wright.
 
How to Win Friends and Influence People - Classic

Trust Me, I’m Lying - Made me realize that I can’t trust MSM

The Story of O - Totally ruined my White Knight persona. Basically a 50 shades of gray kind of book. Not recommended, but important to me.
 
I go back and forth on the Q phenomenon, but I will say this: if Q turns out to be real, and what he’s been saying will happen turns out to happen, then the book “Revolution Q,” by Neon Revolt, will retroactively become one of the most important American political books ever written.

The amount of research that went into this book is hard to even comprehend. I’m not just saying this because his website once promoted my book, either - I’ve been reading it all day and it puts a lot of current events in perspective.
 

Zenta

Woodpecker
Gold Member
The life changing magic of tidying up by Marie Kondo along with goodbye, things by Fumio Sasaki - Have greatly helped me reduce clutter over over the last 4 years as well as ditching needless consumerism and most importantly always keeping my place organized and tidy.

Can't hurt me by David Goggins. Only non self help book I read that made me do what all the self help books I read didn't.

Edit: Also the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho - Very quick read that reminds me to keep chasing what I want in life and to not settle because its the easy way.
 

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
MichaelWitcoff said:
I go back and forth on the Q phenomenon, but I will say this: if Q turns out to be real, and what he’s been saying will happen turns out to happen, then the book “Revolution Q,” by Neon Revolt, will retroactively become one of the most important American political books ever written.

The amount of research that went into this book is hard to even comprehend. I’m not just saying this because his website once promoted my book, either - I’ve been reading it all day and it puts a lot of current events in perspective.
Please for the love of GSBH will someone solve the mystery of Q!!

I am completely divided on this as well.
 

Hypno

Crow
The Coming Dollar Devaluation and How to profit from it by Harry Brown. This book was written prior to Nixon abrogating the gold standard in 1973. He didn’t quite call it exactly right, but his advice was sound. Even better, the first part of the book explains what Money really is. But let me on a quest to learn a lot of things, including a lot of conspiracy theories.Not all of them are true, and you can’t be certain which ones are true and which ones are not, but it opens your mind to the possibility of things that might be true things that might be false. It made learning game a lot easier
 
debeguiled said:
MichaelWitcoff said:
I go back and forth on the Q phenomenon, but I will say this: if Q turns out to be real, and what he’s been saying will happen turns out to happen, then the book “Revolution Q,” by Neon Revolt, will retroactively become one of the most important American political books ever written.

The amount of research that went into this book is hard to even comprehend. I’m not just saying this because his website once promoted my book, either - I’ve been reading it all day and it puts a lot of current events in perspective.
Please for the love of GSBH will someone solve the mystery of Q!!

I am completely divided on this as well.
I'd check out Neon's book. He demystifies a lot of what's been going on. Takes him more than 100 pages just to get to Trump's election, setting the stage for our understanding of the context in which the Q phenomenon began.
 
The Law (Bastiat) & Defending The Undefendable (Block): I realized that the state was not only inefficient but also completely immoral... and that if it messes up charity and schools and business then it certainly messes up military, law, and roads.

Ecclesiastes (Solomon) & David Copperfield (Dickens) & The Devils (Dostoevsky): taught me there was nothing new under the sun, and demonstrated that men have always felt they lived in "hopeless times", yearned for "better times", and that the ego to reinvent the wheel and throw off past wisdom knew no bounds.

The Game (Strauss) & Start With No (Camp): opened my mind about social interactions and persuasion.

Honorable mention to Fear & Trembling (Kierkegaard), Hamlet (Shakespeare), and The Catcher In The Rye (Salinger) for accompanying huge emotional shifts in my life.
 

Paracelsus

Crow
Gold Member
Rich Dad Poor Dad.

But not the way you think.

Because after a few years of generally failing at implementing its "wisdom", I looked around to see if there was some sort of scam at work. That's when I found John T. Reed. And that's what introduced me to the Right. And that's what started helping me wake up.
 

Teedub

Crow
Gold Member
It didn't change my life (well, maybe in regards to travelling it did actually), but Roosh's Dead Bat in Paraguay is maybe the most enjoyable book I've ever read. I started reading it one night in bed and ended up reading all the way through until early the following day, being absolutely exhausted at a job interview I had to attend. February 2013 if I remember correctly.
 
Top